Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all Lompans in Iran, Lopan supporters in Los Angeles and TM critics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rug

Stop ranting and raving!!!!!

Comment

it is very easy:

A team which can not pay 400 Dollar to train is only able to display a performance like that what we see in the pitch. Nothing more.
      A team which is 180 minutes not able to score by themselves and need help and a (pro) handicap (go into the 2nd leg match with leading 1:0) to have a realistic chance to qualify, is not good enough to qualify. we always know al hilal fuc.k our teams year by year and before the match i know perspolis will be kicked out and lose with 3 goals..
      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
      -

Comment

48 hours later and I still don't know what a lompan is can someone translate that for me plz
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          48 hours later and I still don't know what a lompan is can someone translate that for me plz
          http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lumpen

In Iran we generally use it to mean definition no. 3 (vulgar, plebian...)

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
            To the so called know it alls who thought this post was "ranting and raving" ,.......

The 1st TM traing camp in Turkey was Cancelled today due to lack of funds, but I am sure CQ should have paid for that camp too.
            Why don't we. Just start putting it in every foreign coach's contract that comes to Iran: " it is your responsibility to arrange friendliest,, pay for practice facilities, pay for training camps, plane tickets, etc"....
            Oh but dont forget... We used to have 10 players playing in Europe 123 years ago!!!!!
            Yes bud, it is rant and rave when you don't realize that TM has held 5 full camps outside Iran in the last 12-13 months (2 in Austria, 2 in S. Africa, 1 in Portugal). That's excluding the two camps for the World Cup and Asian Cup in Brazil and Australia respectively, and the mini-camp before the Sweden match in Stockholm.

If you think any other nation has held that many camps outside their country in that time period, you are sadly mistaken. There is nothing wrong with these camps but you don't seem to realize that they do cost money and EVERY football federation in the world works on a finite budget. Money doesn't grow on trees!

Expecting IFF to have unlimited spending on a VERY limited budget (particularly in a country under sanctions) is as ridiculous as some of the expectations your favorite named characters have about CQ! IFF can not do miracles any more than CQ can.

We didn't even have most of our WC money from FIFA until just a few days ago which was supposed to be a HUGE boost to IFF's budget. At that point the Turkey camp was already in shambles. IFF offered to have the camp in Ankara as per Peyrvani, but the TM cadre said it was too late to make the arrangements.

And frankly, I applaud them for not pushing the issue when there was absolutely no benefit to having the camp in Turkey - it was an unnecessary expense. That money can now go toward chartering TM a direct flight to Tashkent and return flight from Turkmenistan, which is what Peyrovani said they're working on and something our players DESERVE.

Yes, there are a lot of problems in Iran from the top down - everyone knows that. You don't need to state the obvious over and over again and at the same time completely ignore that very premise, expecting everything about TM to go smoothly and be honkey dorey!

There are also a lot of good people involved in our football program including the TM cadre and players. To constantly take the spotlight away from their hard work and put it on IR or these cronies you keep naming is frankly an insult to them, all their sacrifices and every true TM fan.

Post-revolution, TM has NEVER received the support it is receiving now, not from the fans, not from the IFF and not from the government. On that note, some of us just rather focus on positives and improvements in the TM situation, no matter how incrementally small, rather than dwelling in the negatives day in day out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              In Iran it's used to describe anyone you don't like. It's become meaningless and essentially only used as an insult you can get away with.
              راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Yes bud, it is rant and rave when you don't realize that TM has held 5 full camps outside Iran in the last 12-13 months (2 in Austria, 2 in S. Africa, 1 in Portugal). That's excluding the two camps for the World Cup and Asian Cup in Brazil and Australia respectively, and the mini-camp before the Sweden match in Stockholm.

If you think any other nation has held that many camps outside their country in that time period, you are sadly mistaken. There is nothing wrong with these camps but you don't seem to realize that they do cost money and EVERY football federation in the world works on a finite budget. Money doesn't grow on trees!

Expecting IFF to have unlimited spending on a VERY limited budget (particularly in a country under sanctions) is as ridiculous as some of the expectations your favorite named characters have about CQ! IFF can not do miracles any more than CQ can.

We didn't even have most of our WC money from FIFA until just a few days ago which was supposed to be a HUGE boost to IFF's budget. At that point the Turkey camp was already in shambles. IFF offered to have the camp in Ankara as per Peyrvani, but the TM cadre said it was too late to make the arrangements.

