Was this our greatest result ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Does anyone have a story or remember the match in which (from wikipedia): In one of the most intriguing encounters of the 1978 WCQ and as a sign of the deep trust in youth, Mohajerani challenged the Kuwaiti Team, under the management of Carlos Alberto and Mario Zagalo, on their home turf in the last match of the World Cup preliminary game. Although Iran had already qualified, it was a matter of honor to keep the unbeaten record of the team. Mohajerani fielded a youth team against the full strength Kuwait and still managed to beat them 2–1 in a historic match.

I asked my father who unfortunately had little details to provide besides it was very hyped because Kuwait was one of the best Asian teams along with our own team in that qualification round. Any further details or context would be most appreciated (e.g., how did this challenge come about? Who was the instigator, what was said...etc.)???
    I remember a picture from this match prior to kickoff where the arab players held a banner congratulating TM on their advancement.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
    X