No announcement yet.

CQ Stats in TM vs other TM Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before, CQ has been relatively the same as all our other coaches. He's defensive minded just like his predecessors. I mean, when 7 out of the 10 most capped players for a national team are defensive midfielders and defenders, it pretty much says it all.

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1429347129428.jpg

Comment

Some other records with CQ at the helm

+ first clean sheet in World Cup history
        + for the first time we got a point against a team that actually made it to the round of 16
        + it took 182 minutes to score against us at the WC, only 2 teams were better (Mexico, Nigeria)

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
          This is pretty much an exact replication to the thread made on CQ's coaching results in RM, but in regards to TM.
          As you can clearly see, he has not done anything outstanding as some claim
          [ATTACH]15825[/ATTACH]
          The typical counter to this will be that CQ took us to the WC. Yes, but just like always in came right down to the wire and lets be honest we got very lucky.
          In 2002 and 2010 luck was not in our favor but in 1998 and 2014 it was.
          You know what they say right? Stats don't lie but they don't tell the full truth either.
          Have you ever considered the players ivankovic and other coaches have had at their disposal compared to queiroz?
          Branko: hashemian, mahdavikia, zandi, karimi, rezaei (half the squad was based in Europe for years and in relatively good form with top international experience and training)
          Let's not forget andranik , kaebi, and nekounam who all peaked and moved into Europe after the 06 world cup.
          Then you have queiroz who took over this team that was in transition, with next to no international experience. He had to acquire dejagah and gucci near the end of our qualifying campaign just to save our butts and give us that bit of extra quality and experience.
          Queiroz assembled a great squad out of nothing and gave us a style of play that even the world cup finalists struggled with.
          You can't even compare the results of any other coach in the past to that of queiroz.
          Even belozovic(who branko assisted) couldn't get us to the world cup with probably the best squad we ever had (at that point), although many do believe some fishy stuff was going on during those qualifications. Still, belozovic couldn't conjure up a team as organized and disciplined as queiroz did.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
            It's pretty sad that people will bring the team down just to somehow say Queiroz was some magician to take this shit team to the World Cup. Let's be realistic, if ghotbi or daei had Gucci and dejagah, we would have been in the 2010 World Cup.
            Lol let's not turn Dejagah into Messi now, ok buddy? Although i have serious doubts that Daei or Qotbi or any Iranian coach for that matter, with their lack of knowledge of professional football would be able to qualify TM for a world cup even with Lionel Messi in our team.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
              Lol let's not turn Dejagah into Messi now, ok buddy? Although i have serious doubts that Daei or Qotbi or any Iranian coach for that matter, with their lack of knowledge of professional football would be able to qualify TM for a world cup even with Lionel Messi in our team.
              Why are you ignoring Gucci? He took us to the World Cup so I don't see why he wouldn't have been able to do it in 2010 as we'll, seeing as we were only a point away. If ansarifard was the striker I don't think CQ would have been able to do anything.

Comment

Why are you ignoring Gucci? He took us to the World Cup so I don't see why he wouldn't have been able to do it in 2010 as we'll, seeing as we were only a point away. If ansarifard was the striker I don't think CQ would have been able to do anything.
                Gucci is also no Suarez. Let me put it this way, if Ali Daei or Qotbi where in charge, we wouldn't have made it to the world cup. Not to mention it was Carlos Quieroz himself who brought Gucci to TM in the first place. That's because Carlos Queiroz being an actual professional coach had an actual gameplan! While Iranian coaches except for Mansourian, lack vision. No wonder IR is in charge, let's see if we qualify for the world cup if another moron such as GN or Maheli Kohan is in charge. I predict Gucci will look lost and useless, and Dejagah will fail to deliver, why do you think all Iranian players including Dejagah are advocating for Quieroz to stay? Dejagah said Quieroz is the best coach he has ever worked with! Good luck with the likes of GN mate, fans like you don't deserve better.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                  Gucci is also no Suarez. Let me put it this way, if Ali Daei or Qotbi where in charge, we wouldn't have made it to the world cup. Not to mention it was Carlos Quieroz himself who brought Gucci to TM in the first place. That's because Carlos Queiroz being an actual professional coach had an actual gameplan! While Iranian coaches except for Mansourian, lack vision. No wonder IR is in charge, let's see if we qualify for the world cup if another moron such as GN or Maheli Kohan is in charge. I predict Gucci will look lost and useless, and Dejagah will fail to deliver, why do you think all Iranian players including Dejagah are advocating for Quieroz to stay? Dejagah said Quieroz is the best coach he has ever worked with! Good luck with the likes of GN mate, fans like you don't deserve better.
                  You're just bringing up random irrelevant points. I never said Dejagah was messi or that Gucci was Suarez. You don't need messi or Suarez to make the World Cup in asia. I also never said the players didn't want queiroz to stay or that he's not a good coach. My point was that queiroz didn't single handedly take iran to the World Cup. The players fit his system and that's why it worked.

