TM List- August 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    Maybe we could use Hajsafi or Dejagah in the play making position, would be cool to try out.
    we can play dejagah as playmaker, since jahanbaksh can play right wing,and hajsafi as left wing

Comment

Too many Gattuso type of midfielders selected by Carlos Queiroz. Except for Ezatollahi who i believe will be our future playmaker, but at 18 years he still needs to gain experience, playing countries such as Guam and India will be an excellent platform for him. We lack creativity and a playmaker besides young Saeed. Mobali and Rahmani should've been selected to make up in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Looking at the names, this is one helluva pacey team.
        It sure is doctor joon and if we were playing against much better teams in a counter-attacking game, pace would have been the way to go.

But, we don't need pace when we're playing against teams that are going to park the bus. What we need is a patient holding game and proper play-makers who can spot that ONE perfect through pass.

The Turkmenistan match was a perfect example of how pace on the flanks is ineffective against a much weaker park-the-bus team. We just ran up and down the flanks aimlessly at the highest tempo possible until we ran out of steam, got frustrated and got scored on after a lapse in the center of the field.

I'm VERY surprised to see we may be going for the exact same tactics again (as Khosro and Torabi's inclusion suggests). Only 1 of the 4 goals against India so far have come from crosses. The other 3 were scored exactly with the type of slow and patient build-up play that I alluded to above and in my article "the End-of-Summer Blues"

Comment

According to this, CQ is angry with Masoud for his abysmal performance in the game against Turkaministan and that's why he is not invited to TM anymore

http://90tv.ir/news/140806/%D8%A7%D8...A7%D8%B9%DB%8C

Comment

^ about bloody time, I say.
            Two entire years too late. But I'd take it.

@ Bihonar
            Bro, I don't think CQ's vision for this list is limited to these two games against minnows. I think he's trying to transform TM into a younger and pacier team for the next important round, where he's set his eyes on. And introducing the bunch of little or no experienced players at this round is the perfect thing to do.
            By the time we get to the next round, most of these lads would have settled into the rhythm of the team and gained good experience to go against better teams.

Frankly I am excited to see an all-new pacey TM going against Asia's top teams. With muscle and grit in the midfield (Ando, Ebrahimi, Hajsafi, PAG, ... ) and pace up front, Asia's going to have a world of hurt coming their way.

Comment

Bro, I don't think CQ's vision for this list is limited to these two games against minnows. I think he's trying to transform TM into a younger and pacier team for the next important round, where he's set his eyes on. And introducing the bunch of little or no experienced players at this round is the perfect thing to do.
              By the time we get to the next round, most of these lads would have settled into the rhythm of the team and gained good experience to go against better teams.

Frankly I am excited to see an all-new pacey TM going against Asia's top teams. With muscle and grit in the midfield (Ando, Ebrahimi, Hajsafi, PAG, ... ) and pace up front, Asia's going to have a world of hurt coming their way.
              Yeah, that's of course a VERY valid point. I'm just a bit cautious on getting ahead of ourselves and focusing on the next round after the Turkmenistan match.

IMHO, we should not be underestimating our opponents to the point that we're considering ourselves the defacto group leaders and be already preparing for the next round because one or two more bad results could very well mean, there won't be a next round.

On that note, as important as it is to build a team for the future, be it the next round or the World Cup itself, I don't think we should lose focus of the task at hand and take things one game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                Too many Gattuso type of midfielders selected by Carlos Queiroz.
                thats nothing surprising..!! those are the sorts that fit his overall conservative system of play best ..!

Massoud and AK8 (& perhaps Khalatbari) been the only exceptions to that rule, but neither were really able to display their best attacking game, because there always been so much tracking back and defensive contributions which was also expected of them and none were particularly renowned for their mighty stamina either,so they could handle on a consistent basis all that was expected of them ..!!

CQ's favorite (& im afraid to say) just about the Only tactics(Mostly Defensive, Counter-attacking), works best in matches where TM is considered a clear under-dog, and opponents are attacking us..! many of good TM performances/results under his reign have come vs such opponents (Argentina, Chile, SK)..! if and when our opponents sit back and mostly defend, his TM has shown very little offensive variety and quality to break down such opponents, as Bi-honar alluded to in his post.
                Against minnows and especially those who park the bus, he has always just resorted to his usual Wing&Cross, and sending balls over the top hoping for a lucky bounce or an attacker getting a head to one of those balls or hoping/waiting for a Set-piece opportunity he can throw even more numbers in opponent box in order to have a better chance of a favorable connection towards opponents goal..!! (in fact MANY if not MOST of his TM goals has been scored mostly from a set-piece of sort..!)

