CQ: "I will definitely return to Iran after our friendly matches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
    Yes but he also agreed that theres a 1% chance of returning.. so we still have hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

lol at that scene still remember it. Haha you made me laugh so hard... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by IPG View Post
        You cant make him head and interfere in his choices when u dont like them. .

thats exactly the point.
        The head coach of the national team is the sole decision maker when it comes to all national teams in his federation whether U17 or B team.
        The final say is always with the NT headcoach, anywhere on earth!

CQ did the right thing to leave this federation and its morons!!!

sad for us, but I really cannot blame CQ... a man of his status should not give in, just like others did before him!!!
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Sorry, who is he talking about at 16:25 on? He's saying he painted with his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
            thats exactly the point.
            The head coach of the national team is the sole decision maker when it comes to all national teams in his federation whether U17 or B team.
            The final say is always with the NT headcoach, anywhere on earth!
            Adesor jaan, I did quite a bit of searching the other day and couldn't find any FIFA regulations or written rules anywhere on this subject.

I'm obviously curious as to where this is coming from since I've seen it mentioned a few times here. I would greatly appreciate it if you have a source or some further reading on this.

Obviously, every organization has a hierarchy. My impression was that all the football related programs in any country (NT, U-teams, Futsal, beach soccer, women's programs, etc.) fall under the umbrella of the federation of that country - with a slight grey zone re: Olympic team which also falls under the scope of the Olympic committee of that country).

That would put the head of the football federation on top of that hierarchy in my mind. What you are suggesting is that the NT manager is in fact on top of that hierarchy.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to me because I can think of instances (although nothing specific) where NT managers have quit after too much interference from the federation for player selections even in their own teams (i.e. the full "A" men's NT).

If there are regulations on this, that would obviously never be allowed to happen and FIFA should have taken strong action in those cases (government interference is obviously something else altogether). Of course, our case here is unique because the federation is not forcing CQ to include players but excluding two players who were already called up to another national team.

So, what does FIFA say about where and with whom the final decision rests in a case like this, or does FIFA say anything about it at all? Surely, there must be some rules and regulations on the scope of work for a NT manager and the federation of each country that defines the responsibilities and limitations of each party.

Comment

CQ left for other 'latent' reasons, not sure what. but it seems IFF could not guarantee the the kind of support he wanted in terms of his detailed program. plus IFF money from world cup is still stuck in a FIFA account and without it the government is reluctant to bridge it. So IFF is cash strapped.

Comment

^ Basically, IFF rid.

Comment

Didn't know where else to post this, but it's about the IFF budget:

http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...8%D8%AA%D8%A8/

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                    Didn't know where else to post this, but it's about the IFF budget:

http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...8%D8%AA%D8%A8/
                    It seems IFF does not have the money irrespective of what the sports ministry is saying, I believe the reason CQ has left has more to do with planning and lack of it thereof! see below video:

http://video.varzesh3.com/video-clip...c%d9%88%d9%86/

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjF...ature=youtu.be

You guys should see this.

Comment

Adesor jaan, I did quite a bit of searching the other day and couldn't find any FIFA regulations or written rules anywhere on this subject.

I'm obviously curious as to where this is coming from since I've seen it mentioned a few times here. I would greatly appreciate it if you have a source or some further reading on this.

Obviously, every organization has a hierarchy. My impression was that all the football related programs in any country (NT, U-teams, Futsal, beach soccer, women's programs, etc.) fall under the umbrella of the federation of that country - with a slight grey zone re: Olympic team which also falls under the scope of the Olympic committee of that country).

That would put the head of the football federation on top of that hierarchy in my mind. What you are suggesting is that the NT manager is in fact on top of that hierarchy.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to me because I can think of instances (although nothing specific) where NT managers have quit after too much interference from the federation for player selections even in their own teams (i.e. the full "A" men's NT).

If there are regulations on this, that would obviously never be allowed to happen and FIFA should have taken strong action in those cases (government interference is obviously something else altogether). Of course, our case here is unique because the federation is not forcing CQ to include players but excluding two players who were already called up to another national team.

So, what does FIFA say about where and with whom the final decision rests in a case like this, or does FIFA say anything about it at all? Surely, there must be some rules and regulations on the scope of work for a NT manager and the federation of each country that defines the responsibilities and limitations of each party.
                        Its not up to FIFA.

FIFA does not interfer in areas of responsibilities and contractual agreements between federations and coaches.
                        And thats why in this case IFF feels comfortable to interfere. And CQ feels uncomfortable about it.

