Azmoun
    Gucci
    Golmohammadi
    Jahanbakhsh
    Hajsafi
    Rahmati
    Shojaei

Comment

Damn, what a potential he had. The downfall all started when he joined Perspolis. If he had made better decisions and this stupid military service hadn't stopped him from going to Europe earlier he would be much better today.

I will still put him in the top 6 strikers list in Iran today but he should not be invited to TM and definitely not be given play time, and should instead focus on club level in Europe.

1. Azmoun
      2. Gucci
      3. Sharifi
      4. Motahhari
      5. Shahbazzadeh
      6. Karim

Comment

Originally posted by ONEDREAM View Post
        what did the guy do?
        He serves the national team, went to Europe for a shitty salary, and gives it his best in every game, both at club and international level. I guess that's not enough for the average PFDC forum member.

Comment

I would say that CQ has a reason for trusting him. Just like he trusted Amiri who no one else would dare let play especially since his missed penalty against Iraq.

Yesterday he may just have had a day where everything just went wrong. Everyone can have these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEDREAM View Post
            what did the guy do?
            Nothing ... really...!!

and there in lies the problem..!!

TBF, poor guy was brought on after we had already gone up 2-0 and Carlos had pulled back the troops and had decided to preserve the result..! Still he had a decent chance on a breakaway mostly orchestrated by Dejagha and failed to make a simple tap pass to Ashkan that woulda sent him into box 1v1 with keeper..!!
            but more annoyingly for me was coming in with fresh legs, him not Hustling defensively and pressuring the ball early near the half-line, like Reza was doing up until the last minute before getting replaced by Karim..!!

playing with this guy in TM is often like playing with a man down, as he gets overwhelmed..? lost in scheme of play and disappears from the action..

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
              He serves the national team, went to Europe for a shitty salary, and gives it his best in every game, both at club and international level. I guess that's not enough for the average PFDC forum member.
              Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
              I would say that CQ has a reason for trusting him. Just like he trusted Amiri who no one else would dare let play especially since his missed penalty against Iraq.

Yesterday he may just have had a day where everything just went wrong. Everyone can have these days.
              i think the bold in above post is the biggest reason why he got call up to AC and these Friendly games.!!
              and off course, the fact that CQ simply isnt all too fond of breaking in New players (cause it takes him a long while to teach them his complicated tactics, especially his elaborately Organized Team Defensive tactics, & may be because IFF hasnt really been able to provide CQ with his desired number of training camps and test games..?? )
              add to that the fact that CQ highly values his selection's Royalty to him and dedication to his TM program and rewards them accordingly..!! see, difference between Khalatbari and Beikzadeh..!!

The Problem with that approach is that both CQ and Karim open themselves to very fair criticism directed at both of them in this thread..!

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                Poor guy, I feel bad for him. He destroyed his career by staying in Iran 2 extra years.. He could've been a beast if he left for Europe right after Saipa.. He right now also has self esteem issues, which is a big problem for strikers, and it gets worse and worse by every game that passes unless he scores.
                That sums it up pretty good. I fully agree.
                Those 2 years killed him.
                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  We have not one, but several strikers who deserve his place. Hassanzadeh, Sharifi, Shahbazzadeh, Kaveh Rezaei, Motahari, Taromi. Karim is unfortunately not TM material at least for the time being.
                  Karim has proven he can be a solid player. But it's also ok to admit you don't fit in this system or just don't sync well with your teammates. He appears to be out of rhythm, slow on the ball and very reactionary to every pass or buildup as if he wasn't expecting the ball or play to go the way he thought. Rarely is he in the right place at the right time. I donno what he can do to fix this, but some time away from TM pressures might help him.
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Should Ansarifard stay in TM?

Ansarifard's situation is similar to Havenaar from Japan, he was a good striker and promising for his club but he couldn't deliver at NT level. Now, he is pretty much irrelevant on both club and NT stage.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Karim has proven he can be a solid player. But it's also ok to admit you don't fit in this system or just don't sync well with your teammates. He appears to be out of rhythm, slow on the ball and very reactionary to every pass or buildup as if he wasn't expecting the ball or play to go the way he thought. Rarely is he in the right place at the right time. I donno what he can do to fix this, but some time away from TM pressures might help him.
                      He needs to get out of Osasuna. It's certainly not doing wonders for his self-confidence sitting on the bench for such a shitty team. It's never good to be a bench-warmer but it's so much worse to sit there while some crappy player's taking your spot. That Cedrick guy has been horrendous in the few games that I watched.

Comment

Working...
                      X