Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian giants Japan, Iran to meet for first time in a decade

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...e-in-a-decade/

It was more than 10 years ago and that was the last time I visited Iran specifically for Iran-Japan game in Tehran. Great memories !!!

Comment

Have we played Japan since the 2006 qualifiers? that 2-1 win in Azadi was something special. Never forget Hashemians goal

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
        Have we played Japan since the 2006 qualifiers? that 2-1 win in Azadi was something special. Never forget Hashemians goal
        As the article has stated, this is the first encounter between Iran and Japan since the 2006 WC Qualifiers. About time, if you ask me!

Iran vs Australia encounter dates back even longer! The last time was the infamous 2-2 during the play-offs for 1998 WC.

But yes, I'm definitely looking forward to the Iran Japan game. Playing against Japan is always something special!

Comment

We need to face more teams of Asia. All we vs is arrange friendlies with Uzbekistan and SK.

Comment

can't believe its been 10 years!! it is hard to believe we have not had a match with them in Asian games or wc qualifiers for so long!!
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Noone to underline IFF good job for friendlies since the WC (even the friendlies prior to WC weren't that bad and logically chosen). For once, they do something good and coherent.

Comment

It was March 26 if 2005 when we played Japan in Azadi with 120 k fans

I was in the stadium that day and hashemian scored 2 goals for TM to win 2-1
                It was a wcq game

Wow I still get chills remembering that day 😉😉😉😉😉

Comment

good friendly, japan is good

Comment

Now lets beat Guam and end their idiotic 'unbeaten' run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Samurai Blue boss Vahid Halihodzic
                      Vahid? Is their coach Bosnian perhaps?

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                      can't believe its been 10 years!! it is hard to believe we have not had a match with them in Asian games or wc qualifiers for so long!!
                      That's exactly what was just crossing my mind. CANNOT believe it's already over 10 years ago! Feels like just a few years back.

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                      It was March 26 if 2005 when we played Japan in Azadi with 120 k fans

I was in the stadium that day and hashemian scored 2 goals for TM to win 2-1
                      It was a wcq game

Wow I still get chills remembering that day ����������
                      Man those days watchng our football was soooooo much more fun and exciting. I remember all members on these boards would go crazy over TM matches, as well as IPL's. Our stadiums would get packed even with TM friendly matches. What happened? Looks like many people lost their interests, not just abroad, but also domestically speaking!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one! It's gonna be one hell of a match and a great test to see where the true strength lies in Asia.

Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                        X