I have alluded to CQ's Tactical ONE DIMENSIONALITY many times before here and the sever lack of an effective PlanB offensive approach if&when his TM suffer an early set-back in the game and is forced to come out of their defensive shell to chase a result and taking the game to their opponents. good examples, of this Shortcoming was the away loss to Lebanon and home defeat at hand of Uzbekistan which nearly killed most reasonable chance of us advancing to qualify for Brazil and the same happened vs Bosnia at WC and somewhat same thing vs Turkmenistan after they equalized and sat back for the rest of the game..!

massoud's football focus in the past year or so has shifted more towards earning $$s than changeling for improvements..! his performance and fitness as a result has dipped, he really did stink it up at Turkmenistan game too, hence he is overlooked by CQ and likely wont get another chance unless he proves in ambition by going back to europe..!!

Comment

------------------Haghighi-----------------------
                  Ghafouri---Hossaini----PAG--------Mohammadi
                  ------------------Ando----------------------------
                  ----------Dejaghah---Hajisafy--------------------
                  Jahanbakh----------------------Amiri----------
                  ---------------Azmoun---------------------------

I picked Hossaini and PAG just because i wanted to go with one veteran one youngster. It doesn't matter if its Kaanani or Montazeri
                  Dejaghah and Hajisafy should run the midfield and creat plays for the rest of the guys. I expect lots of Offence threw this lineup.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    ------------------Haghighi-----------------------
                    Ghafouri---Hossaini----PAG--------Mohammadi
                    ------------------Ando----------------------------
                    ----------Dejaghah---Hajisafy--------------------
                    Jahanbakh----------------------Amiri----------
                    ---------------Azmoun---------------------------

I picked Hossaini and PAG just because i wanted to go with one veteran one youngster. It doesn't matter if its Kaanani or Montazeri
                    Dejaghah and Hajisafy should run the midfield and creat plays for the rest of the guys. I expect lots of Offence threw this lineup.
                    This is definitely the best XI IMO
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      This is definitely the best XI IMO
                      im not convinced with ashkan in the middle, i would rather have him out wide and amiri out of the team and also that formation is wrong, CQ plays with two holding and on cam not the other way around. i was dissapointed nourollahi wasnt called up, i think him and ezzatolahi are the CM partnership for the next decade, but I would rather have PAG and Ando at CDM with Hajsafi at CAM, with Kanaani and Hosseini as our back line

Comment

^ about bloody time, I say.
                        Two entire years too late. But I'd take it.

@ Bihonar

Mr. Grape says:

Well said Doc. I agree with you 100% on this one. I'm glad Carlos said it himself. Hopefully this'll be a start to many good decisions going forward into the campaign.

Carlos has got his eye on the prize, as he should. It's time for a change, even if it means making a few riskes (as in this case, not inviting Shojaei this time).

Comment

1 Saeid Ezatollahi MF Rostov 1-Oct-96 19.17279667 19.17
                          2 Sardar Azmoon FW Rostov 1-Jan-95 20.94656489 20.95
                          3 Mehdi Torabi FW Saipa 10-Sep-94 21.26023595 21.26
                          4 Mohammad Hossein Kanani D Malavan 23-Mar-94 21.73490632 21.73
                          5 Ali Karimi MF Sepahan 11-Feb-94 21.84594032 21.85
                          6 Milad Mohammadi D Rahahan 29-Sep-93 22.22068008 22.22
                          7 Mohammadreza Akhbari GK Tractor 15-Feb-93 22.84802221 22.85
                          8 Alireza Biranvand GK Naft 22-Sep-92 23.25329632 23.25
                          9 Mehdi Taremi FW Perspolis 18-Jul-92 23.43650243 23.44
                          10 Murteza Pouraliganji D Tianjin Teda 19-Apr-92 23.68632894 23.69
                          11 Kaveh Rezaei FW Zobahan 5-Apr-92 23.72519084 23.73
                          12 Omid Alishah FW Perspolis 10-Jan-92 23.96391395 23.96
                          13 Ramin Rezaeian D Perspolis 21-Mar-90 25.79597502 25.8
                          14 Ehsan Hajsafi MF Sepahan 25-Feb-90 25.86259542 25.86
                          15 Mehrdad Ghanbari D Zobahan 22-Nov-89 26.12630118 26.13
                          16 Alireza Haghighi GK Rubin Kazan 2-May-88 27.70575989 27.71
                          17 Vahid Amiri FW Naft 2-Apr-88 27.78903539 27.79
                          18 Vouria Ghafoori D Sepahan 20-Sep-87 28.33032616 28.33
                          19 Omid Ebrahimi MF Esteghlal 16-Sep-87 28.34142956 28.34
                          20 Ashkan Dejagah MF Al Arabi 5-Jul-86 29.55725191 29.56
                          21 Khosro Heidari MF Esteghlal 14-Sep-83 32.40249827 32.4
                          22 Pejman Montazeri D Al Ahli 6-Sep-83 32.42470507 32.42
                          23 Anranik Teymourian MF Umm Salal 6-Mar-83 32.93546149 32.94
                          24 Seyed Jalal Hosseini D Naft 3-Feb-82 34.03469813 34.03

Comment

Rouzbeh Cheshmi , Meysam Majidi ,Sharifi , Kamyabinia, Pourghaz , Makani, Mazaheri will go to UAE to get visa for Guam.

Comment

Working...
                            X