This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Sacrifice your chances for Rubin? Lol does he not know the power of google and the fact that any potential team interested will get wind of such comments?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Why do we even follow our players at this point? Call me when we have a player in Bundesliga, EPL, Serie A or La Liga. As of now, outisde of TM, none of our players are even close to making it big in Europe. I do blame Dejagah for this. He had the chance to be the household name in EPL or Bundesliga after WC 2014. He was so good in the WC and for Fulham at the end of the 13-14 season. People thought he was cool, and he made Iranians apparent in Europe. With him gone, Iran has 0 presence in Euro top leagues, and teams will fear that signing Iranian players will result with them leaving to Arabs for money in their primes.

Dejagah screwed every young player in Iran, not just himself. All for money. Dirty oil money.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Why do we even follow our players at this point? Call me when we have a player in Bundesliga, EPL, Serie A or La Liga. As of now, outisde of TM, none of our players are even close to making it big in Europe. I do blame Dejagah for this. He had the chance to be the household name in EPL or Bundesliga after WC 2014. He was so good in the WC and for Fulham at the end of the 13-14 season. People thought he was cool, and he made Iranians apparent in Europe. With him gone, Iran has 0 presence in Euro top leagues, and teams will fear that signing Iranian players will result with them leaving to Arabs for money in their primes.

Dejagah screwed every young player in Iran, not just himself. All for money. Dirty oil money.
      I think Iranian agents and players as a collective are more likely at fault than Ashkan. Think about it, would you blame him if he never played for TM? His pedigree and CV in Europe is extensive, if anything we should be glad he choose TM. Of course like you, I wish he had a different ending in Europe perhaps not for a few years but he has to consider personal factors before signing with a club and he shouldn't be faulted for that.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think Iranian agents and players as a collective are more likely at fault than Ashkan. Think about it, would you blame him if he never played for TM? His pedigree and CV in Europe is extensive, if anything we should be glad he choose TM. Of course like you, I wish he had a different ending in Europe perhaps not for a few years but he has to consider personal factors before signing with a club and he shouldn't be faulted for that.

In my opinion, at 28 years old, you should still be chasing professional success. He could have gone to Qatar anytime after 30, but he chose the worst possible time to go.

You don't think Euro teams look at Iran and say, "who was their best player in the 2014 WC? Oh, this Dejagah guy, what happened to him? He left for Qatar right after he was relegated. Damn, Iran must be a shitty team. Let's get some Japanese players instead"

It brings down the pedigree of our team as a whole. If you notice, one player can change the view of a team as a whole. When Ali Daei left to Europe, many more Iranians followed in his wake. Having your most talented player in Europe does increase your nations visibility and that is undeniable. Ashkan is our most talented player, even if some will debate that. We were a different team without him against Turkmenistan... He might make mistakes, but overall talent-wise, he was our talisman. It may have changed recently, but that is only a result of his move to Qatar.

I respect him for choosing TM, but to leave for Qatar at 28 is unforgivable. It has caused ripple effects beyond just his personal career. He made a personal decision to chase money. That is all. I do not respect those "personal reasons" when a player is in his prime and being sought after by teams in Bundesliga and EPL. The dude is just greedy. Maybe when he's Neko's age, it would be fine, but he sold-out. 100%. Set Iranian players back 5 years, as now we have no presence in top Euro football. It will be hard for any of our youngsters to break that ceiling again.

Comment

In my opinion, at 28 years old, you should still be chasing professional success. He could have gone to Qatar anytime after 30, but he chose the worst possible time to go.

You don't think Euro teams look at Iran and say, "who was their best player in the 2014 WC? Oh, this Dejagah guy, what happened to him? He left for Qatar right after he was relegated. Damn, Iran must be a shitty team. Let's get some Japanese players instead"

It brings down the pedigree of our team as a whole. If you notice, one player can change the view of a team as a whole. When Ali Daei left to Europe, many more Iranians followed in his wake. Having your most talented player in Europe does increase your nations visibility and that is undeniable. Ashkan is our most talented player, even if some will debate that. We were a different team without him against Turkmenistan... He might make mistakes, but overall talent-wise, he was our talisman. It may have changed recently, but that is only a result of his move to Qatar.

I respect him for choosing TM, but to leave for Qatar at 28 is unforgivable. It has caused ripple effects beyond just his personal career. He made a personal decision to chase money. That is all. I do not respect those "personal reasons" when a player is in his prime and being sought after by teams in Bundesliga and EPL. The dude is just greedy. Maybe when he's Neko's age, it would be fine, but he sold-out. 100%. Set Iranian players back 5 years, as now we have no presence in top Euro football. It will be hard for any of our youngsters to break that ceiling again.
          First off...if they are going to pick Japanese players over Iranian players based on team strength and players in Europe...then the FIFA ranking should convince teams Iran has quality players even if we have one less legionnaire in Europe thanks to Ashkan.

