We missed Azmoun & Jahanbakhsh today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We missed Azmoun & Jahanbakhsh today

As someone who was for having them with team Omid, I must say looking back at the situation I think it would have been far more beneficial to have them with TM given that the results would have more or less been the same but the experience of being with TM would have benefited them more.

I think today when dejagah wasn't looking too solid and reza wasn't able to create much on his own they would have been prime candidates to come on early in the second half and could have changed the game (although I believe we played very well in the second half regardless).

If CQ does wind up leaving which it looks like he likely will.....this whole ordeal of not having JB and Azmoun was one giant screw up by IFF yet again. Wish they would've been there.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

i agree azmoun could have helped alot, he had the height,speed,gucci did his best, but we need another good forward like azmoun,jahanbaksh also was missed today alot

Comment

But without Azmoun and ARJ Team Melli would almost certainly have no chance of qualifying for the Olympic qualification. As it likely stands it seems like their inclusion will help Iran go through as the best second place team...I am not sure how much Azmoun or Jahanbakhsh would have helped against Sweden today.
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        But without Azmoun and ARJ Team Melli would almost certainly have no chance of qualifying for the Olympic qualification. As it likely stands it seems like their inclusion will help Iran go through as the best second place team...I am not sure how much Azmoun or Jahanbakhsh would have helped against Sweden today.
        we scored 15 goals in the Olympic qualifiers. only 3 of the goals were scored by azmoun. im 100% sure with or without we would of advanced as the best second places team since most members said without the two we would lose to saudi...which we ended up losing anyways.

Comment

JB could replace Ashkan but Gucci was ok. Azmoun could not help against large swedish players.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
            we scored 15 goals in the Olympic qualifiers. only 3 of the goals were scored by azmoun. im 100% sure with or without we would of advanced as the best second places team since most members said without the two we would lose to saudi...which we ended up losing anyways.
            4 scored by Azmoun...and Azmoun and ARJ were heavily involved in other goals and plays. Without their contribution, this team with its relatively limited game plan had little chance. Remember these guys not too long ago lost to Vietnam 4-1...

Comment

4 scored by Azmoun...and Azmoun and ARJ were heavily involved in other goals and plays. Without their contribution, this team with its relatively limited game plan had little chance. Remember these guys not too long ago lost to Vietnam 4-1...
              You think that if they were not there, we should just cancel out all the goals they were involved in to get the results without them? Don't you think their replacements would score/assist anything?

Comment

with all due respect, i dont agree. we would have won our first 3 games with or without the two . we have other talented players in our team omid who could of scored if they were in Azmoun and Jb's spot. total different case in TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  You think that if they were not there, we should just cancel out all the goals they were involved in to get the results without them? Don't you think their replacements would score/assist anything?
                  Didn't you get the memo? TM Omid is nothing without non-IPL based players. It is only for the senior TM that IPL players become under-appreciated. It is a complex scenario really, if CQ relies on non-IPL players he is insulting Iranians and under valuing Iranian talent but in TM Omid case it is other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

I made a poll about this matter a month or so ago and I myself voted for them being with TM rather than the olympics cause they would have gained invaluable experience.

With the olympic team we beat Nepal, Afghanistan and Palestina and lose to SA, results that we would most definitely have got anyway without the duo in metion. I mean they wanted to have these two kids especially for the Saudi Arabia match which they ended up losing anyway!! And talk about bad strategy by Khakpour and co. for that match!!!
                    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                    >-----------------<
                    Marg bar dictator
                    >-----------------<

Comment

Its true we did miss them and their place with tm omid was pretty unnecessary. But still there was no reason why CQ shouldnt have called up young ipl players like sharifi, taromi, alishah, rezaei, to replace them. The team was too old and it showed.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                        Its true we did miss them and their place with tm omid was pretty unnecessary. But still there was no reason why CQ shouldnt have called up young ipl players like sharifi, taromi, alishah, rezaei, to replace them. The team was too old and it showed.
                        But IPL is crap, if it was any good TM Omid wouldn't need SA and ARJ. This is fun.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                          All what ifs and has beens...fact of the matter is they qualified as the second best team with both in the lineup and only lost to KSA 2-1...their healthy goal margin helped them out as being a second best team...have you watch the matches? They had and have no game plan, god knows if these two professionals were not their how things would have changed...we can only speculate. It's like me asking you, do you think they would have stopped Zlatan or Azmoun would have been better than Gucci? Who knows...but the stakes for a friendly are far less than TM Omid potentially making it to the olympics something Iran hasn't done in a long time. If we want to talk youth development, Iran going to the olympics outweighs two players getting great experience while the others twittle their thumbs. Klinsman even found it important for NT players eligible for the olympic squad to split time between both teams...and where possible or stakes are equal, they join the senior mens team.

Comment

All what ifs and has beens...fact of the matter is they qualified as the second best team with both in the lineup and only lost to KSA 2-1...their healthy goal margin helped them out as being a second best team...have you watch the matches? They had and have no game plan, god knows if these two professionals were not their how things would have changed...we can only speculate. It's like me asking you, do you think they would have stopped Zlatan or Azmoun would have been better than Gucci? Who knows...but the stakes for a friendly are far less than TM Omid potentially making it to the olympics something Iran hasn't done in a long time. If we want to talk youth development, Iran going to the olympics outweighs two players getting great experience while the others twittle their thumbs. Klinsman even found it important for NT players eligible for the olympic squad to split time between both teams...and where possible or stakes are equal, they join the senior mens team.
                            youth development is very important! 100% spot on. can you answer this question genuinely ? did it seem to you that Azmoun was Unmotivated and wasnt really trying his best? because thats what i was getting from him. he really didnt care if he finished it or not. he was playing like how u play at a practice scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                              youth development is very important! 100% spot on. can you answer this question genuinely ? did it seem to you that Azmoun was Unmotivated and wasnt really trying his best? because thats what i was getting from him. he really didnt care if he finished it or not. he was playing like how u play at a practice scrimmage.
                              Of course...but part of development is listening to the coach and sticking to the plan. Young kids with too much ppwer or say is not a good thing either. Does it suck of course...but TM omid needed his talents and his 4 goals and assists were critical. He prob reacted the same way when rubin transfered him. Do we want a team of leaders or boys with a sense of entitlement...do you want Rahmati or Bieranvand? Hajsafi or Teymourian.

Nothing in the world of professional spprts is handed to you, it's earned...this is what Klinsman has done for US youth program...before him guys lile Freddy Edu were given automatic inclusion into NT now look where Edu is...since Klinsman took over young stars like Green earn their spot and help all levels they are eligible to do so...

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X