CQ's tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ's tactics

I just wanted to see if others saw the same thing I saw today. Our counter attacking was completely neutralized by the Sweden formation. They were able to use the full width of their pitch to maintain possession. CQ made no tactical adjustments and let the game go as he planned it before the game. Throughout his entire time with team melli he is utilized a 4-2-3-1 and has never made in-game adjustments. If this ends up being his last game as our manager it demonstrates CQ's major weakness. He does not adjustment or make necessary changes in-game.

Sweden used a 3-5-2:
    352formation.jpg

We used our usual 4-2-3-1
    4-2-3-1_Formation1.png

That's a 4-4-2 diamond brother...

Comment

CQ is a great coach but I agree this game showed his main flaw. He seems to play this same style agaisnt every team and whenever we get scored on first its game over. Just because it worked agaisnt argentina doesnt mean it will work against bosnia, same thing as just because it worked agaisnt chile doesnt mean it will work agaisnt sweden.

Comment

1. Dont get scored on.
        2. Try to score on counter-attacks/Corners and free kicks.

Its glorious when it works and we win but when we gets scored on first the team falls apart and we look terrible for rest of the game. If only he could implement a "Plan B" or something of that source because when your down, you cant be too optimistic winning the game over counter attacks and free kicks/corners. Not with our team at least because we are not that experienced. When asked about his "Plan B" he admitted not having one and made European teams an example basically saying you have to have 100% faith in your style and tactics. Guess it doesn't matter anymore since he is gone. I'm worried as to how long it will take before our guys can play another style.

Comment

I also got the feeling that Sweden tactically beat us, they pretty much did everything we didn't want to happen.

Comment

He changed the formation second half.
            Thought it was obvious to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedram123 View Post
              He changed the formation second half.
              Thought it was obvious to see.
              I saw no difference. He pushed the players higher up field but stuck to the formation. Unfortunately 4-2-3-1 has never been useful offensively with CQ. Every time our opposition has scored first we scramble to score and end up getting more goals scored against.

Every game no matter the opposition he used 4-2-3-1 counter attacking. It either works or it's a failure. He was out coached today, simple as that.

Comment

First half was a 4-1-3-2 or a skewed 4-3-3 IMHO similar to the Chile game with Ashkan playing the same role as he would in a 4-2-3-1 and Nekou playing slightly behind the other midfielders . The formation worked well for us in both games, but obviously exposed some weaknesses in our defense in this game which need to be addressed in lieu of a more offensive formation.

Second half, Sweden was playing very disciplined and tight at the back and reverting back to the 4-2-3-1 with Gucci as the only target man upfront with not enough long balls, left us a little short-handed offensively.

I think if we stayed with the same formation and same level of pressing and matched Sweden's substitutions to keep the legs fresh, we may have found our way back into the game.

But overall, I think it was nice to experiment a little bit and that's what friendlies are for. It would have been great to end two for two, but I don't think anyone should be upset with today's performance.

Comment

There's more to football tactics than formations. To say he has never made 'in-game adjustments' is the sort of rubbish one doesn't need to hear.

The 4-2-3-1 is a very versatile formation as it can be quickly altered into a conservative 4-5-1, as we did in much of the world cup, particularly when without the ball. We weren't tactically outplayed against Sweden, we just didn't have the best of days and still held our own against a superior level of opposition.

Still, it's done now, no longer will we need to endure such weaknesses. Our new saviour will bring up the pause screen every 10 minutes and alter formations to tactically embarrass these lesser nations.

Comment

You have consider that changing tactics in the middle of the game is not as easy as moving a player here and there. You need a team and players who can adopt to the change. Sorry to say this but our players aren't really at the caliber that some of you think they are. CQ knew what he is doing and I think he did a good job. We were scored on because we lost the battle in the air and that was expected. This Swedish team isn't a walk in a park. Take a look at how they tormented top European teams like England scoring three times on them too. If Sweden didn't have the home advantage, we could have done better.

Overall, I am very content with what I saw today... Iran looked good and did not throw its towel in at all .. fought to the last minute.

Bravo CQ and Bravo TM players .. well done!

Comment

Its all talk now as its upto an Iranian coach to fix these issues going forward... .CQ is gone!.....

Comment

Working...
                      X