Offseason Persian Gulf League Bits and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offseason Persian Gulf League Bits and News

Instead of opening new threads for news on PGL teams and players (other than transfers) in the offseason and cramping the front page, I thought it would be nice to report and discuss them in one thread.

Few interesting (and in pure IR style bizarre) developments regarding Perspolis and one promising one for Naft:

Possible Game Against Inter Milan

Apparently discussions have been ongoing about a possible game between PP and Inter, but the details have yet to be finalized. Haji Nejjadfallah has said that Branko has given the green light to the game, but if the negotiations can't be finalized for the current teams, there will likely be another oldies game.

Branko has left Iran and threatened not to come back

Apparently he hasn't received any money at all since he signed the contract [what else is new], has left Iran, threatened not to come back and is negotiating with other clubs!!! Nejjadfallah has said Branko's threat is not serious and they are trying to pay him the money as soon as possible, but he can't say when that will happen. Also, Branko never submitted a wish list of players to the club for next season.

Nouri with $800k offer from Qatar

He says he has an offer from Qatar, but his priority is to play for PP and make the fans in Iran happy. But apparently no one has even contacted him from PP to let him know whether they want him to stay for next season!

A new "transfer committee" in Naft

Naft management have a created a new committee within the club that is responsible for all transfers into and out of the club. This committee has the sole and exclusive rights for talks and negotiations on any transfers and interested parties can no longer talk to anyone else at the club [this looks like a good anti-dallali movement with much more oversight than having various individuals within the club being involved - another positive development from Naft].

A thread like this was needed. Thanks Bi-honar. The forum needs to become more organized.

Comment

A French coach is Esteghlal's new first choice

Bernard Simondi, former Qatar U23, Guinea and Burkina Faso coach

Comment

I really hate this coach changing culture we have in lige bartar.. There is no such thing as loyalty from neither the clubs, players or coaches..
        Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

I hope both Esteghlal and Persepolis relegate.

Ohh and I also hope they don't sign ANY players from Naft.

Comment

IPL coaches picked their team of 2014-15 season for 90 website (Note, they couldn't pick players from a team that they coach themselves)

Mehdi Tartar selection

Firooz Karimi selection

Behrouz Makvandi selection

Hossein Faraki selection

Majid Jalali selection

Faraz Kamalvand selection

Amir Ghalenoi selection

Dragan Skočić selection

Farhad Kazemi selection

Alireza Mansourian selection

Yahya Gol Mohamadi selection

Samad Marfavi selection

http://90tv.ir/news/106821/%D8%B3%D8...86%DB%8C%D8%AF

Comment

Team of 2014/15

Comment

^ The only reason Mohammad Nouri is there is because they were scared of not putting a player from Perspolis.
                Mobali, Navidkia, NarimanJahan and few others played much better.

Comment

Here's my team of the year using a 4-2-1-3

Beiranvand

Ramin Rezaian ,,,, Carlos Santos (zob) ,,,, Aghily. ,,,,, Hajsafi

Haddadifar. Ando

Vahid Amiri

Sharifi. Edinho. Khalatbari

Comment

I don't think any Perspolis players should be on the best team this year. The same goes for Esteghlal as well with the exception for Ebrahimi. I expect the majority of this list coming from Sepahan, Tractor, or Naft players.

Comment

Wow, the contract of 14 of Naft's players has expired at the end of the season according to V3, with 9 of them being regulars in the team and attracting a lot of attention from other teams - that's excluding PAG whose contract expired mid-season.

With Mansourian rumored to go to EsEs and Naft having serious financial problems this season, it's likely they even have to be receptive to good offers for the players that are still under contract, like Amiri and Beiranvand.

The 14 players whose contracts expired at the end of the season are:

ایمان مبعلی، حسین ابراهیمی، دیوید ویکروم، سیامک کوروشی، علیرضا عزت کرامت، غلامرضا رضایی، کمال کامیابی نیا، پادووانی، امین حاج محمدی، وحید حمدی نژاد، وحید شیخ ویسی، عباس بوعذار و دوناوان لوسین

There is just over two months left to the resumption of ACL, we can all see why Iranian teams fail to maintain their good run in the competition. They basically need to put a full team together by then and get it up to speed - an impossible task if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                      X