Attacking Midfielder for World Cup (Qualifiers) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since our main playmaker Shojaei will be close to retirement because he is already 30 (turning 31 this summer),

the CAM position will be vacant. With the World Cup qualifiers upcoming, we really need a new playmaker. Although our opponents are not anywhere near to competitive and Shojaei will do, it's time to look for a replacement since these are the perfect games to do so.

Who are your suggestions, and why? Please specify your answer, and provide video's or other information to back up your statements.

I added a poll to see which player has the most votes so we can evaluate it.

I included all possible options, although some are not likely to be called up to our team due to paperwork issues / nationality stuff.

Here are some video's from all players:

1.Soroush Rafiei (Foolad)

2.Payam Sadeghian (Perspolis)

3.Bakthiar Rahmani (Foolad)

4.Mohsen Mosalman (Foolad)

5.Aria Hasegawa (Cerezo Osaka)

6.Amin Nazari (Fredrikstad)

Soroush Rafiei
    0%
    Payam Sadeghian
    0%
    Bakthiar Rahmani
    0%
    Mohsen Mosalman
    0%
    Aria Hasegawa
    0%
    Amin Nazari
    0%
    Other
    0%

The poll is expired.

You are not willing to give up on Aria aren't you[emoji1]

As long as he doesn't play for Japan, there is always hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The best player on this list is Sadeghian (talent wise), but too bad he is a little coocoo, so i guess Mosalman or rafeie should take the CAM role in TM
      Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
      http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
      [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
      Villa + Messi =

Comment

Sadeghian was our best bet, but he is too much to handle for CQ. I don't know what happened to him. He looks like some drugie with no control over his temper.

Comment

I'd put Dejagah as CAM untill we discover a good player for that position, Rafiei and Mosalman can be reserve, too bad Sadeghian is mentally challenged, he would be a great CAN if he was mentally stable. I consider Rahmani more a central deep lying midfielder.

Comment

None of them are in top form right now. I would rank them based on their top form:
            1. Rahmani of 12-14
            2. Sadeghian of 13-14
            3. Rafiei of 13-14

I miss 2002-2006 era when we had at least 4 above Asian class play makers.
            Last edited by _Navid_; 04-20-2015, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Hajsafi

Comment

I don't want to be a party pooper but IMO regardless of much potential those players have, they haven't done anything outstanding to prove their worth in a TM shirt.

Rafiei is our best bet in that list IF he can get more playing time and be more efficient on the field. Sure, he's shown glimpses of brilliance in a TM shirt but not in a consistent manner.

PS: I'm sure there is more out there but they need to move to Europe asap. That's the only way they will develop into great playmakers. Because as it stands, there CAM role is going to be highly interchangeable which will affect TM's flow and transition period.

For example, look at Kagawa killing it at the age of 26 while these players are getting wasted in Persian Gulf Leagues. Whether it's due to military or $$$ issues, it needs to be resolved for TM's sake. I give big kudos to Ezatollahi for doing this because he may turn out into something great.
                Last edited by Farhad-7; 04-20-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Call up this guy!

Comment

I think we first need to call up some quality forwards before we call up a CAM. Also, I don't understand why we always need a "new" player. New and inexperienced players are exactly what you don't want when you're trying to get results.

Comment

Soroush is an outstanding talent, his vision is unmatched by any of these other guys you have listed. Such a damn shame he had to deal with this sarbazi BS and miss valuable time, IMO had some real good games in the AC. Hope he gets back to playing ASAP we need him in TM
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Bakhtiar to me is definitely the best choice in that position IMO especially now for the WCQ but he hasn't played for a year because of sarbazi and personally I would wait until he gets back on track.

Rafiei is good too but he's not a true CAM and definitely a natural winger, but still could be an option.

Mosalman I'm also a fan he's been playing well lately as CAM for Foolad in the league as well as in the ACL. I think that he has matured a lot since his PP days too, decent vision and passing, he definitely has a lot of potential.

If I had to chose now I'd say Mosalman and Rafiei should get as much games as they can against these weak teams to get some experience

I consider Dejagah wasted as CAM, he's far from our best playmaker, his passing is not great and he won't be able to use his best game, definitely would feel awkward. We will be missing him on the wings. I cannot see any coach putting him in that position. Ditto for Hajsafi.

Comment

Payam

Comment

Dejagah can play attacking mid.

Comment

Only Mahmood!

Comment

Working...
                              X