Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qatar fear of losing WC & Official told not to step on US soil for fears of arrests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
      Mr. Platini not in the running. Yet, that is.
      So far Ali announced his candidacy & French international David Genola. Figo is still contemplating

Platini is as bad as Blatter was just on a smaller level (europe vs world), Ali is an Arab candidate and a Platini ally, David Ginola is a joke. he is just running as marketing for a sports gambling company and does not even have 5 countries supporting/ nominating him which is the minimum you need.

I have a feeling van Praag and Figo might get back in as well as another few candidates (with one major name).

Whoever it is it better be someone from the outside and not Platini or the liked of him which will mean simply more of the same. This is a great chance to clean up and rebuild from the ground up.

Comment

Qatar a "country" that never qualified to any WC was "selected" to host. what a scam. A country that has asked spectators to "dress modestly" in their stadiums, stadiums that will cost another estimated 5,000 lives to build, a country where it'll be 120 degrees in the summer times....a male dominated dictatorship...to host WC is a blow to our beautiful game and humanity....
        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Exposing who they bribed will definitely result in the World Cup being taken away from them.
          Well KC, your old prediction of Qatar losing the WC is coming to fruition.
          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Not yet. Let us wait and see the whole thing. Qataris has spends billions, I am not sure if they let it go so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by IPG View Post
              Platini is as bad as Blatter was just on a smaller level (europe vs world), Ali is an Arab candidate and a Platini ally, David Ginola is a joke. he is just running as marketing for a sports gambling company and does not even have 5 countries supporting/ nominating him which is the minimum you need.

I have a feeling van Praag and Figo might get back in as well as another few candidates (with one major name).

Whoever it is it better be someone from the outside and not Platini or the liked of him which will mean simply more of the same. This is a great chance to clean up and rebuild from the ground up.
              UPDATE

Chung Mong-Joon
              The South Korean politician and businessman is one of Asia’s most prominent football administrators, having headed the country’s soccer association and served as one of FIFA’s vice-presidents.
              On Wednesday, the day after Blatter’s resignation, Chung said at a press conference in Seoul that “many people” had been asking whether he would seek to run as Blatter’s replacement, and that he would, “carefully think about it before making a decision on whether to participate in the FIFA presidency election,” AP reported.
              He added that he planned to meet with global soccer figures and gather their opinions.
              Before losing his seat in 2011, Chung served as a FIFA vice-president for 17 years. He is also a controlling shareholder of Hyundai.

Michael Van Praag
              The head of the Royal Dutch Football Association was one of Blatter’s initial challengers for the FIFA presidency, but pulled out to throw his support behind Prince Ali on May 21.
              The 67-year-old had pledged to hold the presidency for a single four year term, during which he hoped to modernize FIFA and improve its transparency.
              On Tuesday, Van Praag hailed Blatter’s decision to step down, tweeting that it “may be a very big step in the right direction.”

However, it’s not yet clear if he’ll run again. He told Dutch media: “I am going to first of all meet with different parties in Berlin (at the executive board meeting of UEFA — the football governing body for Europe — which takes place on Saturday). Then I will be able to clarify my plans.”

Zico
              The Brazilian soccer legend — who represented his country in three World Cups — suggested he may be up for running for the FIFA presidency in a post on his official Facebook account. It was written in Portuguese, but the English translation reads:
              “Why not? Football is my life — a passion which I always took seriously both in Brazil and in other countries. I thought about it while having dinner with Sandra. My wife and kids support me. I was once Brazil’s Sports Minister, I have got club experience and support in Japan. I put football above politics. I still don’t have official support but if the position is open, I could announce my candidacy. It’s still just an idea, but who knows.”
              Zico is a hugely respected figure in international soccer, having managed clubs in Japan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Russia, Greece and Qatar, as well as the Japan and Iraq national teams. He is currently in charge of FC Goa in India’s Super League.
              "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

A few weeks ago, I really thought Qatar 2022 is a done deal and the World Cup will indeed go to the desert village, but in the last few days and the 'San Andreas" sized earth quake shaking FIFA's once solid ground, I am convinced with out a shred of doubt that Qatar 2022 will only be talked about in Bedouin folklore as the big one that got away!!...... The World Cup is going back to Civilized nations and Im proud that people have stood up to so much corruption and deceit....

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qatar-s...7--sector.html

Qatar says "prejudice and racism" behind criticism of 2022 World Cup

"PARIS/DOHA, June 3 (Reuters) - Qatar said on Wednesday there was no way it would be stripped of the right to host the World Cup despite the corruption scandal surrounding FIFA, dismissing a "bashing campaign" of criticism of its 2022 bid as anti-Arab prejudice.

Foreign Minister Khaled al-Attiyah said Qatar would one day show "who is behind this campaign against Qatar", suggesting the country was being unfairly targeted over allegations of graft in the vote that won it the Cup, and of abuse of migrant workers.

"It is very difficult for some to digest that an Arab Islamic country has this tournament, as if this right can't be for an Arab state," he told Reuters in an interview in Paris a day after Sepp Blatter's resignation as FIFA president.

"I believe it is because of prejudice and racism that we have this bashing campaign against Qatar," he added.

U.S. prosecutors stunned international soccer last week by indicting 14 senior administrators and business figures over what they say was a pattern of bribery and corruption in the sport. A U.S. law enforcement official told Reuters on Wednesday that the investigation would also look into the bidding that awarded the Cup to Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022.

Switzerland has also launched a criminal investigation into the Russia and Qatar bids. Blatter announced on Tuesday he would resign, just four days after securing re-election"

I like these middle-eastern type threats ....... "one day we'll show them" LOL ...... how about you show them TODAY, why wait for "one day" or some day"
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Qatar to be stripped of 2022 World Cup, according to country's whistleblower

DailyMail

Comment

How many threads do we need on this subject??
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                        How many threads do we need on this subject??
                        If there are many threads might as well combine them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X