Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one word that describes an Iranian champion versus all other nations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the one word that describes an Iranian champion versus all other nations?

A true Iranian champion is different than all other champions I have seen around the world. People like Takhti and Ghaieghran can be described with one word not many other champions in other countries possess and that is: HUMILITY.

In Western culture confidence is promoted as the trait we need to possess and we hear: "Fake it till you make it" or "Fake it till you become it" and scientifically this seems to be the truth in the animal kingdom and champions like Zinedine Zidane, Mohammad Ali or Ussain Bolt but somehow our culture allows us to succeed sometimes despite lack of fake confidence. Our champions can be humble, keep their heads down and still win. Not that we are the only nation that produces these types of champs but honestly most of our champs seem very down to earth. Perhaps it is because of the low salaries...

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
    A true Iranian champion is different than all other champions I have seen around the world. People like Takhti and Ghaieghran can be described with one word not many other champions in other countries possess and that is: HUMILITY.

In Western culture confidence is promoted as the trait we need to possess and we hear: "Fake it till you make it" or "Fake it till you become it" and scientifically this seems to be the truth in the animal kingdom and champions like Zinedine Zidane, Mohammad Ali or Ussain Bolt but somehow our culture allows us to succeed sometimes despite lack of fake confidence. Our champions can be humble, keep their heads down and still win. Not that we are the only nation that produces these types of champs but honestly most of our champs seem very down to earth. Perhaps it is because of the low salaries...
    wtf did i just read

Comment

Originally posted by emamemarid View Post
      wtf did i just read
      I am sorry you didn't get the message of this though-provoking post.

Comment

Pahlevan Irani tak hast

اول اخلاق، دوم درس، سوم ورزش

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
          What you wrote is a heavy topic and since this is a sport site, 80% will not relate... But here is my 2 cents:
          The only part of our culture that I know that teaches about being humble is the sufi(darvishi) teachings .... In the old days, the sufi culture was inter meshed with "Varzesh e Bastani" if you read the writings of Rumi, Hafez , Saadi and other Darvishes, they are about worldly detachment and being humble.... Unfortunately, from what I have heard of a few Darvish friends I have, sufis are not even allowed to practice in Iran anymore... their Khaneghahs(Sufi Houses) are shut down after the revolution... This has a direct reflection in the post revolution culture where the radical Islam is practiced and promoted as opposed to Sufis denominations which are considered the most liberal denomination of Islam .... The funny part is, the western world loves the writings of these old Sufis and I see Rumi's poems get quoted in facebook on daily basis, but it's prohibited in Iran(not the poetry but their religious practices and ceremonies) where it stem from! This is just my 2 cents but I think being humble is a direct teaching in Erfan(Spirituality) but not so much in Din(Relegion) .

Comment

I would just add that we find this mentality outside of Iran as well. The San Antonio Spurs would probably be the best example of humble champions.
            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
              I would just add that we find this mentality outside of Iran as well. The San Antonio Spurs would probably be the best example of humble champions.
              Why? What did they do?

Comment

Seriously WTF? lmfao
                ==============================================

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                  Why? What did they do?
                  They are a humble team even though they have dominated the NBA for many years.
                  راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Working...
                  X