Azadi Stadium Pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azadi Stadium Pitch

I know that Azadi is by far Iran's best venue and field, but I seem to feel that there is one thing haunting the play of teams at Azadi, and that the length of the grass seems longer then most pro fields
    We should get started with at least cutting the grass a bit shorter so that our TM can play a quicker game. I feel as if the length of the pitch has somewhat hindered our distribution.

yea i agree. the grass seems a little long and the passing always seems a little bit sticky

Comment

isn't it amazing with all the technology, education and worldwide access to information, we only have one descent pitch in Iran? WTF!!!
      Can any one answer why?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
        isn't it amazing with all the technology, education and worldwide access to information, we only have one descent pitch in Iran? WTF!!!
        Can any one answer why?
        You can ask one of the following groups
        1. Assad soldiers
        2. Lebanese Hezbollah
        3. Hamas
        4. Iraqi Shia para militaries
        5. Yemeni Houthis
        6. AN gang residing in Turkey and Canada atm
        7. IRGC

Enough said!

Comment

rofl the chaman-zan is too lazy, they give him kabab before work time. he can't move.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            1. Assad soldiers
            2. Lebanese Hezbollah
            3. Hamas
            5. Yemeni Houthis
            7. IRGC

Enough said!
            If you were a girl, I would track you down and marry you!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
              rofl the chaman-zan is too lazy, they give him kabab before work time. he can't move.
              I read an interview with Ando recently where he actually addressed this issue. He basically said that the reason the grass is so long is because the surface underneath is essentially burned and peeled off due to neglect and a total lack of timely fertilization/maintenance by the grounds crew. Maybe somebody with knowledge of how the pitch is supposed to be maintained could shed more light on this. The mentioned interview was posted on footballitarin but I don't have time to dig it up right now.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                I read an interview with Ando recently where he actually addressed this issue. He basically said that the reason the grass is so long is because the surface underneath is essentially burned and peeled off due to neglect and a total lack of timely fertilization/maintenance by the grounds crew. Maybe somebody with knowledge of how the pitch is supposed to be maintained could shed more light on this. The mentioned interview was posted on footballitarin but I don't have time to dig it up right now.
                A lot depends on the grass seed they use. Furthermore Azadi is not fed water before game or during half time, which most European stadiums put water on the field minutes before the game so the ball moves quicker on the field.

There is a reason why the grass is kept high as there are seeds out there that you can't cut super short and still have strength.

I am no expert, but the people who maintain the field at azadi know more about this than a football player. It's more sophisticated than planting a seed and watering.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, pdot. I agree that it is a complex science but I highly doubt the Azadi crew know anything. Any competent grounds keeper would be able to maintain that pitch better than those guys.

Comment

Why change it? It gives us home advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                      Thanks for sharing, pdot. I agree that it is a complex science but I highly doubt the Azadi crew know anything. Any competent grounds keeper would be able to maintain that pitch better than those guys.
                      It depends on money. For years Iran had coaches that weren't competent and now we pay 5-10x for CQ's salary. If Azadi had the funds they could go out and bring a professional groundsmen and have them do their job.

That's the problem. No one is going to come to Iran and work for the wages of the groundsmen.

Comment

1. Assad soldiers
                        2. Lebanese Hezbollah
                        3. Hamas
                        5. Yemeni Houthis
                        7. IRGC

Enough said!
                        Foreign policy of Iran shouldn't even be a reason why all the money is being vacuumed.

Iran is the most wealthy nation in the world in terms of natural resources. This totalitarian regime under our retarded supreme leader is full of corruption. They don't give a damn about football. All the money is being sucked up and laundered by the crooked mfers in charge.

Comment

1. Assad soldiers
                          2. Lebanese Hezbollah
                          3. Hamas
                          5. Yemeni Houthis
                          7. IRGC

Enough said!
                          It's not the foreign aid, it's the dozds within IR that steal multiple times this money.

Comment

Working...
                          X