The answer to "Why don't we have more players in Europe?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many of our friends here, I have always asked myself the same question. But after putting some thought into it and speaking to a couple of players/club officials I have had the opportunity to speak with over the last month I've come up with the answer.

Answer: There is no generalized answer.

I remember not too long ago a poll was opened up asking this very question. Honestly, every possible answer was partially true. Every single player's situation is different.

Popular scenarios are:

- erhinicity issues....here's a prime example: Hasegawa to real Zaragoza. Here we have a slightly above average j league player who was able to attract interest from a liga adelante side. For an Iranian to have such an opportunity it took our aghaye goal last year karim ansarifard to get this exact opportunity.

- laziness. This one shouldn't be hard to understand, we have a lot of lazy players who are too "comfortable" in Iran and aren't willing to take the risk to leave their comfort zone even when given good contract offers and opportunity in Europe. As I said in one of the other threads, the media doesn't ALWAYS know about negotiations/offers. That being said there is a lot you and I haven't heard about.....and I can say that this scenario isn't a rarity in our football. I wanted to emphasize on this a lot because this is something I don't think is considered by many here.

- media BS. A lot of the time when we hear of someone having a contract offer and it doesn't go through, it's usually something made up by the media as a way to get a faster reaction or a higher price tag. You guys all know this I don't need to elaborate any further.

- interest from Arab clubs. Again something I don't need to elaborate on because of how common it is, the money they get their is nuts compared to Iran and Europe.

.......and many, many more.

All that being said I hope we can all speculate less on the reasons we don't see as many Iranians abroad as we would like. There are MANY reasons why that is and we should stop looking for a generalized answer.....that is my main point I'm trying to make here. With examples like azmoun, JB, and ezzatolahi setting a good example, we can all hope to see more of that but one thing is for certain: if we don't see at least two new transfers to Europe by the end of the summer, be 100% sure that the second reason I posted is the most common with our current crop.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Also Iranian players don't have this:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

I don't necessarily consider any of those guys good examples at the moment. We should all commend them for leaving Iran and I think Jahanbakhsh deserves a transfer upwards out of NEC, but I think many young Iranian players may be looking at those three and maybe wanting to stay in Iran even more. Even though these players may be trying hard, they are not really getting many opportunities. Hopefully this changes soon, but I think we might be in for more players staying in Iran and pointing to Jahanbakhsh to say, "hey look, that guy did well and hasn't even gotten 1 concrete interest from a good team. I will stay in Iran for the money, because I can see that Iranians are not progressing forward in Europe. Whatever the reason may be."

Comment

It's simple. Because we do not have quality agents. Players are products and need good salesmen to sell them or they dont sell by themselves and we do not have top level agents PERIOD.

Jourabchian is the only Iranian one who does not even care for Iranian players therefore our players will never end up in top clubs.

And we also lack top quality players compared to marketable players in the world which makes us invisible to foreign agents as well.
        Last edited by webmaster; 07-09-2015, 06:36 PM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          Also Iranian players don't have this:
          Qataris, Emiratis and Azerbaijanis have that and more of their players are stuck in shitty leagues than Iran. I think it has more to do with

1. Iranian players are not marketing themselves correctly, possibly out of ignorance, therefore there is an unfamiliarity with Iranian players in Europe.
          2. Visa issues from current political climate
          3. There have been more successes from Japan, for example, so clubs are more likely to take a chance on an average Japanese player than an average Iranian player
          4. The fitness level of the Iranian league doesn't necessarily make for a smooth transition to Europe. That goes for all of Asia but in Japanese, Australian and Korea leagues it's much less of an issue

Comment

One answer : MONEY. Iranians would much rather walk around tehran or Al Shotoor/Soosk/Gutter with tight ass, "Mod" clothes, and a nice car, then actually go work for something bigger and better in Europe.

Comment

To put things in perspective, a lot of "average" players from J-League get transfered to Europe every year.

This is nothing new, maybe it tells us that J-League isn't exactly a weak league if they keep buying players from there.

Also this is the first season Aria is playing in the 2nd division, he has been a stand-out midfielder for FC Tokyo and Cerezo for couple of years now, i can confirm because I follow him.

Plus his fav coach Popovic is head coach of Zaragoza, so that played a major role too.

Comment

The guy that is the agent with these players is Iranian. I forgot his name, but he is the agent of many Iranian and Turkish players
                http://www.transfermarkt.com/interna...rma/berater/79

Comment

Originally posted by serghe View Post
                  The guy that is the agent with these players is Iranian. I forgot his name, but he is the agent of many Iranian and Turkish players
                  http://www.transfermarkt.com/interna...rma/berater/79
                  Reza Fazeli? If that's him, he use to be the agent of Ozil as well till he was replaced by Ozil's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    Reza Fazeli? If that's him, he use to be the agent of Ozil as well till he was replaced by Ozil's dad.
                    That is him. He is a good Iranian agent that can get Iranian players to Europe. He was/is the agent of Karimi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam, Shojaei, Navidkia.

Comment

Is it this new Tapatalk update, or has PFDC forums been pretty dead lately.

