No announcement yet.

Iran Grouped with Brazil, Spain & Mexico for the 2015 Beach Soccer World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Grouped with Brazil, Spain & Mexico for the 2015 Beach Soccer World Cup

Iran has been placed in a pretty tough group for the 2015 Beach Soccer World Cup to be played in Portugal from July 9th-19th.

Iran's 1st game will be against Spain on July 10th. This is Iran's 6th appearance in the WC out of a total of 8 competitions.

Th Brazilians are 4 time champions and finished 3rd in the last WC in 2013. Spain finished 2nd in that competition which was held in Tahiti. Mexico finished 2nd in the 2007 edition, but did not qualify to the last competition.

Overall, it looks like a very tough draw with both Spain and Brazil having won their groups in the last competition and reaching the semi-finals.

TM finished 2nd in the group (behind Brazil) and lost to eventual champions Russia in a very tight and hard-fought quarter-final match ending 6-5 for Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Iran has been placed in a pretty tough group for the 2015 Beach Soccer World Cup to be played in Portugal from July 9th-19th.

Iran's 1st game will be against Spain on July 10th. This is Iran's 6th appearance in the WC out of a total of 8 competitions.

Th Brazilians are 4 time champions and finished 3rd in the last WC in 2013. Spain finished 2nd in that competition which was held in Tahiti. Mexico finished 2nd in the 2007 edition, but did not qualify to the last competition.

Overall, it looks like a very tough draw with both Spain and Brazil having won their groups in the last competition and reaching the semi-finals.

TM finished 2nd in the group (behind Brazil) and lost to eventual champions Russia in a very tight and hard-fought quarter-final match ending 6-5 for Russia.
      We'll have nice quality matches. Hopefully we can finish in top 2, but even if we don't, can't ask for better opponents.

Comment

Comment

dayum...!!
          that is a tough group
          but if the boys can survive it, a title game is likely on cards for them..

Comment

Just called my mom, and asked if its okay if i book tickets for the family to go to portugal on the 9th of july! answer was yes! So I'm going to this at least!

Comment

Khob ye dafe began Iran nayad dige?

Thanks for the info Behrou joon!

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                Just called my mom, and asked if its okay if i book tickets for the family to go to portugal on the 9th of july! answer was yes! So I'm going to this at least!
                Portugal is great, you'll for sure have a nice time!

Comment

definitely the group of death. Having said that, wishing them TM best!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Portugal is great, you'll for sure have a nice time!
                    Should i take a flight or train?

Comment

Should i take a flight or train?
                      From Sweden?

Comment

From Sweden?
                        Sweden or denmark doesn't really matter haha

Comment

Sweden or denmark doesn't really matter haha
                          Take a flight bro, else it's gonna be a looong journey just saw, it's (the city Espinho) really close to Porto, and bery far from Lissabon, so you would probably aim for Porto airport, else youre gonna take train or something from Lissabon

Comment

Take a flight bro, else it's gonna be a looong journey just saw, it's (the city Espinho) really close to Porto, and bery far from Lissabon, so you would probably aim for Porto airport, else youre gonna take train or something from Lissabon

Comment

No direct flights from here as well. You will probably have to do a stop in either Frankfurt or Spain. But definitely go for Porto and spend the holiday there. The place where the competition is, is REALLY close!

Comment

Working...
                              X