Persian Gulf League - Final Week Discussion and Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persian Gulf League - Final Week Discussion and Results

We're less than 24 hours away from the kick-off of the last day of the 2014/15 season.

All games tomorrow will be played simultaneously at 19:30 Iran time (16:00 CET, 11:00 EST) with the exception of the derby (PP vs. EsEs) that will be played at 17:00 Iran time (13:30 CET, 8:30 EST).

Perspolis - Esteghlal: Both teams only playing for pride as the result will make no difference to either one of them. Most observers have called this game the most useless or least significant derby of all time! Branko's contract is until the end of next season, but as far as I know GN's has not yet been renewed and with recent talk from Pashazzdeh about taking over EsEs for 5 years (financially), GN's future at EsEs could very well depend on this game.

Tractor - Naft: The championship game! As reported previously, tickets are only 5,000 T's and Tractor officials have arranged for victory celebrations after the match. Both coaches have said that the championship will be decided in this game (i.e. there will NOT be a tie).

Sepahan - Saipa: Faraki hoping to become only the 2nd coach in IPL's history to win back-to-back championships with two different clubs - that would require a tie in the Tractor-Naft game. Standing in his way is Jalali who has once before caused a final day upset - in the 08/09 season thrashing Zob and making the title go to EsEs.

Padideh - Zob Ahan: Important game for Gol Mohammadi because Zob will clinch an ACL spot for next season without the need to beat Naft in the Hazfi Cup final - although they would also gain direct qualification to the competition, rather than going through play-offs, by winning the Hazfi Cup. To clinch the ACL spot tomorrow, they just need a tie in this game.

Saba - Foolad: Skocic still has a slim chance of securing an ACL spot. For that, they need to win this game and hope that Zob will lose against Padideh tomorrow and also lose the Hazfi Cup final against Naft. Skocic's contract has already been renewed for another 24 months.

Malavan - Naft M.S: Karimi had a GREAT run after taking over Malavan in mid season, pulling them well out of relegation zone within a few weeks. But they've been disappointing in the last few games and they face the prospect of relegation. Karimi has been promised a 36 month contract, but without a doubt he would have to keep Malavan in the IPL. Naft M.S. have already been relegated.

EsEs Khuzestan - Peykan: Vital game as both teams face relegation. Peykan need a win and ope that either Malavan or Rah Ahan will lose their game. Any other result and they'll be facing a relegation playoff at the very least. EsEs can theoretically do with a tie if Malavan lose their game with a 2 goal margin or more.

Rah Ahan - Gostaresh: Rah Ahan are still in danger of direct relegation because of their atrocious goal difference. Even a tie could put them in the relegation play-off, so they will certainly play to win this game.

Sepahan fardaa ghahreman nemishe, vali age beshe chiiiii miiishe
    2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

I think we are going to see a lot of goals in the Tehran Derby. Both teams have nothing to lose in the league, both have piss poor defenders and shite goalkeepers; perfect scenario for a high scoring football match.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        Regardless of the results tomorrow, a team that has never won the IPL (since it became pro) will be crowned champions tomorrow:
        Ever heard of Sepahan brah?

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
          Ever heard of Sepahan brah?
          LOL. Oops, that must have been a Freudian slip - cause I really think their chances are slim!

Thanks for the correction - took that section out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
            LOL. Oops, that must have been a Freudian slip - cause I really think their chances are slim!

Thanks for the correction - took that section out.
            Indeed. Speaking of which, I can't stand Tractor winning. They can't even spell Tractor properly! I'm not too keen on a random fanless Naft either. So hoping for a soul crushing tie between them.

Comment

Look at my signature and you'll see the team that will be champions

Comment

It's gonna be a tight game between Naft vs Tractor so there's a high chance that their game will end in a tie. Sepahan has a tough game as well but they can beat Saipa and become a champion.

No one was counting on Sepahan until the last 5 weeks and they just came out of no where.

Come on Sepahan make Esfahan proud

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
                  Indeed. Speaking of which, I can't stand Tractor winning. They can't even spell Tractor properly! I'm not too keen on a random fanless Naft either. So hoping for a soul crushing tie between them.

Oh sorry didn't know we could write tractor in Azeri and had to keep us to farsi so that you wouldn't cry

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                    Oh sorry didn't know we could write tractor in Azeri and had to keep us to farsi so that you wouldn't cry
                    As a superior Persian I'd suggest to you to first gather your thoughts and then formulate a comprehensive sentence followed by proof reading it to avoid nonsensical gibberish such as the above.

Comment

wow Naft will play in 2 consecutive finals both in Hazfi and IPL and has 2 chances to play in the champions league next year.. :-) you have to really give it to Mansourian for his excellent team and magnificent season.
                      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                        wow Naft will play in 2 consecutive finals both in Hazfi and IPL and has 2 chances to play in the champions league next year.. :-) you have to really give it to Mansourian for his excellent team and magnificent season.
                        I find it quite hilarious that Mansourian is basically harvesting the efforts of Ebrahimzadeh and Gol moe in the past couple of years and all of sudden he's getting all of this credit as if he revitalized a shitty bottom table team. Naft came 3rd last year and 5th the year before that... Mansourian is riding a massive bubbly hype train thanks to 90.

Comment

padideh to beat Zob
                          narrow tie in Naft v Traxtor
                          Sepahan to snatch the crown

naft to win Hazfi

Comment

Sorkhabi derby should've been played earlier so it's not so worthless but that Tractor-Naft championship match up is crazy how it panned out

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X