Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ AZ Alkmaar | 2015 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdot View Post
    Karimi at his peak at Bayern was far better in every aspect compared to Jahanbakhsh. He was playing champions league football in one of the biggest clubs in the world and to get to that level you need hunger and ambition.

The unfortunate thing about Karimi was his injury. He was no longer the same player after 28 and he could no longer be that player. He was already at the end of his career.
    That is not entirely true, to deny Karimi's reluctance in integrating into the new society is quite a bias job. Lack of passion for his career was the biggest obstacle hindering him from becoming a world class legend (Yes he could have definitely become a superstar legend) I remember his agent (Can't remember his name) used to say Karimi just doesn't love football and has little enthusiasm for it.

Of course his injury took a toll on his career at peak, but even after the recovery he just wasn't as motivated anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      This is such a widespread myth.

He got injured, that's what ruined him at Bayern and subsequently the World Cup. For those of who kept up with his performances at Bayern, he was constantly beating out their stacked midfield and was starting for Magath. All under a fitness-loving lunatic like Magath, who I remember, said that this notion of Karimi being lazy was ludicrous and that he was a hard-worker.
      oh we all remembered those days very well and followed him every step of the way. Magath did like him despite his k00n goshadi but after 2 years he decided to hang up the boots and take the easy route to Al-soorakh leagues. He never learned German or cared to elevate his game. He was shy and just listened to his ipod instead of interacting with players. He could've went really far but didnt care to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
        We have nothing but our poor scouting and youth football teams to blame for karimi. Do you think such a player would be unnoticed in a European or footballing country? A country like Germany would have discovered him at a very young age and had him playing in the bundesliga at 17 and 18 years old. Don't blame karimi. Yes, he isn't the best professional like Kia, but our own system is at a large blame
        You're too young to remember probably. He was discovered by Atletico at a young age but he refused to go there because of money or some other reasons. That would've been a huge boost to his career if he took that route.

We do have a shit scouting system but Karimi did have his chances. He had his chances at Bayern too. He was still good after the injury, but he simply didnt have the hunger and work ethic of people like Andranik, Nekunam, Mahdavikia, Hashemian and Daei. Part of it is because he is shy and growing up in Iran kids arent that ambitious so our players tend to take the easy route and not go all out. Similar to Haddadi in NBA and many others. Most our kids just dont have that drive when they grow up in Iran's k00n goshad system.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          You're too young to remember probably. He was discovered by Atletico at a young age but he refused to go there because of money or some other reasons. That would've been a huge boost to his career if he took that route.
          We do have a shit scouting system but Karimi did have his chances. He had his chances at Bayern too. He was still good after the injury, but he simply didnt have the hunger and work ethic of people like Andranik, Nekunam, Mahdavikia, Hashemian and Daei. Part of it is because he is shy and growing up in Iran kids arent that ambitious so our players tend to take the easy route and not go all out. Similar to Haddadi in NBA and many others. Most our kids just dont have that drive when they grow up in Iran's k00n goshad system.
          I disagree with this part. Haddadi was not correctly built for modern NBA. If you watch the league, the days of 7'+ centers is long gone. Small ball is the name of the game, so I wouldn't attribute his lack of impact to laziness. He could have dominated in an era less reliant on fast transitional play like basketball has become in the last few years.

When it comes to Karimi, he was lazy. There was the factor of injury and whatnot, but the guy was lazy, we can't deny that.

But with guys like Sardar, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatollahi, Mohammadi, etc. leaving Iran in their early 20's to learn and improve, I see the "Iranians are lazy" as a load of boloney.

Everywhere Iranians go, we take over all of the Doctor, lawyer, and engineering jobs. Don't lie to yourself and say that we are not ambitious or that we choose to take the easy route.

Iranians are some of the hardest working people in the world in my mind. Of course with any population there are outliers. Karimi happened to not have the same ambitions as most other Iranians, so he never reached his true potential. That's all.

Comment

Christian Santos speaks of his former team-mate Jahanbaksh in recent interview:

"What are your specific qualities and in what position to get their best right?

"I score very easily with my head. Not because I'm so tall, but my timing is good. Give me a good ball and it goes off target. Last year it was especially nice when Alireza Jahanbakhsh stood on the wing, we understood each other well. In addition, I can with a key in position a winger right-pass and thus speed up the game. I play myself prefer between the positions "nine" and "ten" in. Then you are difficult to cover and you're a little out of sight of the defenders. You can then utilize space and try to score. ""

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=277092

Comment

Serious rumors that Arsenal are after Janssen lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                I have been a huge defender of Giroud but the guy has been useless recently and seems not give a damn. Personally, Janssen would be a decent shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  He should stay another season in the Eredivisie, a transfer to the top of the Premier League would be way too early. Not to downgrade his performances, but becoming topscorer in the Eredivisie is easy and there are quite few players who flopped badly when they went to big leagues after they became Eredivisie topscorers. Alves, Van Wolfswinkel, Sightorsson, De Jong, Altidore etc.

Comment

FC Utrecht - AZ Alkmaar
                    Live stream:

http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/407230...423724|22|1|en

Comment

AZ scores after 3 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        He should stay another season in the Eredivisie, a transfer to the top of the Premier League would be way too early. Not to downgrade his performances, but becoming topscorer in the Eredivisie is easy and there are quite few players who flopped badly when they went to big leagues after they became Eredivisie topscorers. Alves, Van Wolfswinkel, Sightorsson, De Jong, Altidore etc.
                        Bony eventually too, good for Swansea shit for Man City

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                          I disagree with this part. Haddadi was not correctly built for modern NBA. If you watch the league, the days of 7'+ centers is long gone. Small ball is the name of the game, so I wouldn't attribute his lack of impact to laziness. He could have dominated in an era less reliant on fast transitional play like basketball has become in the last few years.
                          When it comes to Karimi, he was lazy. There was the factor of injury and whatnot, but the guy was lazy, we can't deny that.
                          But with guys like Sardar, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatollahi, Mohammadi, etc. leaving Iran in their early 20's to learn and improve, I see the "Iranians are lazy" as a load of boloney.
                          Everywhere Iranians go, we take over all of the Doctor, lawyer, and engineering jobs. Don't lie to yourself and say that we are not ambitious or that we choose to take the easy route.
                          Iranians are some of the hardest working people in the world in my mind. Of course with any population there are outliers. Karimi happened to not have the same ambitions as most other Iranians, so he never reached his true potential. That's all.
                          Haddadi was definitely lazy, I still remember some of the aspects in his personality. Always took pics of kebabs on his Twitter, and had problems with his manager because he was koon goshad. I remember reading an article about the Grizzlies coach lashing out at him once in training once because he was the slowest out of everyone in some running drill and Haddadi responded by storming out of the session cursing under his breath.

Comment

AZ 2 - 0 Utrecht

Utrecht needs to score 5 goals now to kick AZ out of Europa league 3rd round qualification

Comment

Yahanbax

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Yahanbax
                                Beautiful comment. I will print it and hang it on my wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X