• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    Which game? The friendly against SK?
    vs Turkmenistan

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
      wtf is up with azmoun? he has cramped in almost all of his outtings. he seems like a bit of a pussy tbh
      exactly my thoughts.
      He is a sissy pussy justin bieber version of Ali Daei. His tattoo and his instagram postings are facepalm worthy.
      Still he is scoring left and right so i can live with Justing Bieber at TM
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I can't wait to see AJ back with this team. We had way too many bad crosses today. A lot of them coming from Amiri. AJ has killer crossing ability he will have no problem finding the targets in the box.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Azmouns's stats certainly shows that he is off to a great start and we cannot judge him as he is still developing as a player. Look at his pictures from just a year ago compared to today, physically he is becoming a beast. He is certainly doing very well and doesn't deserve to be called a sissy.
          sigpic

Comment

Ashkan has real quality. His crosses were all on point. The only thing that's dissapointing is he has become much slower. His debut vs. Qatar he made the rest of our team look slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
              exactly my thoughts.
              He is a sissy pussy justin bieber version of Ali Daei. His tattoo and his instagram postings are facepalm worthy.
              Maybe you forgot to read his tattoo - 'Love me for who I am'

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                Ashkan has real quality. His crosses were all on point. The only thing that's dissapointing is he has become much slower. His debut vs. Qatar he made the rest of our team look slow.
                Totally agree. He could not get by any Guam defender. I remember him vs Qatar and thought that he was one of the best Asian playersin the last 5 years, but his decline at such a young age has proven me wrong

Comment

I just wanted to add in that Omid Alishah's debut was interesting. He has good poise on the ball, but he was definitely nervous. It was funny that his first touch was getting the ball kicked into his face on our own player's cross lol. Then he flubbed that 100% goal when he headed the ball with his shoulder blade. The guy has potential, but his debut had its funny moments. Hopefully he improves.

Comment

There were some promising performances from our youngsters today, but still too early to start rating players. Team was far from being together and there is a lot to be worked on. Our mid-field did not do well and there were a lot of confusion there even against Guam. Nekou's spot is badly empty! .. Fitness problems were also very noticeable today. Unfortunately, our clubs don't focus much on fitness and although it is already a month into the start of the league, players still look in summer vacation. CQ is a very smart coach. He knows what he has in terms of squad and readiness. He can fix the fitness issue, but he needs to get experience in this team and the federation would need to do something soon by arranging good friendlies.

That said, the thing that stood out the most for me today, after following all Asian qualifiers games, was the wide gap that exist amongst the teams in Asia. The 5-0, 6-0, ....... and 12-0 were just too ridiculous of a result for world cup qualifiers. Why even bother with teams like Bhutan, Quam, Laos and the likes in this level of competition! ... This is a total waste of resources for top teams and nothing but humiliation for the lower ranked teams. AFC should come up with a preliminary round just for the minnows and only allow the top winner to compete at the next level.

AFC should also re-think its final qualification format where teams compete in two separate groups of 5 teams. It is not a very fair system. A better system would be a South American qualifying style, where the top 10 Asian teams play in one group with a round robin format. It would be lot more exciting and very fair. Can you imagine, 1.Iran, 2.Korea, 3.Japan, 4.Australia, 5.Saudi, 6.Uzbekistan, 7.Qatar, 8.N Korea, 9.UAE, 10.Iraq in one group fighting for the top 4.5 qualification spots? ... And you can even throw the OFC champion (New Zealand) in and have yourself a 5 spot for grab competition. Those would be some exciting games to watch .. it would certainly raise the bar in Asia. Guam is a waste of time and energy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                      exactly my thoughts.

In what way is that relevant to his fitness or overall play?

And he is a sissy? Do you watch how he either uses his power, finesses, or aerial superiority in almost all his games for TM and in Russia?

He was involved in every goal that was scored when he was on the field. What else do we want? Who cares about Instagram or how a player looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                        I just wanted to add in that Omid Alishah's debut was interesting. He has good poise on the ball, but he was definitely nervous. It was funny that his first touch was getting the ball kicked into his face on our own player's cross lol. Then he flubbed that 100% goal when he headed the ball with his shoulder blade. The guy has potential, but his debut had its funny moments. Hopefully he improves.
                        I've noticed people use the term "100% goal" or "sitter" very loosely on these forums. I am not picking on you, yours is just the most recent I have seen.

Often times I am reading the updates on game day and people are yelling about missed 100% chances. Then I come and watch the game and it is not what I expect at all.

Alishah's was a good chance, but I wouldn't really call it a 100% goal from that distance and with players around him. Just IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                          I've noticed people use the term "100% goal" or "sitter" very loosely on these forums. I am not picking on you, yours is just the most recent I have seen.

Often times I am reading the updates on game day and people are yelling about missed 100% chances. Then I come and watch the game and it is not what I expect at all.

Alishah's was a good chance, but I wouldn't really call it a 100% goal from that distance and with players around him. Just IMO.
                          Correction: that is a goal if Azmoun or Dejagah or Nekounam, or a player of that quality/experience was given that cross.

Comment

Iran - Guam player marks

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                            In what way is that relevant to his fitness or overall play?

And he is a sissy? Do you watch how he either uses his power, finesses, or aerial superiority in almost all his games for TM and in Russia?

He was involved in every goal that was scored when he was on the field. What else do we want? Who cares about Instagram or how a player looks?
                            I think sissy is a not the appropriate word, but you seriously have to question sardar's attitude.

The guy can never seem to put 90 mins together. If he lacks the fitness, he should make it his mission to improve that aspect of him.

He is professional player playing in Europe. There should be no excuses. It feels like the kid thinks he has already made it. So he just chills in training.

Comment

I would say that azmoun needs to start proving himself more. Yes he is talented, but he has actually regressed a bit imo. He is too pooroo for his own good. He reminds me a bit of balotelli.

Comment

Sardar scored 2 goals and had 2 assists ..Dige che entezari darin az in bache..

Comment

Working...
                                X