Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
      He was given a chance (3 starts) and didn't impress. If you look at his numbers at Foolad the season before he joined Sepahan, they were far from impressive also.
      3 starts apparently is enough to judge a player and demote him to bench for good in your view..?? besides, as a coach if i wanted to make a player look bad in my system of play, you give me Messi and i can ensure his failure..!! on his Foolad form, ill take your word for it, like i said i hardly watch any more than 1 IPL game per year. but i never found IPL form as a very vital indicator of an exceptional talent..!!

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      mobali, borhani, nikbakht, madanchi etc etc and now afshin were never that talented to begin with. true talent rises to the top, injuries are a part of the game. these players were all hyped by fans and media but i never watched a single one of them and thought that they were at the level of an azizi, kia, daei, dejagah etc.
      nikbakht and madanchi fit your claims here best..!! these 2 were only good for IPL style of kharToKhar bodo bodo football..!! Borhani little less so but still yes..!!
      Mobali and Afshin certainly showed flashes of real talent, one was often caught in controversy and a bit undersized and lightweight. Afshin apparently became victim of injuries, (sorta like Jabbari)..? didnt quiet have the partybazi and dalali connections and the style of play suited to IPL..!!?
      i certainly wasnt insinuating that he was on par talent to some of our footballing legends, but he certainly coulda been another ARJahanbaksh, probably even better...!!

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
      ^^ By that time Afshin was already on the downhill. His best two seasons where the two years right before AC 2011. I thought later on he did not have the mental toughness, motivation, or discipline to transform his youth talent into becoming a solid grown up player. Having the right kind of coaching in that transition juncture is necessary, but he was not getting that either.
      you may well be right ...!! i think he lacked confidence and self belief..!!??i remember him being absolutely Shocked and surprised by the sudden attention he was getting after his breakout into national scene in AC11 ..!!

how old is he now..? any hope left for that kid..!!?

Comment

^^ He just turned 26... not allowed to play in Foolad nowadays due to sarbazi issue.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/arash-a...spieler/173083

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          3 starts apparently is enough to judge a player and demote him to bench for good in your view..?? besides, as a coach if i wanted to make a player look bad in my system of play, you give me Messi and i can ensure his failure..!! on his Foolad form, ill take your word for it, like i said i hardly watch any more than 1 IPL game per year. but i never found IPL form as a very vital indicator of an exceptional talent..!!

nikbakht and madanchi fit your claims here best..!! these 2 were only good for IPL style of kharToKhar bodo bodo football..!! Borhani little less so but still yes..!!
          Mobali and Afshin certainly showed flashes of real talent, one was often caught in controversy and a bit undersized and lightweight. Afshin apparently became victim of injuries, (sorta like Jabbari)..? didnt quiet have the partybazi and dalali connections and the style of play suited to IPL..!!?
          i certainly wasnt insinuating that he was on par talent to some of our footballing legends, but he certainly coulda been another ARJahanbaksh, probably even better...!!

you may well be right ...!! i think he lacked confidence and self belief..!!??i remember him being absolutely Shocked and surprised by the sudden attention he was getting after his breakout into national scene in AC11 ..!!

how old is he now..? any hope left for that kid..!!?
          Dude he started 3 games after that he came in as a sub and didn't impress. Eventually he wasn't even in the 18 player list. Just look at the guy's stats in Foolad the year he supposedly had offers from Lille. They were mediocre at best. (28 appearances & 4 goals). He is a nice kid that is blessed with good looks but he never played to his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
            Dude he started 3 games after that he came in as a sub and didn't impress. Eventually he wasn't even in the 18 player list. Just look at the guy's stats in Foolad the year he supposedly had offers from Lille. They were mediocre at best. (28 appearances & 4 goals). He is a nice kid that is blessed with good looks but he never played to his potential.
            true that

Comment

Working...
            X