Second, what bundesliga, EPL offers? Like Azmoun to Arsenal, or was ARJ predicted moves the logic you are basing this on? We don't know if he even had an offer, let alone the chance to reject one for Qatar. If it was in the Iranian media it was likely BS. I am sure if Ashkan received a quality offer from Germany or England he likely would have considered it. Reality is, he prob didn't care to help Fulham win promotion over lining his pocket with petro dollars...and who can blame him. The championship is not exactly prime time football.

Comment

First off...if they are going to pick Japanese players over Iranian players based on team strength and players in Europe...then the FIFA ranking should convince teams Iran has quality players even if we have one less legionnaire in Europe thanks to Ashkan.

Second, what bundesliga, EPL offers? Like Azmoun to Arsenal, or was ARJ predicted moves the logic you are basing this on? We don't know if he even had an offer, let alone the chance to reject one for Qatar. If it was in the Iranian media it was likely BS. I am sure if Ashkan received a quality offer from Germany or England he likely would have considered it. Reality is, he prob didn't care to help Fulham win promotion over lining his pocket with petro dollars...and who can blame him. The championship is not exactly prime time football.

My dear friend, you are gravely mistaken. Our players reject offers from Europe more than you're making it out to be....sometimes the media doesn't even know about it. The unfortunate truth is a lot of these guys don't want to leave their comfort zone in Iran and be in a new environment. Although I must say, every players reason is different but at the end of the day it's all BS, that being probably the most common of the BS excuses.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              My dear friend, you are gravely mistaken. Our players reject offers from Europe more than you're making it out to be....sometimes the media doesn't even know about it. The unfortunate truth is a lot of these guys don't want to leave their comfort zone in Iran and be in a new environment. Although I must say, every players reason is different but at the end of the day it's all BS, that being probably the most common of the BS excuses.
              Where is Dejagah's comfort zone in your opinion? Keeping in mind he went through the German youth football system. Is it near his friends and familly in Europe/Germany in which he speaks flawless German and pretty good English? Or is it in Qatar where he speaks no Arabic and is just somewhat closer to Iran a place where although he has ancesteral and extended family ties is not likely to be his home.

Comment

Where is Dejagah's comfort zone in your opinion? Keeping in mind he went through the German youth football system. Is it near his friends and familly in Europe/Germany in which he speaks flawless German and pretty good English? Or is it in Qatar where he speaks no Arabic and is just somewhat closer to Iran a place where although he has ancesteral and extended family ties is not likely to be his home.
                First off, Ashkan loves middle eastern culture. You can see this from all of his posts on Instagram. I have cousins like Ashkan, born and raised in US or Europe, but love Islam, and consider themselves outsiders in the countries in which they live. Ashkan posts about Palestinians, anti-Israeli policy etc. He shaved his head with stripes of color and got covered in tattoos, some about Iran and Islam, and of the players who joined TM from Europe, he seems the most into kissing the Quran before matches and praying and whatnot. He is a middle eastern boy, don't lie to yourself and say he is not content living among Muslims. He is a Muslim himself who I am sure loves being near Mecca and Iran. I doubt he's uncomfortably in Qatar for that reason.
                The second major reason I doubt he is less comfortable is the several millions of dollars he has and the crazy accommodations him and others get living in Qatar. Honestly, if you asked me to take the money they are getting and live the lifestyle they are living right now to leave America, you can sure as he'll bet I would do it for a couple of years, at least.
                I am not a professional athlete though, so me leaving America wouldn't be a big deal. They probably wouldn't even care to lose me. I would also have a harder time in Arab countries since I don't believe in religion and I don't particularly enjoy being around religious people.
                Ashkan knew what he is doing. He went for the money, luxuries and lack of competition to relax. That is shameful and destroyed our image. Google Ashkan Dejagah and see how many of the main articles that pop up are Fulham and Iran starlet leaves English football for Al Arabi. Yeah, makes us look great as a team. Our most famous player leaves for oil money in his prime.

Comment

Fyi, there were many confirmed reports that Ashkan had these offers. Even from an interview with his Agent Reza Fazeli which was on the front page of this website, PFDC.com. He said Ashkan has offers from both BPL and Bundesliga teams, but they couldn't come to terms. Both Fulham and Ashkan were happier with the Qatar move... This was one case where the party bazi went backwards.

