Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's IPL will feature 3 teams named Esteghlal...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year's IPL will feature 3 teams named Esteghlal...!

Should any of the shahrestani teams change name? What do you guys think?
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

More Esteghlals for Persepolis to beat
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

In the English league 1 there are more than 5 teams with "town" United.
      Last edited by jahandoost; 07-15-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Not a big deal, look at the Reals in La Liga or Bayers in Bundesliga.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          sigpic

Comment

There used to be more such as Bayer Urdingen and another one that I can't remember now.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

i do not think so, it is fine, you see this in Spain and in Latin america too, that in the same league you have teams with the same name. estudientes, Real, River Plate etc....Yes I see what you are saying, but it is fine. The root of these teams are the same, they were all created base on the old Taj team.
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

I understand what you guys are saying regarding the terms Real and United being used in reference to teams in Europe. But those terms make much more sense than "esteghlal." Real means royal which makes sense because Spain has been a monarchy for hundreds of years and some teams like Real Madrid were funded by the Spanish government/royals. And united makes lots of sense with football teams because it is referring to them as united, all as one, working together.

WTF is esteghlal? independence? Independence Tehran, Independence Khuzestan? Independence from what? Sounds stupid as fk tbh even for one team. Let alone 3.

Comment

I would change the names. There are so many good names to pick, why not have some flavor and originality. Look at the Holland league for example. Also, right now it appears as if these 3 teams are connected, but they are independent.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Esteghlal Tehran, Ahvaz and the third one is?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post

that different though.
                      one is BAYERN munich = Bavarian Munich.

One is Bayer not related to Bayern/Bavareian province.

agree on Reals.
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        Should any of the shahrestani teams change name? What do you guys think?

as far as I am concerend all teams except Perspolis can start with Esteghlal.

In fact I am planing to establish a new team myself in Azadegan league, "ESTEGHLAL Sabzevar Abad"

and we decided to use blue colour jerseys randomly as well.
                        for design reasons our team logo will have some rings similiar to Olympic rings as well, cause our designers find them to be very nice.....
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

There will only be one original esteghlal(taj)

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                            Esteghlal Tehran, Ahvaz and the third one is?
                            SS Khuzestan.
                            (I think)
                            Proud 2b part of #TrotsRabbleDogs as a working class dog, Oz Corbynite & jaded republican.

"I'll always walk around like a Persian popinjay, and no one's gonna stop me, honey!"―Freddie Mercury.

Comment

The more Esteghlal, the more probable chances for Persepolis to repeat the 6-0 scoreline against the same name this season

remember there is ONLY ONE PERSEPOLIS because Iran has only one heart which is RED and beating and an absolute necessity for Iranian football to live. :-)

sorry didnt want to hijack the thread but honestly this thread was asking for it.
                              Last edited by webmaster; 07-16-2015, 12:22 AM.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X