And frankly, I applaud them for not pushing the issue when there was absolutely no benefit to having the camp in Turkey - it was an unnecessary expense. That money can now go toward chartering TM a direct flight to Tashkent and return flight from Turkmenistan, which is what Peyrovani said they're working on and something our players DESERVE.

Yes, there are a lot of problems in Iran from the top down - everyone knows that. You don't need to state the obvious over and over again and at the same time completely ignore that very premise, expecting everything about TM to go smoothly and be honkey dorey!

There are also a lot of good people involved in our football program including the TM cadre and players. To constantly take the spotlight away from their hard work and put it on IR or these cronies you keep naming is frankly an insult to them, all their sacrifices and every true TM fan.

Post-revolution, TM has NEVER received the support it is receiving now, not from the fans, not from the IFF and not from the government. On that note, some of us just rather focus on positives and improvements in the TM situation, no matter how incrementally small, rather than dwelling in the negatives day in day out.
                Wrong again my friend....
                You continue to amaze me with your unique ability to turn things around and change the face of the problem in order to suit your own agenda.

Iran held 2-3 camps prior to WC and Asian championships.
                However what you seem to miss is that one camp was held in a PUBLIC PARK in australia and 1-2 training camps were held solely due to CQ ability to pull some strings and use his personal connections in order to provide our TM.
                Now that is disrespectful to a nation and to a National team in general.

No one is asking for UAE and or Japan or Korea and Australia type training and preparations. I know very well that under this Iran regime that is impossible. Asking for the basics and the bare minimum isnt asking too much even though you seem to see it that way.
                We didnt have money for our plane tickets, training jersy's, et....
                These are the bare minimums that our football fed. isnt able to provide.

Then why would a bunch of LOMPAN and BISAVAD idiots in Iran expect CHAMPIONSHIP from TM in Australia if we arent able to provide the most basic preparation for a team?

I am well aware of many good people in our football who are working hard while keeping their mouths shut and not counting every second for their national team to lose. I am well familiar with those individuals and in contact with many of them on monthly basis.
                However, those LOMPANS such as Gale Noie and Derakhsahn and Zolfagar nasab who constantly criticized TM while in Australia arent one of them.

Comment

I think the best English equivalent for how Lumpen is used in Iran would be "lowlife" or "crook". Probably more the latter.

Comment

LOL. I thought it would have been a little bit before your time so I'm surprised you know it.

"Maximum Overdrive" doesn't ring a bell by any chance, does it?! I have not met anyone other than the wife who has seen that movie - dumbest one ever about these killer trucks (!!!), but funny as hell.
                    sorry bro, that movie is unknown to me.
                    Still i must admit i laughed so hard about Lopan, hilarious reply that was.

To get back to the topic: I am pretty sure the conversation at the Hotel Desk went like this:

Hotel: Ah welcome honourable guests, Ahlam va Sahlam habibi, you want train on field, no problem habibi, give me 400$.
                    PP staff #1 to PP staff #2: martike chi goft?
                    PP staff #2 to PP staff #1: mige poolie, bayad zamino ejare konim.
                    PP staff #1 to PP staff #2: ayy koon kesh, begu nemikhad, khodemun jooresh mikonim.
                    PP staff #2 to Hotel: No tank you.

PP staff to PP-Team: bacheha zamin tamrino gozoshtan tabaghe aval. de bodo!

IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Wrong again my friend....
                      You continue to amaze me with your unique ability to turn things around and change the face of the problem in order to suit your own agenda.

Iran held 2-3 camps prior to WC and Asian championships.
                      However what you seem to miss is that one camp was held in a PUBLIC PARK in australia and 1-2 training camps were held solely due to CQ ability to pull some strings and use his personal connections in order to provide our TM.
                      Now that is disrespectful to a nation and to a National team in general.

No one is asking for UAE and or Japan or Korea and Australia type training and preparations. I know very well that under this Iran regime that is impossible. Asking for the basics and the bare minimum isnt asking too much even though you seem to see it that way.
                      We didnt have money for our plane tickets, training jersy's, et....
                      These are the bare minimums that our football fed. isnt able to provide.

Then why would a bunch of LOMPAN and BISAVAD idiots in Iran expect CHAMPIONSHIP from TM in Australia if we arent able to provide the most basic preparation for a team?
                      For someone who seems to have such strong reactions to a bunch of lompans' disregard for facts, I honestly don't understand why you choose to disregard them so frequently and conveniently yourself. No, Iran did not hold 2-3 camps, it held 5 camps and that does not include the camp at a "public park" in Australia. But that's neither here nor there...