Our player didn't hype up these offers, but we all knew he deserved to move to a better team. One month after his move, when the anger died down, they dismissed the other offers, and never acknowledged them concretely. Quite different than Azmoun name dropping Arsenal or JB going to Norwich. Dejagah was Fulham's best player, and it's ridiculous to believe that at 28 he had no offers from even a mid-table Bundesliga team.

According to many on PFDC, the offers were from his old club Hertha and BPL club Everton. These might be made up, but we'll never know as neither Ashkan not his agent will tell. They don't want us to know he had concrete offers from good teams and turned them down.

Comment

For Ashkan at this point in his career it's about the money, just like most aging players. That's a bad example because his demographic is not one I was alluding to at all. It's the younger age players who have the opportunity who don't take them, take a guy like mosalman who just rejected an offer to go to Europe making 5x as much as he currently makes in Iran and more than he would ever make in Iran......not wanting to leave Tehran because his buddies and GF and whole party/social life is there. Refuses to not play in Tehran this upcoming season.....could you please explain that for me? Because this scenario is just what I was alluding to.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      For Ashkan at this point in his career it's about the money, just like most aging players. That's a bad example because his demographic is not one I was alluding to at all. It's the younger age players who have the opportunity who don't take them, take a guy like mosalman who just rejected an offer to go to Europe making 5x as much as he currently makes in Iran and more than he would ever make in Iran......not wanting to leave Tehran because his buddies and GF and whole party/social life is there. Refuses to not play in Tehran this upcoming season.....could you please explain that for me? Because this scenario is just what I was alluding to.
                      That I agree with. I also agree that Sardar is committed far too much to Berdyev and the Russian league when he comes out and says he has no desire to go to a top 5 Euro league. But the debate I was having was about Ashkan, and for a guy who has Berlin and Tehran on each arm, I don't think his comfort zone is in Qatar. I also think Ashkan is winding down his career. I think he knows we all know that he is injury prone, and likely doesn't want to put his body through anything more than necessary for him in this stage of his life and career. I don't see Ashkan playing international football past 32 and I doubt if his club career will go longer.

First off, Ashkan loves middle eastern culture. You can see this from all of his posts on Instagram. I have cousins like Ashkan, born and raised in US or Europe, but love Islam, and consider themselves outsiders in the countries in which they live. Ashkan posts about Palestinians, anti-Israeli policy etc. He shaved his head with stripes of color and got covered in tattoos, some about Iran and Islam, and of the players who joined TM from Europe, he seems the most into kissing the Quran before matches and praying and whatnot. He is a middle eastern boy, don't lie to yourself and say he is not content living among Muslims. He is a Muslim himself who I am sure loves being near Mecca and Iran. I doubt he's uncomfortably in Qatar for that reason.
                      The second major reason I doubt he is less comfortable is the several millions of dollars he has and the crazy accommodations him and others get living in Qatar. Honestly, if you asked me to take the money they are getting and live the lifestyle they are living right now to leave America, you can sure as he'll bet I would do it for a couple of years, at least.
                      I am not a professional athlete though, so me leaving America wouldn't be a big deal. They probably wouldn't even care to lose me. I would also have a harder time in Arab countries since I don't believe in religion and I don't particularly enjoy being around religious people.
                      Ashkan knew what he is doing. He went for the money, luxuries and lack of competition to relax. That is shameful and destroyed our image. Google Ashkan Dejagah and see how many of the main articles that pop up are Fulham and Iran starlet leaves English football for Al Arabi. Yeah, makes us look great as a team. Our most famous player leaves for oil money in his prime.
                      What does this have to do with it? I was born and raised outside of Iran and like Ashkan and your cousin feel very connected to my Persian roots. That wasn't my point at all.

On another note, those social media accounts purportedly belonging to Ashkan are not officially verified, and has repeatedly stated he doesn't do instagram and facebook. It's the internet, anyone can open up an account.

Comment

What does this have to do with it? I was born and raised outside of Iran and like Ashkan and your cousin feel very connected to my Persian roots. That wasn't my point at all.

On another note, those social media accounts purportedly belonging to Ashkan are not officially verified, and has repeatedly stated he doesn't do instagram and facebook. It's the internet, anyone can open up an account.

I don't know if you read my entire post, but I was merely disagreeing with you implying that Germany was Ashkan's comfort zone. You responded to Ghermez Agha with what you should have responded to me it seems.