Comment

You're just bringing up random irrelevant points. I never said Dejagah was messi or that Gucci was Suarez. You don't need messi or Suarez to make the World Cup in asia. I also never said the players didn't want queiroz to stay or that he's not a good coach. My point was that queiroz didn't single handedly take iran to the World Cup. The players fit his system and that's why it worked.
                    Afarin, now you understand! You made it sound if Dejagah or Gucci were world class players! That's all i needed to hear from you, Quieroz has a gameplan and he worked with players who fit his strategy. What gameplan do GN and co have? There is a reason why Iranian coaches fail to qualify Iran for a world cup, it's because they have no clue to what they're doing. Quieroz would have qualified TM for the world cup in 2010 aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                      This is pretty much an exact replication to the thread made on CQ's coaching results in RM, but in regards to TM.
                      As you can clearly see, he has not done anything outstanding as some claim.

[ATTACH]15825[/ATTACH]

The typical counter to this will be that CQ took us to the WC. Yes, but just like always in came right down to the wire and lets be honest we got very lucky.

In 2002 and 2010 luck was not in our favor but in 1998 and 2014 it was.
                      This is not the right way to do it.
                      First: the players he have is not the same.

Second:
                      He have lost against:
                      Sweden Frendlie
                      Argentina WC
                      Bosnia WC
                      Iraq AC
                      Albania Frendlie

But you forgott to mention his victories:
                      Chile
                      Nigeria (draw WC)
                      South Korea (WCQ)
                      South Korea (WCQ)
                      South Korea (Frendlie)

Branko also lost to:
                      Portugal WC
                      Japan WCQ (not included players outside Iran, because we where trough)
                      Germany Frendlie
                      South Korea Frendlie

His good results:
                      Winning Asian Games
                      Japan (WCQ)
                      South Korea (AC)
                      Bosnia Frendlie
                      Togo Frendlie
                      Bosnia Frendlie
                      Costa Rica Frendlie
                      Croatia (Draw , Frendlie)

GN
                      Lost to
                      South Kora
                      Mexico

Wins:
                      South Korea (ACQ)

So ....
                      When Mr GN plays against Jamaica U23 team and dont talk about how many tough openent they had

Comment

well, we technically didn't lose to Iraq. According to FIFA rules, that game ended in a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          well, we technically didn't lose to Iraq. According to FIFA rules, that game ended in a draw.
                          The only people in the world who think Iraq won that game are Iraqi's.

But in the football world, Iran were true winners. 10 men 120 minutes, come back twice in extra time, having everything against us..and still not lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            The only people in the world who think Iraq won that game are Iraqi's.

But in the football world, Iran were true winners. 10 men 120 minutes, come back twice in extra time, having everything against us..and still not lose.

Not to mention the reason we went down to 10 men was because of a Corrupted, Grudge holding Ref.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              yesss your right, in reality, between world cup and asian cup in 7 games we only lost to one team, which is bosnia, we didnt deserve to lose to argentina and iraq

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                yesss your right, in reality, between world cup and asian cup in 7 games we only lost to one team, which is bosnia, we didn't deserve to lose to argentina and iraq
                                I could agree with Iraq, but we lost to Argentina fair and square, they have messi and he was the difference maker... The penalty that wasn't called was 50-50, it wasn't the refs fault, that is football, if we didn't deserve to lose to Argentina then we could say that we didn't deserve to beat Korea in our last WCQ game (ahmadis tackle, the posts they hit etc.), therefore we shouldn't have made the WC in the first place, refs make choices on 50-50 calls that football...

The Iraq game was 100% the refs fault, he had a grudge against us and gave pooladi a bs red card which changed the game, but the argentina game was just luck not being on our side and Messi doing what he does best
                                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                                Villa + Messi =

Comment

Working...
                                X