2018 WCQs matches and opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    If Guam beats either India or Turkmenistan there is no excuse we have to get at least 18 points in this group beating Guam India Turkmenistan twice.
    If we don't get at least 21/22 points in this group I don't want to go to the WC

Comment

I forgot about Oman yeah, worst result should be as tie in Muscat IMO.

Comment

The first qualifier Turkmenistan - Iran will be played on 16 June 20:00 CET!

Confirmed by AFC.

Source: http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?vi...tage#ui-tabs-1

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          The first qualifier Turkmenistan - Iran will be played on 16 June 20:00 CET!

Confirmed by AFC.

Source: http://www.the-afc.com/afcasfeeds?vi...tage#ui-tabs-1
          So does that mean our game starts at midnight in Ashghabat?

Comment

So does that mean our game starts at midnight in Ashghabat?
            AFC says local time is 18:00, I clicked on their convert button and it says 20:00 CET, they might be wrong.

Comment

Aim for 24 points. The only possible meaningful match will be the away match against Oman. We have not played against Turkmenistan or India for a long time but Turkmenistan seems rather less impressive of the two. India has progressed to a better team since our last encounter, and it may cause a little problem for Oman not Iran. We are still a far better team compared to them.

I just wonder how playing in Guam will be! The weather and tropical condition may be a headache for us. It will be the third time our NT play in US soil.

Topping this group seems somehow easy. It can be test bed for younger and bench NT members. CQ can test different tactics and introduce new talents to the team. R3 of WCQs matter the most and we need to work harder since it will be more difficult to climb the group this time around. The Asian teams are getting more challenging. Teams like Uzbekistan, China and young UAE can add to the level of competition beside Iran, Korea, Japan, and Australia. If NZ joins AFC then it will be more fun. Iraq can be a wild card if they play better than AC matches. KSA has been weak for a decade now, but they change a bit recently and we may see an upset or two by them.

Comment

As usual, their stuff is messed up. If 18:00 is local time it makes more sense. Only team in Asia we have a negative record against is Turkmenistan, time to change that

Comment

As usual, their stuff is messed up. If 18:00 is local time it makes more sense. Only team in Asia we have a negative record against is Turkmenistan, time to change that
                  I first thought, how is this even possible? Then I saw Mayeli Kohan.

Comment

It appears there is 3 months space between our first match, against Turkmenistan, and our second match, against Guam.

Do you guys think we will get to see some good friendlies during the summer? Or are the TM players not available then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                      It appears there is 3 months space between our first match, against Turkmenistan, and our second match, against Guam.

Do you guys think we will get to see some good friendlies during the summer? Or are the TM players not available then?
                      Officially PGL doesn't start until August as well as other leagues. I'm not sure about whether ACL interfering. Best thing to do is for CQ to hold camps for untested players, orient them to his system, and organize some games against the CAFF nations except Turkmenistan. I wouldn't expect a high level friendly since South America/North America have continental tournaments and most of Europe goes on vacation.

Comment

^i agree, that sounds like the most logical plan out there. The ipl has so many gems, that there should be a camp for only ipl players this summer

Comment

Working...
                        X