You aren't like my cousins or Ashkan. I enjoy Persian culture as well, but I don't enjoy Arab culture. I'm fairly sure that is Ashkan's instagram as it has over 240K followers and many of the pictures seem like legitimate private pictures.

https://instagram.com/ashkan.dejagah/?hl=en

Either way, I've seen how much Ashkan likes the middle east. Daniel Davari? Maybe not so much. He'd be out of his comfort zone in Iran or in Qatar or any country in the Middle East.

Ashkan fits right in, and loves Islam (I saw how he kissed the Quran 6-7 times before the world cup when players like Shojaei and others actually on TM barely kissed the book and moved on.

The guy likes Islam, looks middle eastern, gets along with the minority players in Germany from his youth days like the Boateng brothers, I don't really think he has that much of a connection to Germany as you put it. Heck he left there at the age of 25 for England. Was that also uncomfortable for him? He left his German home and friends, right?

My point is he 100% went to Qatar for money. This isn't a personal challenge, or any of that other bs. He got offered a big fat paycheck and he took it. He's obviously happy there as he says he has no intention of returning to Europe. I just disagree with you making it seem like Dejagah took this up as some personal challenge to leave his comfort zone. I'm saying that he seems just fine and dandy in Qatar. Especially with all that $$$.

Comment

I don't know if you read my entire post, but I was merely disagreeing with you implying that Germany was Ashkan's comfort zone. You responded to Ghermez Agha with what you should have responded to me it seems.

You aren't like my cousins or Ashkan.

Ashkan fits right in, and loves Islam (I saw how he kissed the Quran 6-7 times before the world cup when players like Shojaei and others actually on TM barely kissed the book and moved on.

The guy likes Islam, looks middle eastern, gets along with the minority players in Germany from his youth days like the Boateng brothers, I don't really think he has that much of a connection to Germany as you put it. Heck he left there at the age of 25 for England. Was that also uncomfortable for him? He left his German home and friends, right?
                          Ok fine, I am not like your cousin or Ashkan, but I got to admit you are a terrible judge, jury, and executioner.

Based on how you perceive he kissed the koran you have concluded Ashkan loves Islam and therefore his instagram account riddled with pro palestinian stuff means it is credible and his.

However, based on his own words that he has no instagram account that can be dismissed because you believe again due to how he kissed the koran it must be his instagram.

I was never arguing about AD's religious beliefs or even if he is like you or me...but rather focussing on the obvious facts or evidence. Maybe you are right, I am not like you and your cousin, but Ashkan well I don't think you are credible enough to judge that no offence intended

Comment

Recent comments on Azmoun from the Rubin Kazan coach:

"- There remains the question of Azmun ...

RB Bloggers assert themselves on the Internet, accused that it was necessary to find an approach to the man. I have to Azmun never had any problems. When I sat on the bench after three rounds, then he explained why it did. He became offended, I told him: "Listen, you're 20 years old, but it's a man's job, you are responsible for the full program. If you do not stand up, then the other has to play. " He kind of understood. I never had any block. You need it, you're playing, do not chase after money, no matter who you beckoned - should be held here. From your game on your future, the amount of the contract. Like nods, he understands. On the bench I sat objectively because Portnyagin was on his head more. When dipped Gekdeniz, I told him: "Your second position on the football field - flank attack striker - in any case you will need in the future." After the match with "Mordovia" I was counting on him, but he did not come directly from the Asian Cup, it was delayed, so even with the injuries were. I will train, will not - a naughty boy. We talked, he began to work. Wow played on a new position - that's it, I thought. Especially the ending championship Karadeniz could not survive. Or left or right Azmun could play.

At first, he said: "I want more practice." I said, "You're going to play, play well off the bench, get out of the starting lineup." "I'm staying," it was said to me personally, we give Mullin and Azmun suddenly announced that he was leaving. I do not have to crawl at his feet and say, "Azmunchik, play!" After the team did not have enough speed reserve in those moments when hooked Portnyagin. We needed a simple slider, which would run all terrorized. Well, the player knew the coach, worked with him longer, of course, felt a sense of gratitude for the invitation. May 30 is the deadline for his rental agreement. Holiday ended 17 numbers, any individual concessions could only be for collectors. Azmun the team has not been called, I was supposed to arrive. Where is it, I do not know - the player at the workplace is not there. This childishness."

http://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/136329/

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FK Rostov | 2015

Sardar about to screw up his career in no time. What's happening in his head? If he doesn't wake up right about now he's probably going to go through 1-2 shit Russian teams like Rostov the next few years and come back to Iran.

Slowly losing more hope in this guy every day recently

Comment

Yeah this is getting old now. Coming out and blasting a player publicly and talking about private things is SOO PROFESSIONAL as opposed to what Azmoun is doing.

What a hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                                X