The whole forum has been deserted lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Like many of our friends here, I have always asked myself the same question. But after putting some thought into it and speaking to a couple of players/club officials I have had the opportunity to speak with over the last month I've come up with the answer.
                        Answer: There is no generalized answer.
                        I remember not too long ago a poll was opened up asking this very question. Honestly, every possible answer was partially true. Every single player's situation is different.
                        Popular scenarios are:
                        - erhinicity issues....here's a prime example: Hasegawa to real Zaragoza. Here we have a slightly above average j league player who was able to attract interest from a liga adelante side. For an Iranian to have such an opportunity it took our aghaye goal last year karim ansarifard to get this exact opportunity.
                        - laziness. This one shouldn't be hard to understand, we have a lot of lazy players who are too "comfortable" in Iran and aren't willing to take the risk to leave their comfort zone even when given good contract offers and opportunity in Europe. As I said in one of the other threads, the media doesn't ALWAYS know about negotiations/offers. That being said there is a lot you and I haven't heard about.....and I can say that this scenario isn't a rarity in our football. I wanted to emphasize on this a lot because this is something I don't think is considered by many here.
                        - media BS. A lot of the time when we hear of someone having a contract offer and it doesn't go through, it's usually something made up by the media as a way to get a faster reaction or a higher price tag. You guys all know this I don't need to elaborate any further.
                        - interest from Arab clubs. Again something I don't need to elaborate on because of how common it is, the money they get their is nuts compared to Iran and Europe.
                        .......and many, many more.
                        All that being said I hope we can all speculate less on the reasons we don't see as many Iranians abroad as we would like. There are MANY reasons why that is and we should stop looking for a generalized answer.....that is my main point I'm trying to make here. With examples like azmoun, JB, and ezzatolahi setting a good example, we can all hope to see more of that but one thing is for certain: if we don't see at least two new transfers to Europe by the end of the summer, be 100% sure that the second reason I posted is the most common with our current crop.

I don't know why u overcomplicate things. Its very simple. The quality of Asian Football is low while players in Top Countries as well as Iran (Persian Gulf countries) still get reasonably good money. Its always a gamble to get a Asian Player as culture also plays a factor. That means as a European team you either want a sure thing (a very talented player which makes him worth the gamble) or you need sponsors. Japanese and Korean Players have a lot of money behind them so they can move to Europe a lot easier as many times the move is sponsored by big money behind them reducing the risk for EU teams to bring them to Europe. Iranian Football however is bank robbed and cant do much for the players. That make our players a big gamble and simply not worth the risk. So our players go to Persian Gulf countries instead.

Its all about the money and the management.

Comment

Multiple reasons

1- Non-euro player limit/quota in clubs makes clubs extremely stingy in picking non euro players.

2- non Europeans' fees are higher in some leagues and many of the clubs hesitate to invest that kind of money on an unknown player that may or may not flop.
                          In some cases the european players (especially the younger ones) provide a more solid investment for clubs (even if technically not on par)

3- matter of return on investment includes merchandizing and marketing venues in the player's home country. Not only Iran hardly makes a blip in the int'l markets for merchandizing prospects, we also don't have a strong copy right law to protect foreign companies coming with their merchandise. So no prospect of sales and revenues off the player's country either.
                          (that's why you see so many Chinese crappy players in Europe who aren't even half as good as our bench players)

4- poor agents with pretty low grade and inferior ambitions, who generally lack the right connections and network

5- extremely poor communicative abilities in terms of language

6- general laziness and comfort-oriented lifestyle of Iranians who can't be bothered with a little hardship to reach bigger goals

7- and if by sheer luck and chance, a club forgoes all the above obstacles and tries its luck with an iranian player, kfoolish insistence of ''money'' by the player who prefers lowly PG leagues for easy and relaxed atmosphere and lifestyle with lots of money and hardly and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by serghe View Post
                            That is him. He is a good Iranian agent that can get Iranian players to Europe. He was/is the agent of Karimi, Mahdavikia, Nekounam, Shojaei, Navidkia.
                            You forget one important aspect of iranian players not going to Europe : finance !

Let us be clear, beside the "good" clubs in Europe, all "average" clubs of middle range european teamps are playing players much less than an average Qatari or UAE team for example or TOP Iranian teams. For example, a middle ranked belgian or dutch team will pay max 10000/15000 Euros per month for the salary and you can reduce the high taxes which can reach around 50% of that amount. This makes 7500 USD (8200 USD) to play in middle ranked european team. The guys earn much more in the arab leagues and even in Iran. Don't forget, only good leagues in Europe and TOP teams are paying very good, it is not the case with others. Money is not anymore in Europe guys (except these big top teams or teams who want to reach the top level).

The good players here in Belgium, who were earning like 40000 Euros / month before taxes went to Russia becasue russian leauge was paying much better. This was the case of Mbark Boussoufa for example ... So many other examples like this exists ... Truth is that we iranians have a wrong picture of Europe which is bankrupt (again, except these top teams of very good teams) ...

Comment

Working...
                            X