Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 on 1 w/ Guam's Captain & future sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 on 1 w/ Guam's Captain & future sessions?

Hello everyone,

For those who may not check the front page all the time, PFDC's 1-on-1 chat with Jason Cunliffe (Guam's national team captain) went online on Friday, but got a bit overshadowed by the Beach Soccer World Cup news:

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...guams-captain/

I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread for any discussions of the interview and possible suggestions for future 1-on-1 sessions we may manage to get, type of questions to ask, etc.

Overall, my own impression of Jason was that he's an absolutely great, down-to-earth guy and very friendly, but at the same time a very hard-working and determined athlete.

I particularly liked what he said about Iran and Iranians, his expectations of the trip to Tehran and the political and cultural aspects of the game.

What did you like or dislike about the interview and/or questions asked, etc.?!

May I ask what did he think of our team?

Comment

did you conduct the interview yourself?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
        May I ask what did he think of our team?
        He basically says he has a lot of respect for Iran and mentioned us as the top seed in Asia. He also said that they would look at stealing any points in Tehran as a huge accomplishment.

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        did you conduct the interview yourself?
        It wasn't a formal interview in the sense that you get each response and then ask the next question. I sent him the list of all the questions and he responded in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

It wasn't a formal interview in the sense that you get each response and then ask the next question. I sent him the list of all the questions and he responded in writing.
          well done, I thought you were rubbing our superiority in his face just a bit but it gave me a nice laugh lol....damet garm
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Excellent interview man and congratz on joining the PFDC staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              well done, I thought you were rubbing our superiority in his face just a bit but it gave me a nice laugh lol....damet garm
              Thanks GA jaan. It's always difficult when you come up with the questions ahead of time because you have to anticipate what the answers are going to be and have a flow into the next question - so keeping the right balance between probing questions and not making your guest uncomfortable can be very challenging.

Originally, there were two questions about the Turkmenistan game and whether they think they can take away points in Tehran, but I merged them into one because I thought it may be viewed as an inferiority issue or TM bashing, so that may have changed the overall impression a bit too.

Overall though, my impression was that Jason and his team mates know that they're going to have a very tough match ahead of them, but they're up for the challenge and actually looking for the tough test to see where they really stand and how far they've come.

I'm sure they're going to put 110% into the game and are not to be taken lightly or underestimated by any means. Like he said, there have been a lot of changes since that 19-0 victory and it's not really on their minds at all.

Comment

did Guam just tie mexico 0-0 in Gold Cup yesterday?

thats a great result for them

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  did Guam just tie mexico 0-0 in Gold Cup yesterday?

thats a great result for them
                  that was Guatemala. Guam's part of AFC.

Comment

Working...
                  X