Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most decorated headcoach in Iranian club football takes charge of Malavan Anzali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most decorated headcoach in Iranian club football takes charge of Malavan Anzali

Tansim News, Friday July 17:

Amir Ghalenoei replaced Firouz Karimi in the Iranian football team.

He was sacked by Esteghlal Tehran after the Blues finished in sixth place in the domestic league last season.

Ghalenoei is the most successful headcoach in IPL and managed several clubs, including Esteghlal, Mes Kerman, Sepahan and Tractor Sazi, with two of which he won a total of five titles and two Hazfi Cups.

He was also the headcoach of Iran national football team from August 2006 to July 2007. Ghalenoei coached Team Melli in the 2007 AFC Asian Cup, where Iran was eliminated in the quarter-final.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

He has a very strong squad that he is taking charge of.....this team is more than capable of a top 5 finish. I'd love to see malavan in the ACL
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      He has a very strong squad that he is taking charge of.....this team is more than capable of a top 5 finish. I'd love to see malavan in the ACL
      amen
      http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=236787

but we need to be realistic, with the amount of title contenders we will have this upcoming season I don't think we will do better than a 7/8th place finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
        amen
        http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=236787

but we need to be realistic, with the amount of title contenders we will have this upcoming season I don't think we will do better than a 7/8th place finish.
        As much as I like GN, his history of doing well is encouraging and part of the reason I predict a top 5 finish. His last two seasons with SS have been subpar but I don't think he is the sole reason for it.....this season @ malavan will be a good challenge for him. If he can manage a top 5 finish I will gain some respect back for him as a manager, only an ounce though.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

GN's primary Coaching Strength is his Expertise in Team Building/Squad Selection..!!

his tactical coaching knowledge is weak as shitt, (his personality and attitude, even worse) but he sure Knows how to put a team together that would compete well in our domestic league..!!

if he is given a large purse, and authority to gather up his transfer targets, he can win IPL anywhere..!! Wonder if Malavan got the $$s to give him that chance..????

Comment

He will flop.

Comment

And Ali Daei said NO to Malavan in order to coach Saba Ghom! How does that make sense?
              sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
              >-----------------<
              Marg bar dictator
              >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                And Ali Daei said NO to Malavan in order to coach Saba Ghom! How does that make sense?
                Apparently to negotiations between malavan and Daie weren't serious at all. Daie was interested in the position. Also he is looking to buy a share of the club.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Will be interesting to see how Ghalenoei, who completely refused to play young players at Esteghlal, will now deal with having so many young talented conscription players at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    on the other hand, I don't like Ghalenoei's character at all.....
                    TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                      on the other hand, I don't like Ghalenoei's character at all.....
                      Exactly, which is why I strongly dislike the man and would never want him anywhere near Persepolis (even though that would never in a million years happen) or malavan. Let's see if he can at least manage to maximize the teams potential....I don't think he has had this kind of challenge in his career yet so it will be telling of him as a coach.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                      X