FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifier: Iran - Guam @ Azadi Stadium, Tehran [03.09.2015]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    In every website I read, they keep mentioning Guam is expecting to face 90,000 people at Azadi. I mean, do you really think that many people will come to watch Iran play freaken Guam in the 2nd round of WCQ? Azadi will only be full if we play Korea/Japan or Saudi Arabia...

I will be surprised if even 10,000 show up
    https://instagram.com/p/7ITKFsLVDJ/
    Their mls player even said he expects 100k tomorrow. They actually think that they're relevant

Comment

But seriously i hope around around 25000 or 30000 show up..
      Its the first TM match in Azadi after 10 months if im not mistaken (last one being the 1:0 win over SK back in November) and its on a Thursday night so basically akhare hafteh. Add to that great weather tomorrow (28 degrees sun at kick off time).
      I hate those matches in Azadi with few thousand people.

Comment

If we lose I would propose all PFDC members commit suicid at same place and same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoost1984 View Post
          If we lose I would propose all PFDC members commit suicid at same place and same time.
          Suicide is nothing to joke about, I know you don't mean anything by it, but you have to always be aware that something's may appear as a innocent joke to you but it's a very serious topic for others who have been affected by it.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Iran won't lose holy....

Comment

Not sure if this was posted already... Pre-match News Conference

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoost1984 View Post
                I propose we all cut off our shambool at same place and same time instead.

Comment

Wasnt this game supposed to be played in Karaj?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Shambool? Do you mean Shombool? Or is that a different dialect? On another note, what would female members do?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                      Shambool? Do you mean Shombool? Or is that a different dialect? On another note, what would female members do?
                      They must accept any offer for khastegari from male members living near them

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        Sorry man I dont want to live without my shombool.

Comment

"We have an opportunity to do something that not many people can say they've done, so with our belief and our togetherness, I think we can get some positive results and really shock the world even more even more than we have to this point," Matao captain Jason Cunliffe said in an interview with the Guam Football Association media officer.

The last time the two countries played against one another was in the 2002 FIFA World Cup Qualifier. Iran won that match 19-0, the biggest win in its history, but Guam is a new team with a new confidence.

"We're going to go at them with everything we've got," Mariano said. "We're not going to sit back and take a beating. We're going to push forward and score goals."Guam is confident, Justin Lee — who plays with his identical twin Alexander and younger brother Nathan — told GFA.

Wins against India and Turkmenistan in earlier World Cup Qualifier matches have Guam sitting atop its group with six points, five ahead of Iran.

"It's going to be a tough match, but I think we all believe in the talent that we have and, athletically, I think we can compete with any nation in Asia; in the world, for that matter. If we go out there, stick to our game plan and play like we know how, I think we'll give them a run," Justin Lee said.

Aside from the high level of competition, the Matao will face other significant challenges. While many of Guam's players are accustomed to training in the considerable heat at home, the temperature in Iran could be at another level — in early August the heat index in Iran reached 164 degrees, hotter than a sauna. The Guam players will also have to make a quick adjustment to the 5.5-hour time change after a long travel day.

Given the challenges, sticking close to Iran seems like a reasonable objective, but the Matao want more.

Justin Lee said Guam is proving to be a contender and its goal is to advance to the next round of qualifying, meaning it would have to win Group D or finish as one of the best second-place teams.

Wins or draws against Iran at 12:30 a.m. Friday and at home against Oman next week would give the Matao a good chance of doing that.

"We're coming out for all six points," Justin Lee said. "Obviously they'll probably be tougher games, but with our preparation and our belief, I think we can come out and get all six."

Comment

Never understood this...if guys cut their shambools what do women bring to the table?
                            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifier: Iran - Guam @ Azadi Stadium, Tehran [03.09.2015]

It has always been like that even in the beginning of WCQ, whether it's Thailand, Lebanon, Guam or any minnow, they all say that they can beat top teams before matches.

Reality check in 18h.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                                Never understood this...if guys cut their shambools what do women bring to the table?
                                Love your name

Comment

Working...
                                X