No announcement yet.

Iranians in the A-League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Trash compared to European leagues and other leagues in South America. But not in Asia.

Before these players go to Europe that have to start from somewhere and prove their worth.

As I mentioned before there is a considerable amount of world sporting exposure on Australia, and the country is politically and socially well connected with Europe, unlike Iran. Quite a few European scouts come to Australia to observe potential players.

Comment

I would like to see iranians play in all professional leagues worldwide, so yes.

Comment

I would love it if you gave me an example of a player who went from A league to a good league.

A league doesnt have good coverage outside of australia, they play trash football and no they arent as good as other asian leagues in terms of football and development.

Comment

The probability of Iranians moving to Australia for football is close to 0 anyways. Our players are usually determined to opt for development and go to Europe (any European league is better than the A-League, even half-decent 2nd divisions), or they go after money which in this case they prefer being close to Iran and go to Qatar/PG Leagues. There is absolutely 0 benefits to going to Australia, or China (which unfortunately PAG did), and again I do not buy that these leagues will send our players to Europe. It would be a wrong move for me, and I hope it's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
            I would love it if you gave me an example of a player who went from A league to a good league.

A league doesnt have good coverage outside of australia, they play trash football and no they arent as good as other asian leagues in terms of football and development.
            Most of the Australian team are currently playing in teams in Europe, and most of them went through the A-league. For example Matt Ryan is now playing as 1st GK for Club Brugge who at the moment just won the Belgian Cup and are leading the Belgian league and are currently in the Europa league quarter finals. And he used to play in the A-league. Same for Robbie Kruse he went from playing for the Central Coast Mariners and is now playing for Bayer Leverkussen. Same for Mile Jedinak and others.

Did you know just late year the Western Sydney Wanderers won the ACL, defeating Chinese, Korean and Japanese clubs in the process? Your under rating the league. A quarter of the Australian Asian Cup squad were playing for A-league teams and were crucial in Australia's matches.

The A-league is constantly developing and improving and there is great potential in the future and a lot of money as ArminSh and Kami Kakashi similarly mentioned is being poured into the league.

The players have to somehow prove their worth and quality before top-division European clubs can find any potential in them.

I am just saying there is a possibility in the future for Iranian players in this league.

Comment

Comment

it
                Originally posted by Mir Javad View Post
                Yes I have heard of Tehrangeles and the great number of Iranians in California.

IR would probably put pressure and restrictions on Iranian players not to play in the US, like they did with Nekounam when he was about to join a club in the UAE. Politics will make it hard for MLS clubs to bring Iranian players and visa issues.

I am not saying MLS is bad, it has become quite a quality league but I don't think Iranian players will not be that profitable and worth it for the MLS clubs. Maybe Iranian Americans ?
                There were some of such players such as Eskandarian or Namazi but also Iranians who were raised in Iran and were TM players such as Azizi, Khakpour and Noamouz. Noamouz used to say that he constantly had to give away his free tickets to Iranians so there definitely was a market for Iranian players.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Aims of Eastern Leagues, A-League, J-League CSL etc, is to become best League of Asia, In early years, the best League of East Asia, in terms of quality is the K-League, now the K-League is losing it's best players, both foreigners and Domestic players, to other Leagues especially China, the Chinese League committe is talking about change the CSL's foreigner policy, from currentlly 4+1 to 3+2 or 4+2, so that clubs may fetch in more players from AFC countries and help to improve the Leagues' prestige cross Asia
                  I am Tigersandys
                  Forza Guo'an
                  加油!国安队!

Comment

Most of the Australian team are currently playing in teams in Europe, and most of them went through the A-league. For example Matt Ryan is now playing as 1st GK for Club Brugge who at the moment just won the Belgian Cup and are leading the Belgian league and are currently in the Europa league quarter finals. And he used to play in the A-league. Same for Robbie Kruse he went from playing for the Central Coast Mariners and is now playing for Bayer Leverkussen. Same for Mile Jedinak and others.

Did you know just late year the Western Sydney Wanderers won the ACL, defeating Chinese, Korean and Japanese clubs in the process? Your under rating the league. A quarter of the Australian Asian Cup squad were playing for A-league teams and were crucial in Australia's matches.

The A-league is constantly developing and improving and there is great potential in the future and a lot of money as ArminSh and Kami Kakashi similarly mentioned is being poured into the league.

The players have to somehow prove their worth and quality before top-division European clubs can find any potential in them.

I am just saying there is a possibility in the future for Iranian players in this league.
                    First off, just thanks for discussig this so civil like instead of what usually happens on these forums and people take disagreement personally. I appreciate it.

Now to A league.

The ACL was won by parking the bus (and no not disciplined defense) not good football. They didn't win it deservingly.

Now to Kruse. He was almost certainly scouted from the national team than the A league. Outside of Australia no one really pays attention to the A league. It really is a terrible league (in terms of football and development not finances)

Players in Iran have almost the same chance being scouted in their clubs from Iran than they do from Australia. It would be just as easy for them to go to a low european league an get scouted there.

Comment

Iranians in the A-League?

A-League is one of the better Asian ones. So I would take it over Qatar any day.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Yeah the a-league, along with the domestic Japanese and South Korean leagues, are the only ones in Asia that are actually making a profit.

We have a salary cap, so unlike Perspolis were aren't in massive debts all the time due to huge salaries.

I call the league a success, due to the fact that it consistently sends 6-7 Australian players to prominent european leagues each season
                        And if they were in Iran's political situation, they wouldn't have. It isn't as simple as you think, there is a lot more than just skill that are involved in transfers. Any politically open/stable country with good connections, regardless of the quality of their league, will market their players in Europe. And as the guy before me said most of these names are Australian national team players (and some from the WC squad if Im not mistaking) that got most probably noticed in their national team games, against quality oppositions in friendlies, in the World cup and in the asian cup.

Comment

Let's clear two things up.

Iranian players have played in the MLS, in fact one plays right now.

Nekounam went to Spain from the UAE. So it can be done.

Teymourian went to the EPL from Aboomoslem

Jahanbakhsh went to Eredivise from Damash

Ezzatollahi went to Spain from Malavan.

If we go back further

Hashemian went to Hamburg from PAS!

So it's not the league in which you play, it is the player itself.
                          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Hopefully, with the news just being released that the Iranian nuclear deal was reached, sanctions on Iran will be lessened and the top Euro countries will again have access to Iran. Being an international pariah has harmed Iranian football and the players a lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X