I met CQ tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met CQ tonight!

Earlier tonight, I just drove together with my son to the Hotel that TM are staying which is pretty close to my home hoping to meet some of the players since I missed today's training. However, I arrived 20:30 local time and the team was obviously just finished with the dinner. The only player that was there was Gucci, who was sitting with some guy from IFF and talking. I just stepped close to their table said hi and he stod up very gently and asked if we would like to take a photo. I said yes, my son would love to and so I took a photo of him together with my son. I asked him how things have been so far and he said everything is good and Inshalla we do our best on Tuesday and I wished him good luck.

At the same time, i saw the whole staff sitting around another table discussing so I went back to the lobby again. Then I saw CQ coming alone from the Restaurant so I went to him, we shook hands first and then I asked if we could take some pictures. He was extremely nice, began to shake hands with my little son (he's 9), talked to him, ask him his name and so on. Then we went back to the lobby where there were some others who wanted to take photos with him and he took pictures with everyone. When I later saw that he was alone we went back to him and asked if he had time to talk for a while and he said absolutely. We stood and talked for over 20 minutes about everything. He was very honest and down to earth. I pointed out how well liked he was by so many and that people want him to continue with as head coach. He said he loves Iran, its people and would love to work, but he complained about the new admistrationen at IFF. That said, we talked about a lot. We talked about the Swedish national team, (I have a colleague whose brother is regular defenders in the Swedish national team)

I also told him about Persianfootball.com and asked him if he's heard about the website and he said OH YES . He also said that earlier he has met som other members from here.

I have always had great respect for this man but tonight I got it just further confirmed how fortunate we are to have a star coach, so nice and down to earth, such a gentleman.

I also had time to talk some with his translator, in addition to a man who was employed by the sports ministry, which according to him was the link between the IFF and Sports Ministry and he said a lot too. Even asked him about CQ will leave or stay and he said that nothing is confirmed.

Last edited by Essi; 03-28-2015, 02:42 PM.

Essi thank you for sharing your experiance with us, I hope you took his number to do an interview on behalf of PFDC

Comment

That was lovely to read. Thnx 4 sharing.
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I met CQ tonight!

Thank you alot Essi jan, I really appreciate you want to share your story with us. I envy you, I wish I could meet CQ one day.

Comment

Comment

You welcome guys, as said, we talked a lot, almost 20 minutes I can't tell you everything so I just tried to summarise and I tell you guys, this man loves to stay and work with our boys. I'm really honoured to have had an opportunity to have a private chat with a man who has been head coach for Real Madrid, Portugal and alsto coaching with Alex Ferguson.

Earlier today, my friend and my nephews attended their training. They said that the team spirit they saw today was at highest level. Our boys seemed very happy and motivated. I will try to attend the training session tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, shame we are losing him
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Lol I was one of the 2 guys standing behind to you when you were talking with CQ

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  Lol I was one of the 2 guys standing behind to you when you were talking with CQ
                  LOL, yeah? I noticed two guys just standing and waiting and got a guilty conscience but then I thought, what the hell, I will most probably never get such chance again

At least I have witness that can confirm how much of his time I took

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                    LOL, yeah? I noticed two guys just standing and waiting and got a guilty conscience but then I thought, what the hell, I will most probably never get such chance again :d
                    At least I have witness that can confirm how much of his time I took
                    Haha yeah, one of them was me, other one was PSgman19
                    Looked like CQ was trying to recruit your son to TM

Comment

Haha yes indeed. He asked him a lot, since I told him that my son has been playing football in AIK since he was 6 then he asked him, what position, which foot he use and so on. Damn, and my son is so shy as you might have noticed. Hey behest goftam pessar kam khejalat bekesh dige azin mogheiata giret named

Comment

The thought of this, and losing this hero/king/saviour is bringing tears to my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          Haha yes indeed. He asked him a lot, since I told him that my son has been playing football in AIK since he was 6 then he asked him, what position, which foot he use and so on. Damn, and my son is so shy as you might have noticed. Hey behest goftam pessar kam khejalat bekesh dige azin mogheiata giret named
                          Lol yeah, I noticed when CQ was making shot/pass movements with his foot when talking to your son.
                          you took all of his time, I just said hi and how much we appriciate u etc yesterday and today to him, I wanted to exchange a few more words, but didn't really get that far cause he said that he had to hurry to a meeting after you were done with him

Comment

I met CQ tonight!

I have a very big feeling that CQ will stay with us after all.

I don't know what is it, but everything is wide open now and there is a good chance he might change his mind and stay with us till 2018.

I will stay optimistic till the last moment.

Comment

Sharmande Kamran Jan

By the way regarding meeting, yes while I was talking to his translator, he got some phone call and immediately he said to the other person, "tell him I will bring the Laptop asap". I asked both Carlos and his translator if they watched the game last night when Sweden played and he said yes, everybody watched and we are analysing the game. What Carlos said during our conversation was that the only concern about this game is that Swedish players are very strong in the air and we might face some problem (Depending if Zlatan plays).

Comment

Working...
                              X