Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran climbs to 41st place in FIFA ranking, still 1st in Asia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No changes in the top 5 teams, still Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Netherlands.

TM jumps ahead of Sweden, Nigeria, Guinea and Cameroon and maintains its position as 1st in Asia and 41st overall. Iran was also the top 7th mover in the continent for the month.

Asia Ranking by Total Points (overall ranking)

1 - Iran, 41
    2 - S. Korea, 54
    3 - Japan, 55
    4 - Australia, 63
    5 - UAE, 66
    6 - Uzbekistan, 71
    7 - China, 82
    8 - Oman, 91

I put the top 8 teams since this is the list we need to be watching before the WCQ draw. Iraq are ranked just below Oman, so if there's no changes to the list, they can still be in our qualifying group and get their arses kicked - fingers crossed!

Asia's Top Movers (# of places jumped)

1 - Australia, 37
    2 - Iraq, 20
    3 - Pakistan, 17
    4 - Korea, 15
    5 - China, 14
    5 - UAE, 14
    7 - Iran, 10

Asia's Worst Movers

1 - Qatar, -17
    2 - Palestine, -11
    3 - Cambodia, -5

Comment

Iran ranked ahead of Sweden.

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...ing-table/men/

(PS please save me a reply as if I think Iran is better than Sweden. I know FIFA ranking is not entirely true in some aspects and I'm just saying this statement since Iran will be playing them soon Everybody on PFDC is too serious these days so I had to say that before we have a 20 page thread in this about FIFA rankings for no reason at all comparing Iran to FIFA rank 30-50 teams )

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        Iraq are ranked just below Oman, so if there's no changes to the list, they can still be in our qualifying group and get their arses kicked - fingers crossed!
        I just hope Saudi Arabia would be grouped with Australia or Japan so they don't make it to the next round.

Comment

Why is Australia so low? Did they lose a lot of points losing against high ranking teams in the world cup?

Comment

Originally posted by mayhem View Post
            Why is Australia so low? Did they lose a lot of points losing against high ranking teams in the world cup?
            No, before the Asian Cup they were losing to garbage asian teams left and right.

Comment

I dont really care which place we are ranked, as long as we kick asz

Comment

Not bad considering that CQ is often on vacation, and doesn't even invite all the best players. FIFA might be awarding points based on potential?
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Barring Korea which has always been a decent side, it Hurts more now, when you have teams like Australia, UAE and Iraq in the top 4 of Asia cup!!! Its obvious Iran was totally destroyed to make room for Australia's first Asia Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    Barring Korea which has always been a decent side, it Hurts more now, when you have teams like Australia, UAE and Iraq in the top 4 of Asia cup!!! Its obvious Iran was totally destroyed to make room for Australia's first Asia Cup!
                    At least FIFA ranking shows who is the REAL best team in asia.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      At least FIFA ranking shows who is the REAL best team in asia.
                      I agree. For once the rankings are actually accurate.

Comment

As much as I want revenge against Iraq, we need to play a smart campaign with very little emotion. Its best to just channel our energy into getting wins and qualifying as early as possible. It's great for us that UAE is in the top 8 since there is a likelihood that Japan/SouthKorea/Australia/Uzbekistan/UAE/China can eliminate Qatar/Saudi(teams that would really slow our campaign down).

Comment

There is nothing to revenge against Iraq. We lost the game to Ben the Scumbag Williams, not Iraq.

We should be thinking of paying back that lowlife somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdii10
                            Great! We hope to see you there. Younis is ready too
                            Hey Iraqi, duplicate accounts are not allowed. Are you illiterate?

Comment

Iraq to become the new 8-0ers That's why there actually IS a revenge against Iraq Damavand jan, because these uneducated, immature Arab fans think the fact that they beat Iran with 10 men in penalties they are a big deal now when in reality their 3rd rate Asian team is no different than Bahrain or Lebanon

Everyone send their salavaat so we can hopefully get Iraq early in the WCQ, and knock their delusional fans out.

Comment

Working...
                              X