I met CQ tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Well....finally I also got to meet CQ tonight!!!

What a nice experience!

Me and a friend went to their hotel. yes there were guards! There were a lot of Iranians already waiting outside but as time passed, the crowd got more and more packed!! Ando came for a short while and took pictures with the fans and then Beiravand came out, taking pictures (I never realized how tall Beiravand really was by the way). After 1 or 2 hours, they let us in to wait for the players in the lobby as they were gonna come out and eat their dinner. CQ had already left to this meeting so we were waiting for the players. They told us, the ones who choose to meet people, they will come out our way and the others who don't choose it, they will go from a back door. So after a while some of the players came out (Nekounam, Gucci, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Omid Ebrahimi, Jalal Hosseini, Pejman Montazeri, Amir Hossein Sadeghi, Masoud Shojaei and Khosro Heydari) and people jumped on them right away! The poor players had to take pictures with every single fan who wanted it. They were more or less squeezed by the crowed!! It took quite a good while for the players to be able to finally reach the restaurant. Apparently from what I heard later from the organizers, CQ was furious at them for this and yelled at them like crazy! They said right now he's so angry at us for letting so many people in around the players, that they couldn't even get close to him.

Meanwhile I met and talked to the 2 most humble and nicest TM members among the whole gang:

The first one was Markar Aghajanian!!! What a humble and nice guy! I talked to him for a good while and he really spent time and discussed some things with me and answered my many questions. I asked him weather he thought he gained some good experience during this time with CQ and had learned a lot. He said it has been like going through a complete university education and finishing your PhD afterwards. He said I can't even describe how much I have learned from him. I asked him do you think if it's really a done deal with CQ quitting. and he said yes, totally. I asked him but there isn't even a small chance? He said there is 1% chance and that is if the people up there in the federation would tell him from now on we will open the way for you just as you want it and let you work freely. But he said the fact is, this guy in the federation just told him right into his face: "I don't think you (CQ) are capable of handling TM and so far your results haven't been impressive at all! You haven't done anything special for TM", he told him right into his face! then Aghajanian said, even now for the Chile game, no one from the federation even picked up the phone to tell us good luck! and after the game, no one... not even one person called us to congratulate us for the win. I asked him not even Kafashian?? He said no!

I also asked him if, with the experience he's gotten from CQ, he could coach a team in IPL. He said, he would like to but to coach IPL teams there are "ways" that you have to be part of. I asked him, are you part of those "ways"? He shook his head and said we'll see what happens.

The second nicest TM member in no particular order was Sosha Makani! This guy was so polite, humble and nice that from the early evening to late night at the hotel, he spend all his times with people and his fans. He took pictures with them, talked to them and signed autographs. I approached him and asked him: "I guess just like all other players you like CQ too". He nodded and said, there is no explanation about CQ! Everybody know about him. I asked him about CQ quitting but surprisingly he said, we will try to keep him! Nothing is definite yet!!! I asked him but everyone say it's definite??!! He thought a bit but didn't say anything!

Among the other nice players to mention I have to name Masoud and Heydari! They were so to say, not "damagh bala" as some of the others.

So most people went home after that and some of us still remained to meet CQ! of course most of the remaining crowed (specially the girls) were mostly after taking pictures together with Haghighi. The guy came out of the CQ meeting room and suddenly the 10-20 remaining crowed started to shout out his name in excitement. When he saw the crowed, he escaped back and closed the door. LOL Later I saw him walking fastly into the hallway from the back door and going away. The disappointed crowd waited for CQ and in the end, Markar Aghajanian came out and told us we could go in the meeting room 3 by 3 to take pictures with him. So me and my friend went in. I shook hands with him and told him everyone are devastated that you are quitting. He humbly smiled, nodded his head as a sign of appreciation and said thank you. I told him of course nobody blames you and they blame "the people up there", but I have to tell you that if there is even a smallest chance that a small way opens up and the people up there would let you work freely, please reconsider to stay! Again he nodded his head as a sign of "ok" and appreciation and said thank you.

All in all, what an experience! Damesh garm for accepting so many people to take pictures with him. and my all in all feeling after tonight was..... nothing is sure yet and everything depends on the idiots at the federation and how they will behave after the Sweden game. All I know is, if we have an acceptable result tomorrow, there will be a huge pressure on IFF to keep him!
    thanks for sharing.regarding the bolded parts:

-federation kept bugging cq about an iranian assistant coach but he did have markar aghajanian all along. i hope this opens some doors for markar i know people with a lot less experience have gotten chances at coaching, why not aghajanian?

