Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are three players that you would like to see join TM at the beginning of the WCQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been impressed with Taremi and k. Rezaei recently
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      I said everything that needed to be said, but I quickly will sum it up for you, for the nth time.

No, he does not play for Atletico Madrid, he plays for Atletico Madrid U19 against teenagers, has almost never experienced pro football against grown ups except couple of minutes in IPL games. Everyone is excited that he wears a red and white stripped Nike shirt, I get it, I am hopeful for him as well and look forward to his future, but there is no way at all he would be even an option at this point yet. Most of you want to accelerate his growth out of excitement when he still has an awful lot to do to reach even a simple call-up, let alone being a starter.

I can currently name 5-10 players that are under 23 in that same position that are a level above Saeid, and I'm sure CQ would be able to do so as well. On the bright side he is in good hands, will develop much faster than other young Iranians and his time will come, probably in 1-2 years, but definitely not now.

You mention Azmoun, great example, just that you used it completely wrong. He was a starter for Rubin in one of the best leagues in Europe but still didn't get a call-up until he was 20. Was he a "random U19 english fourth division player" before he gets called up to TM? No, exactly, and the same applies to Saeid.

You earn your call-up, TM is not khooneye naneh. Neither Sardar was called up because he was a decoration in Europe, nor Jahanbakhsh; both earned their positions with TM by playing well in decent leagues and the same applies and was always applied to everyone.
      Calling him up now would be the most foolish thing ever as not only is he not ready, but it would be useless interruptions of his club games and development to come and sit on a bench. Who loses here? Both TM and Saeid. His first tasks for now should be trying to use his situation in Spain the best possible, play regularly, try to get into TM olympics first, sign with a pro team, impress there and only then get a call-up.
      I agree and I would add this :

Ezza should stay away from TM the next two years (except crucial fixture where he is very needed). He should stay as many possible close to spanish football during his Atletico (try to get a spanish passport too to help his EU career), become the more spanish possible in his football and delete all the iranian flaws IPL players generally have.

I think the day he will return to TM after this long break with iranian football, he would have an immediate impact for TM, like Dejagah, Gucci and Azmun did.

We should promote someone else during that time to add depth to our squad.

Comment

Working...
      X