Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most IMPORTANT goalscorer in PGPL 2014/15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the most IMPORTANT goalscorer in PGPL 2014/15?

Usually we measure strikers or wingers by the amount of goals they score per season, not taking in context what was the situation of the game and how meaningful the goal was. A goal that wins you a game 2-1 is MUCH more valuable than a hattrick including the 3,4, and 5th goals of a 7-0 lobsided match. Generally Iranian clubs are tricked into buying strikers who scored a lot of goals the previous season, but they were goals that didn't matter, so when the new player came to the club and didn't make a good impact, the fans and board were suprised, when they should have not been. So I did a little bit of research and here is what I found, who was the MOST IMPORTANT goal scorer in the PGPL 2014/15. Only goals that directly led to a team getting a result were counted (the 1st goal in a 3-1 win was counted, but the 3rd goal in a 2-1 win was not, you can have a arguement that the 3rd goal gives the team a cushion, but goals that had direct impact on the match are much more important). In the brackets are what was their position in the overall goal scoring chart:

1. Edinho - 13 key goals/30 games - 0.43 key goals per game
    2. Soroush Rafaei - 6 key goals/15 games - 0.4 key goals per game
    3. Sharifi - 10 key goals/26 games - 0.38 key goals per game
    4. Nong - 5 key goals/14 games - 0.36 key goals per game
    5. Rezaeian - 8 key goals/27 games - 0.30 key goals per game
    6. Pereira - 8 key goals/28 games - 0.29 key goals per game
    7. Shahbazzadeh - 8 key goals/30 games - 0.27 key goals per game
    8. Delir - 5 key goals/21 games - 0.24 key goals per game
    8. Hassanzadeh - 6 key goals/25 games - 0.24 key goals per game
    10. Taremi - 6 key goals/26 games - 0.23 key goals per game
    11. Ansari - 6 key goals/30 games - 0.20 key goals per game
    11. Ebrahimi - 6 key goals/30 games - 0.20 key goals per game

What we can observe from this list is that Shahbazzadeh is severly overrated, despite being the 2nd best scorer in the league, he only scored 8 goals in 30 games which gained Esteghlal a result, putting him 7th on our list.

Edinho confirms his place as the league's best forward this season with 13 out of his 20 goals being key goals, leading our list in both the number of goals and ratio.

Rafaei's numbers really showed how much Foolad missed him, despite playing 15 games he has 6 key goals and 0.4 key goals per game, meaning essentially Sarbazi cost Foolad the league championship.

This list also tells us the Ramin Rezaeian was the MVP of the league with 8 key goals as a RIGHT BACK, he not only helped his team defensively but with his set pieces, crossing and unprecedented scoring rate for a RB. It is safe to say without Rezaeian Rah Ahan would have been relegated in week 25 as Rezaeians goals won his team 12 out of their 31 points, meaning without Rezaeian they would have ended below MIS

If you're looking at their profligacy, then you gotta bring assists into the equations as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
      If you're looking at their profligacy, then you gotta bring assists into the equations as well.
      i was thinking about doing that, but because of lack of data from PGPL i decided to focus on who is the most important goalscorer

Comment

Still this is easy. Edinho was the bright spot for Tractor and he saved them in many games. I would put Sharifi 2nd as he made some clutch goals for Sepahan

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
          i was thinking about doing that, but because of lack of data from PGPL i decided to focus on who is the most important goalscorer
          Also number of games played can be deceptive as someone like Edinho is a fixed player as opposed to Taremi that came off the bench more often than not. Number of minutes played would give you a much more comprehensive picture.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
            Also number of games played can be deceptive as someone like Edinho is a fixed player as opposed to Taremi that came off the bench more often than not. Number of minutes played would give you a much more comprehensive picture.
            true i will do one according to minutes played in a day or so and post it here

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
              I watched every games highlights and wrote down from who the assist cam in my transfermarkt match reports. But not every game had highlights, remember the 2 weeks where Jaame Jam had mess with the federation,
              and sometimes in the higlights I couldn't see who passed, but it was mostly about goals which came from an defender.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X