-the way assadi spoke to cq is downright unprofessional and un-iranian if you ask me. to do a performance evaluation is one thing but to talk like this is absolutely unacceptable. even the most staunch of cq critics and even bashers will agree that he did a lot for tm and at the very least should be respected for his efforts if not for being tm coach only. we are unfortunately khosh esteghbal and bad badraghe and we destroy the bridge unfortunately. vaghean khastegi be tanesh moond ba in joor raftar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
      I love these stories, gives more insight into all the players.

Everyone knows Masoud is an absolute gentleman, every story I have heard about someone meeting him has always been full of positives.

Nice to know Sosha seems like a good guy too. Most people here think he is some sort of troublemaker due to one incident like 4 years ago. From what I have seen though (never talked to him, only seen him in person) he seems like a good kid.

As for CQ, there are so many different people saying different things about him staying or leaving, I think its really up in the air at this point. Tomorrow's game could shift things a lot in either way.
      of course Soosha is a nice guy, he is from Anzali baba :-)
      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Asadi was basically given the job to get rid of CQ as CQ has become more influental and loved than the Rahbar himself....

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post

The first one was Markar Aghajanian!!! What a humble and nice guy! I talked to him for a good while and he really spent time and discussed some things with me and answered my many questions. I asked him whether he thought he gained some good experience during this time with CQ and had learned a lot. He said it has been like going through a complete university education and finishing your PhD afterwards. He said I can't even describe how much I have learned from him. I asked him do you think if it's really a done deal with CQ quitting. and he said yes, totally. I asked him but there isn't even a small chance? He said there is 1% chance and that is if the people up there in the federation would tell him from now on we will open the way for you just as you want it and let you work freely. But he said the fact is, this guy in the federation just told him right into his face: "I don't think you (CQ) are capable of handling TM and so far your results haven't been impressive at all! You haven't done anything special for TM", he told him right into his face! then Aghajanian said, even now for the Chile game, no one from the federation even picked up the phone to tell us good luck! and after the game, no one... not even one person called us to congratulate us for the win. I asked him not even Kafashian?? He said no!

which hairy ass moron of the federation was that???

well, that confirms it for me, that CQ is gone now!
          I had some hope, that after they return they will still try to talk and find common grounds, but now, even if I was CQ I want to leave. I wouldnt want to work with these morons!!!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Well by reading Sly,s post if I had even a %10 hope of CQ staying , now I don't have any ��
            Dddmmmmaaammmnnn 

Comment

I met CQ tonight!

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
              Haha no worries man, we would all take all of the time to talk to CQ
              I hope we can convince him to stay though, and he seemed to be in a much better mood today than yesterday, they warned us at the hotel yesterday that he is very very angry..
              Just go over and tell him arseces (arsalan) wants you to stay, and if he says who is arseces tell him its a guy that used to be your biggest critic on PFDC

Also kindly Tell him to reconsider attacking football for atleast 15 minutes each game this way we dont look like greece on steroids
              Just open your mobile phone have him read my post

Ola Carlos , Obrigado por ganhar e Chile.
              Ficar!

Comment

CQ is everything that that cancerous IFF is not at a premium. well worth it too!!

Comment

First off thanks to all of you who have taken the time to go give TM your support in Sweden and make them feel welcomed and loved, that is something I love about our fans...wherever we go we always have fans like you guys who are doing everything in your power to meet and greet them, khaste nabashin.

I hope we can get a good result against Sweden, seems like the result could be decisive. Also the fact that so many of u guys have been in his ear letting him know how loved and appreciated he is by fans is priceless, dametoon shadidan garm.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

at the people who kept saying Sosha was a punk

Comment

*** edited ***

KEEP IT CLEAN! AND NO DEATH WISHES TO ANYONE ON OUR SIDE.
                      ONCE MORE WARNED!

Okay, I hope that thug Asadi and his Hezbollahi basij akhond gang gets slapped silly with some koobideh very soon. Is this virgin enough for you?
                      *And btw, "site", not "side"...

Comment

The one thing that stands out and impresses me about CQ (and there are many) is his professionalism. He is an amazing individual.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          *** edited ***

KEEP IT CLEAN! AND NO DEATH WISHES TO ANYONE ON OUR SIDE.
                          ONCE MORE WARNED!

Okay, I hope that thug Asadi and his Hezbollahi basij akhond gang gets slapped silly with some koobideh very soon. Is this virgin enough for you?
                          *And btw, "site", not "side"...
                          Abtin jan, why do you fosh so much! we all are sad that CQ might be leaving us but lots of kids visit this site as guests.. so lets keep it pg 13 brother.

Comment

Wish there is a flag/sign in support/honor of CQ in the stadium today.... god forbid he don't come back..

Comment

Great story man. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X