Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian soccer team lies to fans to avoid a riot - SB Nation article

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...communications

Have you considered maybe posting all your articles in 1 thread? Perhaps a thread that already exists about the topic?
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      It's common for teams in a playoff race to hide the result of a critical game from fans and players in the stadium, but this story from Iran's Persian Pro Gulf League is some next-level stuff. Deadspin has the full story of how one team tried to block communication for 90,000 fans in order to try and keep order.

Despite finishing second in the Iran Persian Gulf Pro League, fans of Tractor Sazi who were in the stadium were told their team had actually won the league. At the 87-minute mark all communication went dark.

"We were following the other game on television in the changing room but at 87 minutes in, suddenly the TV, radio and cellphone networks blacked out and we had no means of communication."

The reason was simple: Tractor was trying to keep the peace.

It didn't work.

"When reality dawned for Tractor Sazi’s fans — 90,000 were in a stadium whose official capacity is only 70,000 — the mood changed, seats were smashed and fights broke out."

The video of the close is heartbreaking. The team was celebrating, then it dawned on them.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...communications
      Are you diznab from youtube?

Comment

I truly feel for Teraktor.

That one picture of Toni's face (where he looks like he's about to get a stroke) after he finds out they didn't win the title says it all.

Ever since Teraktor came back to Lige Bartar in 2009-10, they've been fighting tooth and nail for a league championship.

They definitely deserved it this year but unfortunately fell short.

I don't like to point fingers but at this point I think it's fair to mention that Hamed Lak was a big reason as to why Teraktor lost the league to Sepahan. I mean for Azari's sake, what kind of goalkeeping was that when Teraktor conceded the 3rd goal? That's 3 points.

Teraktor's defense has been shaky in both the league and Asia, so there's that. But damn, Lak needs to sit on the bench until he can get back in his confident form.

Comment

This article sums it up well:
          http://screamer.deadspin.com/stadium...t-w-1704980730

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

The regimes biggest fear is the youth of the country and the power and influence they wield.

Comment

Gaidan be mamlekat va abero ke namundeh bud..

Comment

Working...
              X