• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From playing Sweden to Kenya? Commmme on

Major downgrade..

But at least its something.

Comment

well, to be fair we are warming up for WCQ where we are going to play Turkmanistan, India, Guam and Oman. Not exactly powerhouses. Downgarde was when we were playing Orlando Pirates because IFF sucks at arranging quality friendlies for our team

Comment

We should play Croatia or somethin

Comment

It's better than NOTHING which clown IFF is famous for!!! TM needs SYNCING, we need anything we can get.

Comment

Not worth fielding our A-team, we will not gain anything from this friendly. We need quality opponents like Sweden and Chile. Why did we reject Japan?

Comment

I would have recommended Austria to play in Tehran/Istanbul as they are playing a qualifying game in Moscow on June 14th
              We could be an opponent that is similar to Russia

Comment

Nothing wrong with playing Kenya at this stage. There are two types of friendlies:

1 - Major friendlies, where you play stronger opponents to fine tune the tactics of your A squad. These types of friendlies are useful once you have finalized your squad and before major competitions.

2 - Minor friendlies, where you play weaker opponents to test out new players, formations and tactics. Since we have to go through a major generational change between now and the WC, we need quite a few of these for some new players to gain international experience and get some playing time with each other.

On that note, there's no point for us to keep playing strong opponents for the next year or two with our A squad and be in a position then where we have to implement lots of changes very quickly for the later stages of WCQ or the WC itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  Nothing wrong with playing Kenya at this stage. There are two types of friendlies:

1 - Major friendlies, where you play stronger opponents to fine tune the tactics of your A squad. These types of friendlies are useful once you have finalized your squad and before major competitions.

2 - Minor friendlies, where you play weaker opponents to test out new players, formations and tactics. Since we have to go through a major generational change between now and the WC, we need quite a few of these for some new players to gain international experience and get some playing time with each other.

On that note, there's no point for us to keep playing strong opponents for the next year or two with our A squad and be in a position then where we have to implement lots of changes very quickly for the later stages of WCQ or the WC itself.
                  I agree, I deseperatly want to see TM play, whatever the opponent is. And I want to see new, fresh, players that would be the backbone of our selections in the upcoming years.

However, I think we should play quality opponent in august or in october (next FIFA dates available) to remind our players what is the high level (in opposition to asian crappy level). Greece, Turkey, Serbia etc.. would be decent

Comment

IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Not worth fielding our A-team, we will not gain anything from this friendly. We need quality opponents like Sweden and Chile. Why did we reject Japan?
                      I can understand not playing with Japan since they will be travelling to Iran in Oct so we have an opportunity to have a friendly with them, but I don't understand not playing against Uzbeks. As we expected IFF has started canceling matches and camps one after another.

Comment

Japan are playing vs Iraq on June 11th

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                          I can understand not playing with Japan since they will be travelling to Iran in Oct so we have an opportunity to have a friendly with them, but I don't understand not playing against Uzbeks. As we expected IFF has started canceling matches and camps one after another.
                          The uZb was never finalized, we cannot speak about cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by cap360 View Post
                            Major downgrade..
                            judging by your half baked comment, I feel obligated to teach you a thing or two about football friendly games.

1) Friendly games cost money
                            2) Friendly games need to be planned ahead of time months or even years in advance
                            3) No need to play a friendly game at the caliber of Sweden or Chile when you are facing the likes of Turkmenistan, India etc.... (not only you will not find a team, but also you will be laughing stock of the world for over kill and unnecessary high profile game)
                            4) There needs to be an incentive to a friendly game for BOTH Iran and caliber European team-Key Word INCENTIVE- either they there is financial gain, major tournament ahead or some other incentive. Not just because you want to see TM play a top team so you can jizz in your pants!
                            5) Timing, Timing, Timing - Leagues around the world are winding down, after a long excruciating 15-18 month of football that started with preparation for world cup and continued into this season, teams do not want to play any high profile games. all the friendly were already planned and played for the upcoming Copa America, Euro, Gold cup. In fact most teams wrapped up their friendly games last month. no it is just fine tuning and training on their own.
                            6) What exactly is the reason for a friendly game, 1) try new players 2) new tactic 3) preparation 4 ) etc... If you are going to play a preparation you need to have a plan, at this point CQ only wants to get the team in training mode again after a long rest. Playing Sweden and Chile as cool and interesting as it was for us fans did absoulty nothing to really help us with new tactics and players test. It was a nice game to game our best 11 vs their best 11. nothing more nothing less. You or CQ would have have fielded 11 new players, Sweden nor Chile would have agreed infact they might have not played with us if we did not bring our best 11 players!

"From playing Sweden to Kenya, Major downgrade" not really if you know football and follow football, which I do not think you do. So now you can formulate your ideas and comment better instead of writing ridiculous comments.

your comments would have been valid if we were actually playing teams like Sweden every time and now we are going to play Kenya!! We get to play caliber team once every 4 years IF,and only IF we are LUCKY. So be happy with Kenya and Mozambique as the next big game will not be for a while.
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Kenya have Victor Wanyama who is the next Yaya Toure. Personally I would love to see us try to handle him on a break since we are notorious for being slow on transitions.

Comment

Working...
                              X