TM Training [PHOTOS] | ahead of Guam & India | WCQ 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    And will he be able to play a full 90 minutes in the next match? I'm always curious why he gets subbed out around the 60 minute mark.
    im not even so sure its a form or fitness issue..!!
    ive noticed he often seem haphazzard and gets subbed after he scores a goal..??
    may be he is sorta too excitable and he gets irregular heartbeats after he scores big goals ??
    in that SK game in Azadi when he scored and then resorted to diving in middle of the pitch just to catch his breath ..? vs iraq, getting oddly subbed by CQ after scoring..!!

?? dont know really, but something is up with him , doubt its purely a physical matter..??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      im not even so sure its a form or fitness issue..!!
      ive noticed he often seem haphazzard and gets subbed after he scores a goal..??
      may be he is sorta too excitable and he gets irregular heartbeats after he scores big goals ??
      in that SK game in Azadi when he scored and then resorted to diving in middle of the pitch just to catch his breath ..? vs iraq, getting oddly subbed by CQ after scoring..!!

?? dont know really, but something is up with him , doubt its purely a physical matter..??
      He's been playing around 75 minutes for Rostov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Lol Ashkan and Ando seem to be good friends. I can see Ashkan as being the quite friend who gets upset easily, and Ando is the guy that always keeps cracking jokes and getting under his skin a little; and when Dejagah actually ends up getting angry Ando does something over the top funny which in turn makes Dejagah laugh and lose his anger. I would love to hang out with these guys!
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Midcareer coaches are cheaper and more dedicated to the job. You just have to spot the right one.... If CQ was great, someone else would have hired him before Iran, trust me. I talk to Portuguese and they all agree that he is famous, but none said he's a tactical genius.
          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Guam had a training camp in Japan and they arrived in Tehran today:
            http://www.guampdn.com/story/sports/...iran/71546604/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

They have a better Kit provider than TM, wtf is this?

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
                They have a better Kit provider than TM, wtf is this?
                Guam is a province of the United States, so it is expected that they would get a name like Diadora as their sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  Guam is a province of the United States, so it is expected that they would get a name like Diadora as their sponsor.
                  I know, but its remarkable and maybe even tragic that the federation cant find one company to sponsor TM with proper gear. There are so many suppliers. I think they are to lazy to even read or send emails.

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
                    I know, but its remarkable and maybe even tragic that the federation cant find one company to sponsor TM with proper gear. There are so many suppliers. I think they are to lazy to even read or send emails.
                    E-mail? Do you remember the "letter" that was sent to the AFC after the whole Iran-Iraq match debacle during 2015 AFC? The English was horrendous.

Comment

Welcome to Iran, Guam!

Comment

Footage from training: https://www.facebook.com/Navad90/vid...3578463909712/

Comment

can somebody please explain to me; how is Heydari a professional football player, let alone a member of a National team
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            can somebody please explain to me; how is Heydari a professional football player, let alone a member of a National team
                            What he do?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              Awesome video, got me so pumped for the game! Can't wait to see TM kick Guam's ass. Thanks for sharing
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                                1.) the guy has the gas to run for days. You, me, and any normal, non-professional person in the world can not likely run at the level that Heydari does. Coaches like players who can hustle.
                                2.) on a good day, the guy is a game-changer, and has provided excellent crosses in the past for TM, and is fairly good in the IPL to this day. One of his crosses could be game-changing.
                                3.) he is highly experienced, and has a good attitude. He is a team player who is not selfish. He is willing to make the last pass instead of being a ball-hog.
                                4.) probably most importantly, the guy has excellent ball control. So many times, I've thought he would be stripped of the ball, but it seems like it is always glued to his feet. This is an important for any coach, as he keeps possession down the wings, and has often brought the ball into the top of the box for dangerous passes and crosses.
                                5.) the guy is also a great defensive minded player. CQ's tactic relies on defense and a speedy counter-attack. Heydari is the molded player for that type of tactic. He is a box to box player. Honestly, in his prime, he would have been great in Europe if AN wasn't president and our players had the opportunity to leave Iran.

Cons of Heydari:
                                1.) he can keep his head down on runs, and despite getting in the box, he can make some bad passes and crosses. This seems to be where most of the hate against him comes from.
                                2.) he is not a finisher, so he often passes where he should shoot, and some are frustrated by that.
                                3.) when he is matched up on the wing with a player who is not a good passer, he can be ineffective. Dejagah and Heydari click as teammates. Even from their first match together. Sometimes, players just have that innate chemistry, and it is rare to be able to teach that. When Heydari is paired up in the back with Ghafouri, I sense some confusion on their wing, as they sometimes bump into each other. The problem, they are similar players, and they make similar decisions, so they're both making the same runs. They do not seem to have that innate chemistry.

As a result, I understand why he is still called up. He is a veteran, consummate professional, and a workhorse. If he is paired up with Ashkan on the wing, believe me, he will have a great game. They will tear up the opposing wing defense. Since he has been used more as a RW or CAM recently, I don't think he will be used that way.

My point , Heydari has many clear strengths that should be looked at from an objective viewpoint. Weighing his positives against his negatives, I can clearly see why he is still invited. I do agree he has negatives, but being honest, no player is perfect. All of these new players will show their flaws over time. Hopefully with more European training, players will be brought up to make less errors in football 101 (running with the head down).

For today, I can see why Shojaei was invited for so long, as is Heydari now. Nobody has developed yet to 100% replace them, and they are team players. They have flaws, but all of our players of the last generation did. Even Nekounam has games where he showed particular weaknesses (playing the ball back too often since he lacked the speed to turn and start a counter. Much of our slow build up play can be attributed to Nekounam's age and lack of speed. The guy is a rock defensively though, and obviously has many other positives).

So yes, picking at players' negatives is easy. If we look at all of the positives of each player compared to their negatives, it is clear why CQ picks the players that he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X