Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dejagah: I have no intention to return to Europe

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94020905794/%...A7%D8%B1%D9%85

He seems to be happy in Qatar and has no intention to return soon to Europe.

He wants to remain with al arabi for the the length of his contract i.e 4 years.
    His family will join him soon in Qatar.

He also believes that playing in qatar won't affect his status as TM player.

He's in regular touch with other iranians playing in qsc.

With regards to WCS, ashkan thinks we should't underestimate any opponent, although we should go through this round as first team.

Money talks...

Comment

Lame..

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Money talks...
        Family talks...these are personal decisions that the players can only make.

Easy life, easy money-- he has to support his family after he retires in a few years, whereas regular people have careers spanning till they are 65.

Now if a developing player like JB or Azmoun chose to say that, i'd agree with you and bash them, but Ashkan is 28- he is peaking and he has already developed his skills...

Comment

Dejagah: I have no intention to return to Europe

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post

Easy life, easy money-- he has to support his family after he retires in a few years, whereas regular people have careers spanning till they are 65.

Now if a developing player like JB or Azmoun chose to say that, i'd agree with you and bash them, but Ashkan is 28- he is peaking and he has already developed his skills...
          We have to agree to disagree. I stated my opinion based on good arguments previously when he just moved to Al-Arabi, I think I have made my point.

But it's his career, his decisions, and his life anyways.

Comment

Hopefully better players steal his place.

We don't need 28 year old Qatari league wingers at this point, if he has no intention to return to Europe, then prepare to be most likely recycled during the WCQ by younger players.

Be lazy and greedy if you want, but no place for that in TM. Gucci and Ashkan play in very "energetic" positions and we should expect them to slowly fade away from TM in no time. JB on RW, Hajsafi on LW and Azmoun up top is probably going to be the "new" starting offense in 1-2 years.

Comment

Hopefully a young dedicated player will replace him before the World Cup, he can watch our Team play from Qatari Bein-Sport tv at home.

Comment

We all like to see him playing in Europe, but we never know what's happening on personal level.
                he's still one of our top quality players, if not the best.

Comment

He's living the life. Chilling in sunny qatar, with more money, rather than busting his ass in cold gloomy england with shit pay(comparatively)

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                    Hopefully better players steal his place.

We don't need 28 year old Qatari league wingers at this point, if he has no intention to return to Europe, then prepare to be most likely recycled during the WCQ by younger players.

Be lazy and greedy if you want, but no place for that in TM. Gucci and Ashkan play in very "energetic" positions and we should expect them to slowly fade away from TM in no time. JB on RW, Hajsafi on LW and Azmoun up top is probably going to be the "new" starting offense in 1-2 years.
                    Great points. I 100% agree!

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post

You still keep developing your skills even at 28. Look at Ronaldo for example. He's 30 and has gotten much better year after year after he joined Real Madrid.

When you're a key member of a national team you should make decisions that are not only good for you but also for your country as well.

Comment

Couldn't this just be a answer to avoid messing things up with his club? I mean, he has 4 years left on his contract which is a long time in football. Saying "Yes, I like to go to Europe soon" in his 1st year would be kinda disrespectful, wouldn't it?

If this is what he feels in his heart, then yeah, too bad for TM.. However, if he keeps his level until someone pushes him over on TM, then by all means he should get invited!
                        Being in Qatar will probably also help on injuries compared to his time in Fulham, which is probably the only positive thing by playing in Qatar (besides the money) :P

Comment

At the moment Dejagah is still the best iranian player. Not only that: he is one of the best players in Iran's history. It doesn't matter where he plays, when he is still delivering for Team Melli. I mean he has to feed his family & by family i'm not only talking about his wife & children. We shouldn't forget, that some iranians has to feed their parents too. Not all of them were lucky to be doctors, engineers or some rich carpet sellers. Actually i know, that his family was very poor & they had to live in one of the most corrupt neighbourhoods of Berlin.

Comment

Doesn't he have a kid? How can that work out if he ain't gonna stay there for the rest of his life?

Comment

You guys are making it seem as if he was getting 2 dollars an hour in Europe.
                              He was getting paid millions in Europe, but obviously he was taxed.

I also have no problem with players wanting to make tons of money, but where they play is a reflection of their ambition, hunger and desire to improve and be challenged.

Comment

Working...
                              X