Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Nekounam going to retire?

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    so sad that most of our players retire without any real glory on any stage ;(
    we havent wont any cups, no world cup wins, no real mark in the european stage like CL.....at least daei and mahdavidia did a little bit there. but overall very disappointing that we cant even win something on the asian stage; whether asian cup or asian CL
    Doesn't take away anything from Javad, he has both had a very successful LA Liga career and national team career

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Watching Nekounam live against UAE in Brisbane is something I'll never forget. His positioning off the ball, decision making and ball distribution was so superior to anyone on the pitch.
      Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I will get bashed for this, but I think he should stick around a little longer. He still delivers every time for Team Melli, let's keep him till we find his successor at least.

Comment

He will be missed. What a legend, 37 goals for a central midfielder in International stage is a great achievement. His overall play, his passing,headers,defensive stability and organisation were all a great asset. A real gentlemen.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

He will surely be missed when he retires. I think the time is right for that and no matter when he does that, there will be a void to be filled after him. But it is better to try and find the replacement for him now and not in two years time. I think he would be great as manager also.
            Ezzatollahi would be great in that position but I think he might be a bit too young yet.
            sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
            >-----------------<
            Marg bar dictator
            >-----------------<

Comment

He will be missed more than any player that has retired from TM. As a captain he has been great. Hopefully ando can take over as captain and lead this team to the next world cup.

If we don't have a replacement, I think it would be wise to change formation and or style of play soon, as currently we relay heavily on Neku. One player that comes to mind is the Aria guy (Japanese Iranian) as a good replacement.
              United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                Doesn't take away anything from Javad, he has both had a very successful LA Liga career and national team career
                i never said it takes away anything from him, he was one of the most successful in europe in terms of first team playing time consistency. he did lead his team into semis of europa league with that header...he also scored on real madrid, captained against barcelona once but as far as getting a reward for something like a trophy is something all our players have missed unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I will get bashed for this, but I think he should stick around a little longer. He still delivers every time for Team Melli, let's keep him till we find his successor at least.
                  like i said before, for time being we need him to keep active but but i rather we ONLY play him when in competitive games where results are an important matter and his presence is vital..!!
                  friendlies and most non-competitive games needs to be used to break in a worthy replacements instead and he can focus on assisting CQ and role modeling his possible younger replacements..!!

Comment

Working...
                  X