CQ press conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
    I agree 100% except for the part about privatization. In the past, teams that went private in Iran ended up being bankrupt or get relegated multiple times.
    Yes likely because there was no checks and balances...salaries get swallowed, money is miss-spent and miss-managed...unfortunately we have this problem in our football called corruption.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Yes likely because there was no checks and balances...salaries get swallowed, money is miss-spent and miss-managed...unfortunately we have this problem in our football called corruption.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
      There are clean people who take over teams with the true intention of making it succeed.
      The only problem is that Iranian clubs don't make any money.
      Professional clubs make most of their money through TV rights, Sponsorship, Ticket Sales.

Well in Iran there is no such thing as TV rights and ticker sales, and sponsors usually give checks that eventually bounce lol.

So after a few seasons the owner realizes that they're just spending money from their pocket and not really making anything. Then they just let go and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        Here's the good news:

It looks like all the news organizations in Iran released the details of the press conference in stages! I guess everyone wanted to get a jump on it, but reporting bits and pieces really killed the essence of CQ's message.

When I read the Varzesh 3 article now, it's about 4 times as long as it was this morning when I first checked it out. And I have to say that it leaves a completely different impression.

He clearly says later on that he's not saying that he wants to split from the team, that he's committed to TM and the fans, and wants to do his job in the best way possible and that's going to be difficult under these circumstances.

It looks like the hostage comment was also taken completely out of context by some news organizations. He's saying he's a hostage between the federation and tax office, figuratively, not that he's literally a hostage in Iran!

Overall, he makes a lot of comments about the future and what's going to happen and what he likes to see, which was missing from the earlier releases and suggests he's staying for sure and is committed to TM.

I encourage everyone to read the final version in its entirety. It makes MUCH more sense than it did this morning and I think you'll feel MUCH better about the prospects of CQ staying - although you'll definitely be pissed with IFF (more than before) reading some of the detailed examples he brings up, not to mention that someone called Portuguese people pirates!!!

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/?itemid...A7%D8%B4%D9%85

The only reason he said hostage( and you have to understand that English is NOT his native tongue) is that he wanted to be In Malaysia for the WC 2018 draw instead he is stuck( hostage) in Iran bickerin over basic stuff that any federation, let alone one that owns Asia's #1 ranked team, should provide.... I love him for doing is , as he is the ONLY coach in iran that is demanding IFF actually SPEND some money on infrastructure, proper training fields and a long term plan! no other coach had the care or balls to go head to head with IFF or even the sports ministry ! what he is asking for is something that will help Iranian football long after he is gone!!

CQ- WE LOVE YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
          Privatization can not happens because the clubs' primary source of revenue are from the TV rights. TV rights are never gonna happen cause it's "state owned" vis a vis Khamenei. In the issue of privatization and investments IR is actually the core problem.
          State owned or not, IRIB can and should still pay for that programming like they would with any other program not produced in-house. They would then need to generate revenue through commercials like any other non-subscription media outlet in the world. And the overall shortfall in their annual revenue would be subsidized by the government.

There have been some indications lately that this needs to be done and needs to be done quickly. Behravan (in charge of IPL) just brought this up a couple of days ago that this issue is serious and needs to be resolved quickly, otherwise AFC will deem IPL to be a semi-pro league next year.

Comment

Still waiting for an answer

CQ's mental approach to TM
            1) complain about conditions
            2) bring down expectations before matches and tournaments (Media will help)
            3) Make opponents seem stronger than they really are (Media will help)
            - Good result = CQ is a genius
            - Bad result = IFF is corrupt. No preparation. no clothing etc. etc.

Look there is a pattern here.
            Right now we are at phase 1.

Originally posted by rugs View Post
            Wait, let me get this straight, you think conditions are beyond complaining about?!

Have you ever worked in Iran? When is the last time you saw TM's training ground?
            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

^ What's your questions?
              Have I worked in Iran? How is that even relevant?

When was the last time I saw TM's training ground?
              I haven't seen it in person. But CQ did when he came to Iran in 2011 and signed a 3.5 year contract, then saw it again in 2014 and signed another 4 year contract.
              So he should shut his big mouth and just do his job.

Comment

^ What's your questions?
                Have I worked in Iran? How is that even relevant?

When was the last time I saw TM's training ground?
                I haven't seen it in person. But CQ did when he came to Iran in 2011 and signed a 3.5 year contract, then saw it again in 2014 and signed another 4 year contract.
                So he should shut his big mouth and just do his job.
                Don't worry, it's relevant and i'll tell you why.

My questions are the sentences preceding the question mark sign "?"

You forgot to answer this: Do you think conditions are beyond complaining about?

Comment

Don't worry, it's relevant and i'll tell you why.

My questions are the sentences preceding the question mark sign "?"

You forgot to answer this: Do you think conditions are beyond complaining about?
                  You already got your answer.

Comment

You already got your answer.
                    No I didn't. I asked what you think about the conditions and if they are beyond complaining about?

Comment

No I didn't. I asked what you think about the conditions and if they are beyond complaining about?
                      Funny how he thanked your post but still refused to answer Quite telling.

Comment

Comment

Rasti, Arian DID translate it as hostage (end of this video): http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=14354

Comment

Finally IRI has met their match. Go get 'em Carlos. Give them hell
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

CQ's contract and with the federation has been leaked

It would be great if one of the members who understands legal contracts can translate the important parts of it

http://90tv.ir/news/86599/%DA%AF%D8%...A7%D8%B3%D8%AA

Comment

The main bit of the contract that caught my eye was CQ's involvement in youth depends on IFF request. It is not a proactive arrangement and IFF needs to ask him (e.g. We have a training session in TM CAMP for U19. IFF needs to ask CQ to attend and observe or guide)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Working...
                                X