AFC U-19 CHAMPIONSHIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karimi_jaadogar View Post
    means us as persians of bahrain are bekng spied upon during the match and later they will call u for questioning... might happen and might not and the securities try to recognise ur faces... and araba come and chant for uzbeks against iran and the list goes on and on
    Cockroaches ... Are you Bahraini?

Please stay safe.

Comment

now we just need to smash saudi

Comment

Highlights

Comment

IR IRAN COMPLETE ASIA'S KOREA REPUBLIC 2017 LINE-UP

/ Oct 25 2016 /

Isa Town: Reza Jafari’s brace booked Islamic Republic of Iran a place in the semi-finals of the AFC U-19 Championship Bahrain 2016 on Monday evening as Amir Peiravani’s side handed Uzbekistan a 2-0 defeat to also qualify for the finals of next year’s FIFA U-20 World Cup in Korea Republic.

A goal in each half from Jafari sets up a meeting with Saudi Arabia in the last four, and also sees the Iranians qualify for the finals of the global youth tournament for the first time since 2001.Jafari’s two well-taken goals were backed up by a resolute defensive performance by Iran, who largely limited Uzbekistan to a series of attempts from outside the area that caused goalkeeper Shahab Adeli few problems.

After making a raft of changes for his side’s final group match against China, Uzbekistan coach Jasur Abduraimov reverted to his preferred starting line-up as the Central Asian side set their sights on qualifying for the FIFA U-20 World Cup for the third tournament in a row

.It was the Iranians, though, who made the strongest start and, by the 13th minute, Peiravani’s team had taken the lead. Abolfazl Razzaghpour’s free kick into the box was miss-controlled by Reza Shekari before the ball fell at the feet of Jafari and he thumped his shot beyond Umidjon Khamroev.Uzbekistan pushed for the equaliser throughout the remainder of the half, but the Iranian defence restricted their opponents to attempts from long range.Jasurbek Yakhshiboev slalomed his way into the area, only to see his shot blocked, before a series of attempts by Sharof Mukhitdinov from distance.

The first from 30 yards was just over the bar while a free kick from similar distance was collected by Adeli at the second attempt. Meanwhile, Khojiakbar Alijonov’s shot hit the side netting 11 minutes before the break.Less than two minutes after the restart, Iran doubled their lead, this time capitalising on some slack play in midfield by the Uzbeks.

Shekari picked up possession just inside his own half and played a quick ball forward into the path of Jafari, who outsprinted Islom Kobilov before slotting the ball past Khamroev.Another Mukhitdinov attempt flew over before Shekari squandered the chance to put the outcome beyond doubt when he dragged his attempt at goal well wide of the target, while with 18 minutes remaining Husniddin Gofurov missed the opportunity to pull Uzbekistan back into the game when he headed over the bar from less than six yards out.

The Uzbeks continued to press - and Shahab was forced to make a spectacular one-handed save from Yakhshiboev in the dying seconds -
          but Iran’s disciplined backline gave little away as Peiravani’s team closed out the game to seal an historic result.

Photo: Lagardère Sports

Comment

Iran vs. Saudi Arabia
            Thursday October 27
            16:15 Local Time
            9:15 EST
            6:15 PST

Comment

Guys, as critical as we've been on the boys and Peyrovani, let's not lose track of the fact that no other team has scored on us yet (i.e. excluding own goal, we have a clean sheet in this tournament).

I think that's quite an accomplishment considering we've already played and eliminated the defending champions, Uzbekistan who were in 3 of the last 4 semi-finals and Japan who showed today how strong their offense is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Guys, as critical as we've been on the boys and Peyrovani, let's not lose track of the fact that no other team has scored on us yet (i.e. excluding own goal, we have a clean sheet in this tournament).
                I think that's quite an accomplishment considering we've already played and eliminated the defending champions, Uzbekistan who were in 3 of the last 4 semi-finals and Japan who showed today how strong their offense is.
                Also ... we scored a legit goal on Japan (went over the line), which many consider the strongest team in the tournament, which was wrongfully disallowed.

I honestly think the team has some good standout talents, which include Soltani, Razzaghpour (LB), Omid (captain) and yes, even Shekari (attitude adjustment - but he created the second goal for Iran by his lonesome).

Comment

We have qualified to the U-20 World Cup, that's all what matters. But now that we are facing the Saudi's, we better beat them as well. Nothing would give me more joy than beating Saudi-Arabia in Bahrain.

Comment

I excepted the Uzbek team to be faster but see how Reza Jafari owned their defense

Comment

Uzbekistan, the country of chokers in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Uzbekistan, the country of chokers in football.
                        Don't forget the new super-power in Asian football --> China

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          Don't forget the new super-power in Asian football --> China
                          I rate Uzbekistan a lot higher than China though.

Comment

Uzbekistan played real well. They just needed finishing for this game. They have a good future and present.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Uzbekistan played real well. They just needed finishing for this game. They have a good future and present.
                              Quite early for such a statement. I will recognise their quality if they qualify for a World Cup. Until then, they are somewhere in the top 5 - 8 of Asia.

Though the team and the players are like many ex Sovjet countries, quite skilled and technical. Looks like a cheap version of Russia / Ukraine NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Quite early for such a statement. I will recognise their quality if they qualify for a World Cup. Until then, they are somewhere in the top 5 - 8 of Asia.

Though the team and the players are like many ex Sovjet countries, quite skilled and technical. Looks like a cheap version of Russia / Ukraine NT.
                                Well, they're on the outside looking in until they qualify. No doubt. But they have the ability to become a staple in the top 5. They just need to get the right results.

Comment

Working...
                                X