Yes, there are a lot of things happening in the IR that are disrespectful to our nation and frankly most of them dwarf these relativity trivial issues you keep bringing up. The lompans you mention are a byproduct of this system not the cause of it and for that reason they do NOT deserve 1/100th of the attention or coverage you are providing them. They deserve to fade into the dust bin of history, not get front page coverage on a weekly basis. Do you understand where I'm coming from?!

And no, there's nothing wrong with asking for basics and bare minimums - hell, we should only be asking for the best things for our TM. That's not just CQ's job but the job of all TM fans and the media as well. Frankly, I don't even think it's CQ's job to fix the problems of our country - that's our job and it would be extremely selfish of us to constantly ask him to endanger his position to do things that we should be doing. We should appreciate what he has done and be able to take it to the next step.

That has been happening, albeit slowly and in small increments as I said earlier. The media pressure led to the ministry of sports getting involved, promising to increase IFF's budget, CQ staying and Peyrovani's appointment. Peryrovani is now doing the dirty job that CQ was doing - keeping the spotlight on IFF's budget problems in nearly every interview. How much front page coverage are we giving him for his relentless efforts and high-energy positive approach?!

So yes, I suppose I have an agenda and that's to encourage a more frequent look at and discussions of the positives surrounding TM and small steps that are going in the right direction and to be excited about them, than to constantly dwell in the negatives, get depressed and turn to being confrontational with our fellow TM fans as an outlet for that frustration.

Comment

Before criticizing TM and CQ and place unrealistic and out of line expectations on TM, please review this sad video of PP players having to train in the HOTEL LOBBY bc the team was unable to pay a $400 (US Dollars) fee in order to secure a practice field. This is the day before PP's most important game of the season.

http://varzeshvideo.com/?p=1180

Do you really expect CQ to take a football team with this type of infrastructure and perform magic and compete against teams such as UAE, Japan and Australia?
                        Only a bunch of LOMPANS such as Daryoush Zahab, Gale Noie, Derakhsan, Bijan Zed-e Football would have such a out of line and distorted ideas.
                        Shockd but Not surprised! This is what happens when a bunch of Idiotic, uneducated Morons, we call AKhund, running our country!!....

Comment

For someone who seems to have such strong reactions to a bunch of lompans' disregard for facts, I honestly don't understand why you choose to disregard them so frequently and conveniently yourself. No, Iran did not hold 2-3 camps, it held 5 camps and that does not include the camp at a "public park" in Australia. But that's neither here nor there...

Yes, there are a lot of things happening in the IR that are disrespectful to our nation and frankly most of them dwarf these relativity trivial issues you keep bringing up. The lompans you mention are a byproduct of this system not the cause of it and for that reason they do NOT deserve 1/100th of the attention or coverage you are providing them. They deserve to fade into the dust bin of history, not get front page coverage on a weekly basis. Do you understand where I'm coming from?!

And no, there's nothing wrong with asking for basics and bare minimums - hell, we should only be asking for the best things for our TM. That's not just CQ's job but the job of all TM fans and the media as well. Frankly, I don't even think it's CQ's job to fix the problems of our country - that's our job and it would be extremely selfish of us to constantly ask him to endanger his position to do things that we should be doing. We should appreciate what he has done and be able to take it to the next step.

That has been happening, albeit slowly and in small increments as I said earlier. The media pressure led to the ministry of sports getting involved, promising to increase IFF's budget, CQ staying and Peyrovani's appointment. Peryrovani is now doing the dirty job that CQ was doing - keeping the spotlight on IFF's budget problems in nearly every interview. How much front page coverage are we giving him for his relentless efforts and high-energy positive approach?!

So yes, I suppose I have an agenda and that's to encourage a more frequent look at and discussions of the positives surrounding TM and small steps that are going in the right direction and to be excited about them, than to constantly dwell in the negatives, get depressed and turn to being confrontational with our fellow TM fans as an outlet for that frustration.
                          You are no longer worthy of a response.
                          Good luck with your illusions.

Comment

You are no longer worthy of a response.
                            Good luck with your illusions.
                            What? No more rant and rave? I guess I deserve an award for that post.

Comment

Working...
                            X