No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Oman - Iran @ Sultan Qaboos, Muscat; 08-10-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghafouri was horrible today in the right back slot and Heydari is even worse. Montazeri is now more of a center back than a right back. We need Beitashour.

Hajsafi isn't a left back, we need Pooladi.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Another away game where queiroz's style and tactics makes a average or sub par team look world class. We better hope we get the hardest possible group in the next round since those are the only teams queiroz can get reusilts against. I bet we beat Japan with the same lineup.

Comment

No need to stress.
        Look at the big picture.

1 - Teams have bad days
        2 - Oman historically has played very well against us.
        3 - At least the team came back, that shows character.
        4 - We are still 1st and our destiny is in our own hands.

Negatives for me
        1 - We still have no real playmaker
        2 - Team was physically weak today. That is usually our bread and butter
        3 - Many players are suffering a shocking drop in form.

Japan game should be another good test.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
          He's like the only dude who doesn't go
          Up and down in form. Hosseini is just ficking Hosseini [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Except when he got decked in the Nigeria game

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Fortunately we have the Japan friendly upcoming, we need it badly.

Yes, we need stil work on our defence tactics ,like every game . That game will help fix our problems .
            Last edited by tufun; 10-08-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
              Except when he got decked in the Nigeria game
              Lol emeineke is a tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

do remeber the omanis had a domestic team manager, at least an arab one....or was it an french arab again?

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                  do remeber the omanis had a domestic team manager, at least an arab one....or was it an french arab again?
                  Do you mean the sarparast?
                  Or the head coach?
                  Because the head coach (or manager) is French.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    No need to stress.
                    Look at the big picture.

1 - Teams have bad days
                    2 - Oman historically has played very well against us.
                    3 - At least the team came back, that shows character.
                    4 - We are still 1st and our destiny is in our own hands.

Negatives for me
                    1 - We still have no real playmaker
                    2 - Team was physically weak today. That is usually our bread and butter
                    3 - Many players are suffering a shocking drop in form.

Japan game should be another good test.
                    - We were lucky that Oman was afraid of Iran and sat back after scoring the goal. Had they continued attacking they would surely win. BTW, this was one of the luckiest TM goals.
                    - We are still first (barely) in a group with Oman, Guam, Turkmenistan, and India. We have so far tied two of these super powers.

.... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                      - We were lucky that Oman was afraid of Iran and sat back after scoring the goal. Had they continued attacking they would surely win. BTW, this was one of the luckiest TM goals.
                      - We are still first (barely) in a group with Oman, Guam, Turkmenistan, and India. We have so far tied two of these super powers.
                      For point 2 I could care less who the opponents are. In today's football anything is possible. The gap between teams gets smaller and smaller.

How was it a lucky goal. Its exactly what TM needed. Penetrative play. If anything it was very logical and no luck involved in it.

Comment

Yes it's true last time we beat Oman was 14 years ago as the announcer mention with CQ we also lost 3-1 in a friendly to Oman few years ago.But seriously I don't know why Fifa gives out these stupid rankings we are not top 50 in the world and definitely not number 1 in Asia.I don't care for other Asian sides but if Iran is asia's best then for someone who maybe watched this game for the 1st time they are going to think to themselves wow this was asia's best team.

Comment

CQ said Oman played better but a draw was fair.
                          He was happy with how TM fought but not the play.
                          Said despite the camps they still didn't adapt to the weather.

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94071610741/%...AF%DB%8C%D9%85

Comment

Oman was gassed at the 60th minute while our team was still running on a full tank thanks to our TM's conditioning, credit the coaching team for that. Also there was nothing lucky about our goal, it was a very clever pass to the left which allowed acres of space for HS to put a hard cross into the box and Hossaini converted. How is that considered luck.
                            He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt, for he has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Comment

We could concede the second goal before equalizing. Thankfully the Omani forward missed it.

Comment

An average game against an average team our dark horse Oman

Our team was completely out this game. 6 shots against 2 and they seemed exhausted due to the heat and other unknown issues. On one of our worst days, we got a decent result against a dark horse that had beaten us 3-1 in our last encounter in Muscat.

Our next challenge is even more stressful. Turkmenistan; a team that we have never beaten. We have the worst head to head record against this team compared to any other team in Asia. I hope we break the dead luck and send them home packing with many goals. The only way to break these teams confidence is to score a 6-0 on them so they can't rise against us no more.

When we were grouped with these dark horses Oman and Turkeminstan, I wasn't happy as we don't have good head to head record against them.

Couple of questions (concerns) to raise here:

1- Why on earth Gucci and JB are injured for such a long time. They don't seem to be accompanying our team in this campaign and that's hurting us big time. Our youngsters could be a sub to them and I think they should show patriotism and help the team in the rest of our campaign by focusing on a quick recovery.

2- Why we are using players in wrong posts. It was so obvious today. We are using a CB in RB and at times RWB. And I don't understand why Quieroz isn't using a great player like Beitashour. He not only strengthen our defense line but he also can direct the team better than our current Captain. With all respect to our great teymourian, he might be a good player but he hasn't been a solid captain. I understand BA may not be the best candidate for being a captain due to his lack of Farsi knowledge and communication problems, however his presence can solidify our defense line while helping Teymourian in leadership and help us in transition between back line and the front. The guy is one of the best in MLS in a strong team like whitecaps and he has no place in our team?!!! Is Quieroz trying to use him and others after this round? My concern is that this approach is very risky.

I'm sure though that we make it to the next round even though everything will depend on our last match against Oman in Tehran to know the leader of the group, however weak result can hurt our confidence. This JB, BA and Gucciless team will have problems in the next round. The federation must do something to strengthen our team whether by sending more capital on better preparations and recovery of injured players.

LAST NOTE: I can't complain much on a day that world football was shocked by Jordan beating Asian champions Australia! And North Korea drawing 0-0 against philipinos in Korea! I take this draw on our worst day. Sigh of relief. Oooooffffff it was close. 6 shots against 2. Oh god we just escaped this time
                                sigpic
                                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                                IRAN
                                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Working...
                                X