Hence, legally, they are in dispute.

What coaches, who want to sign an agreement with IFF could do is, and I highly would recommend them is, to specifically mention in the contracts they sign, that they have "full authority in players selections and final say when it comes to all national teams of that federation".
                        then the coach would be contractually protected vs IFF.

However, since many coaches think that this right is granted to them in Iran also (they are mistaken), they dont even pay attention to this point.
                        and then these disputes happen.

I haven't seen CQs contract, so dont know what has been written there.

But as far as other federations are concerned, the federation does not interfere in the National team's head-coach players selection and the national team head coach has the final say in that regards when it comes to selection of all national players of any age!

you have to remember one thing:
                        As an invidual you cannot be fully protected by a contract, since there are always cases that people didnt think would be neccessary to mention in their contracts as they thought "its so obvious anyway". And thats exactly the problem. What seems "so obvious" to one individual may not be the same to the other side if the aisle when signing agreements.
                        Thats why contracts have to be as detailed as possible. Specially when you enter them with third world countries like Iran, who have a different understanding of management, administration, and operation..etc.. then lets say Germany or UK.

Again, I havent seen CQs contract, so I dont know what has been written there.

But again I havent seen any top tier European coach who would think and act otherwise if he feels he has not full control over his players selection as a national team head-coach!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^^^ I hear what you're saying Adessor jaan and sure if it's mentioned in a contract there would be no two ways about it. But TBH with you, I don't think any decent and organized federation in the world would give that much power to any one coach working for them - let's face it, ultimately an NT coach is working for the federation, not the other way around.

What you're suggesting is the NT coach having carte blanche authority over every single player in that country. They would even be able to block a player's transfer to another country if they felt that transfer would hurt the player's NT duties. For example, in our case CQ would have been able to block PAG's transfer to China because he thought it was a very bad idea.

Or he could simply shut down the league in that country to accommodate NT camps and friendlies - again something CQ wanted and in this particular case IFF was very accommodating. These are very sweeping powers and as you suggested, it would not be obvious that such power would be granted for someone hired just to guide the national team.

Of course, I agree with you that if it's mentioned in a contract it would be a different story and I do recall there were some discussions about CQ's oversight on the other NT's. Like you said, we don't know what was ultimately put in that contract, but knowing CQ he would not be one to easily let it go if there was such a major contractual issue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

Comment

^^^ I hear what you're saying Adessor jaan and sure if it's mentioned in a contract there would be no two ways about it. But TBH with you, I don't think any decent and organized federation in the world would give that much power to any one coach working for them - let's face it, ultimately an NT coach is working for the federation, not the other way around.
                            What you're suggesting is the NT coach having carte blanche authority over every single player in that country. They would even be able to block a player's transfer to another country if they felt that transfer would hurt the player's NT duties. For example, in our case CQ would have been able to block PAG's transfer to China because he thought it was a very bad idea.
                            Or he could simply shut down the league in that country to accommodate NT camps and friendlies - again something CQ wanted and in this particular case IFF was very accommodating. These are very sweeping powers and as you suggested, it would not be obvious that such power would be granted for someone hired just to guide the national team.
                            Of course, I agree with you that if it's mentioned in a contract it would be a different story and I do recall there were some discussions about CQ's oversight on the other NT's. Like you said, we don't know what was ultimately put in that contract, but knowing CQ he would not be one to easily let it go if there was such a major contractual issue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                              Nepal, Afghanistan and Palestine, yes it will be soooo important for Iran, because everyone will see these games and it's not like we're playing every day in Europe, I could fully understand CQ, that's just pure ****.
                              Enough is enough, are people on this website retarded or what? You do know we play Saudi Arabia too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                Enough is enough, are people on this website retarded or what? You do know we play Saudi Arabia too, right?
                                If our team is not able to beat them or even if they lose against them, if Iran is not strong enough to reach the 1st place, or to be one of the 5 best 2nd placed teams, what do we want in Rio?
                                If you are more scared from Saudi Arabia, why do we even play against Sweden and Chile, why are Iranians so scared from Saudi Arabia, it's not like they invented football, even without Azmoun we have enough class for them, our U23-Team is mostly professional, we need our best players for TM not TO, again would you play against a tough opponet without a key player? It's like France would say "we don't need Pogba, we don't have any player in his position with his class, but we also need them for our underage Team", oh hmm seems to be unrealistic, maybe we need our key players? Maybe we don't play against Teams everyday with so much class? Just to remind you.

Comment

Working...
                                X