What is your most favirote WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your most favirote WC?

I was thinking last night about what most people perceive as their most favorite worldcup in which Iran featured in. I know most of the opinions in here will be based on how old you. Most of the young ones will probably say 2014.

My choice is WC 98. Use the poll as well.
    Iran at Argentina 1978
    0%
    Iran at France 1998
    0%
    Iran at Germany 2006
    0%
    Iran at Brazil 2014
    0%

All the CQ worshipers will vote for 2014. Just watch.

Comment

if I was answering based on Irans perfromance it would have to be 1998 due to the win over USA but that perfromance vs Argentina was honestly more impressive feat.
      If it was my fav world cup it would be 2006
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        if I was answering based on Irans perfromance it would have to be 1998 due to the win over USA but that perfromance vs Argentina was honestly more impressive feat.
        If it was my fav world cup it would be 2006
        In terms of attack I would rate game vs Yugoslavia in 1998 slightly higher, not to mention the win over USA.

Comment

I was only 4 years old at the World Cup 1998, so I can't remember anything of that.

I think the Argentina game makes me vote for the World Cup 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            I was only 4 years old at the World Cup 1998, so I can't remember anything of that.
            I think the Argentina game makes me vote for the World Cup 2014.
            Damn Kiarash, so based on clipsports logic ur a CQ worshipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Navid_M View Post
              In terms of attack I would rate game vs Yugoslavia in 1998 slightly higher, not to mention the win over USA.
              Based soley on a football perspective, beating usa in 1998 was not so difficult, for political reasons this game was important

Almost beating the world cup finalists with the best player in the world on their team is more impressive for Iran
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I voted '98 because it's the only one where we got a win, it was amazing how we qualified as the final team and I think that was our mot golden generation of players.

'78 would be my 2nd favorite because it was the 1st time we qualified for the WC and had we believed in ourselves more, we could have done much better. It's also the 1st WC I watched as a kid and '78 overall is also my favorite WC of all time with the Argentina-Holland final being an absolute classic.

My least favorite would be '06 where I couldn't even be bothered to drive to Leipzig to watch the last game even though I had tickets! It was obviously the only WC in which we were eliminated before the last game.

Of course, if you go purely by stats compared to other teams in the same tournament 2014 was our worst WC with a 28th paced finish (tied with '78 if you use a percentile based on the number of teams).

If you go with stats based only on our own performance compared to other WC's, 78 would be the worst performance with 1 point and -6 GD, followed by 06 with 1 point and -4 GD.

Comment

Iran at 1998 was the best but 2014 world cup as a whole competition was one of the most interesting world cups ever. So many unpredictable games. So many of the top teams didn't make it to the second round so I truly enjoyed this world cup.

Comment

This is really a no brainer.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

France 1998 was generally amazing and my first WC so i go for that. And i was in Lyon stadium for our match vs USA what an amazing day that was. I remember it like it was yesterday although close to 17 yrs have passed and i was only 8 yrs old back then.

Comment

had a great time in Germany 2006
                        me and my nephew were there for 3 weeks, saw all of US and Iran games and few others, although both of our teams Rid, we had a hell of a time driving the entire Germany and couple of neighboring countries ..

Comment

98'

Could have and should have advanced out of that group :/
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don't remember any W/C that anyone though much about Iran. But it was 1998 when we made it to W/C in the most dramatic way. And our performance against Yugoslavia, Germany and especially the arrogant USA (the media of course) couldn't be any sweater. Both 1998 and 2014 squad have made me a very proud fan.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Even if Iran wasn't in it, world cup 1998 would be by far my favorite. So many legends played and all the top teams were strong. Great tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X