Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq requested Iran to host their WCQ matches

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94020804896/%...B1%D9%88%D8%B4

Kafashian announced that Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq want to play their matches in Iran. This would mean Iran hosting a total of 16 matches for these National teams.
    The Afghans have also asked for their match against japan to take place in Azadi stadium where they can show in big numbers.

Kafashian also says there are a number of countries including some europeans willing to play friendly with TM.

Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq requested Iran to host their WCQ matches

I hope we don't host them. Iran is for Team Melli, we are not home to any of those teams who want to play their matches on our turf. This is just my opinion, since when Azadi Stadium is for Afghanistan NT? It has always been for Team Melli in international games.

Instead of providing facilities for them, we can spend on our own team who has lack of funding.

No offense.

Comment

Lets just move the entire qualifiers to Iran

Comment

At least I hope we don't host them in Tehran. I read somewhere that IFF is going to host Iraq at Kermanshah.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
          At least I hope we don't host them in Tehran. I read somewhere that IFF is going to host Iraq at Kermanshah.
          They should be more than happy that we actually gave them a place to play

Comment

Afghanistan wants freaken Azadi??? Digeh chi lol... dream on

Comment

From financial point of view, It may not be such a bad Idea as long as it will bring some revenues for IFF to fund Team Melli preparation for WC.

Comment

Hopefully the friendly thing is true..

Comment

We might as well host Afghanistan since we were going to be as good as them if queiroz left according to some people...

Comment

Folks,

Let's not jump the gun and link these requests to political agendas etc. Let's look at it from a different perspective, hosting these matches will translate into income generation for IFF (Hoping the income will entirely go to IFF and not the government)

Just like how TM plays many of its friendlies and camps abroad and in European grounds, we should be more open minded and welcome such requests by these countries. I hate to see us as a racist country TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                      Afghanistan wants freaken Azadi??? Digeh chi lol... dream on
                      That warrants a packed Azadi stadium, thus a good revenue for our football my brother, let's not be one-dimensional Z Joon Jaan!

Comment

What's with all the negative sentiment? Everyone getting political as always, stereotypical iranians....

I can understand not wanting to host Iraq after the way their team behaved in the AC but what bad experience do we have with the national teams of Syria and Afghanistan?

It would be a nice income benefit for iran (at least I'd assume the ticket sales would go towards our federation for hosting it) to have Afghanistan seeing how they showed up for their Olympic teams and it would be cool for our fans to see Japan up close and compare them to our TM.

As for Syria the poor ppl have nowhere safe to play, aren't we Iranians supposed to be hospitable ppl? Someone please name me one horrible thing their team has done to us that makes it a crime to host them.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Afghanistan has insisted that there game vs. Japan to be in Azadi stadium bcoz they will for sure have 100000 fans there just whe their omit team played us !!!

Comment

Syria and Afghanistan are fine but Iraqis are very rude and racist people. I've heard nothing but hate and envy from them towards Iranians, prime example of the inferiority complex. But at the same time it will be funny and embarrassing that they need us to just play football.

Comment

After the 8 years that they put us through, aroghis have no business being in Iran other than to stand in front of a firing squad.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X