X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHAME Persepolis: not paid Michael Umaña Salary

BAD FROM PERSEPOLIS MANAGERS.

http://www.nacion.com/deportes/legio...494850552.html

Yet again, one fo the sorkhabis bring SHAME upon Iran!!! time to bring these longi clubs down to the level they deserve to be on.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      Yet again, one fo the sorkhabis bring SHAME upon Iran!!! time to bring these longi clubs down to the level they deserve to be on.
      You really have no idea what these words mean do you?

Comment

I read today that he's going to stay at PP, good news if true

Comment

This league has talent, good players, and decent teams, but lacks any professionalism and has so much corruption. Realistically, the only way iranian football improves is if more players take the azmoun, jahanbakhsh, ezatolahi route.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
            You really have no idea what these words mean do you?
            Sorkabi explains itself: sork = red = PP, abi = blue = SS... right?
            Long is just something long red, I asked once, nobody really explained it, but is sounds SOOOO FUNNYY Looong haahaha Mordam.

Comment

Long is just something long red, I asked once, nobody really explained it, but is sounds SOOOO FUNNYY Looong haahaha Mordam.
              Esteghlalis are kisekesh not Longi, Perspolisis are considered to be called Longi, that's what Camran wanted to say

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                Esteghlalis are kisekesh not Longi, Perspolisis are considered to be called Longi, that's what Camran wanted to say
                What 04041374 jan said, don't worry bro, as another Iranian out of the loop for too long, not having anyone to talk to about Iranian football or anything Iranian in general before PFDC, I was the same way, I didn't know anything about these slogans, slang words etc

Comment

Long was a towel used in old traditional Persian bathhouses, I tried to find a google image of it for you but I couldn't find it during my quick search. Anyways, they traditionally were colored red with a few thick black strips on them, most of the time cheaply made with little material used so you could see light shine through the cotton strands. Well over the years it ended up being used for various cleaning duties. For example, if you rode a Taxi in Tehran, the Taxi driver would 99% of the time have a long (pronounced Loang) somewhere in the car, to either dry his sweat or use it to clean something in the car to windshield cleaning. The towels ended up being used a lot in car washes also. Construction workers would also use the towels as a cooling method by wetting them and wrapping it around their head. Nonetheless, the term LONGI was a "derogatory" term for Perspolis fans, referring to their red jerseys as long.

Edit: I also recall seeing shoe shiners use it to shine shoes in the bazaar in Tehran.

Comment

do these players not do their research before coming to iran. if it is too good to be true than it probably is not true.

looks like Edeniho is not coming back to iran either. he said he has "family issues" that is the key word in our football " i am getting the fuck out"
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Sigh..

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                        Long was a towel used in old traditional Persian bathhouses, I tried to find a google image of it for you but I couldn't find it during my quick search. Anyways, they traditionally were colored red with a few thick black strips on them, most of the time cheaply made with little material used so you could see light shine through the cotton strands. Well over the years it ended up being used for various cleaning duties. For example, if you rode a Taxi in Tehran, the Taxi driver would 99% of the time have a long (pronounced Loang) somewhere in the car, to either dry his sweat or use it to clean something in the car to windshield cleaning. The towels ended up being used a lot in car washes also. Construction workers would also use the towels as a cooling method by wetting them and wrapping it around their head. Nonetheless, the term LONGI was a "derogatory" term for Perspolis fans, referring to their red jerseys as long.

Edit: I also recall seeing shoe shiners use it to shine shoes in the bazaar in Tehran.
                        I found it for you
                        https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%84...le:GAMUCHA.jpg

and also a nice read on the subject:
                        http://bordobakht.com/global/news107816.html

Comment

nothing new. Have they not payed him at all or just a portion of his contract?

Comment

Working...
                          X