Foreigners in TM Melli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreigners in TM Melli

I really can't figure out why we're so against foreign footballers in the TM Melli. There are many footballers born in different countries that play for different national teams right now. Klose, Podolski, Sterling, Costa are just a few of the very many. Why do we make fun of the Arabs for doing it when the best national teams in the world do it too? Personally I think it would be great to have someone like Edinho on the national team or other foreigners that love Iran enough to want to represent them. Stop with this bs 1900's method of thinking. We're in 2015 now, we should encourage this.

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
    I really can't figure out why we're so against foreign footballers in the TM Melli. There are many footballers born in different countries that play for different national teams right now. Klose, Podolski, Sterling, Costa are just a few of the very many. Why do we make fun of the Arabs for doing it when the best national teams in the world do it too? Personally I think it would be great to have someone like Edinho on the national team or other foreigners that love Iran enough to want to represent them. Stop with this bs 1900's method of thinking. We're in 2015 now, we should encourage this.
    Costa is a terrible example. Spanish and Brazilian fans don't like him, because he is a mercenary type player. Same as the Arab players and teams who you seem to admire so much.

Klose, Podolski... these guys grew up in Germany. They speak German, are German citizens and will probably live in Germany once they're retired.
    You can't compare that to some third rate South American who just wants some money and will play for any nation shamelessly.

Comment

First off why would we want Edinho to be in TM when our current TM forwards are much better...

Secondly none of the examples you gave are what arab teams are doing. Teams like Qatar take a fully grown man, give him a passport and let him play for their team. Every example you gave are people who were brought up from birth or very early on in that country, COMPLETELY different. Thirdly using players like that does not benefit you in the long run as it benefits your development of players none at all.

Also why do you want to copy teams in asia who can't achieve anything...

Comment

Costa is the worst example. No one likes him and he's terrible.
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

The Iranian national team is for Iranians. Simple as that.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Let say if we allow foreigners, who do you think make our team better? I would add Son Heung Min (FW/RW/LW), Ki Sung Yueng (CMF), Keisuke Honda(FW/AMF), Omar Abdulrahman (AMF), Massimo Luongo (MF) and Vitaliy Denisov (LB) from Asia to our team.

So our line up would be

Beiro
            Ghafouri-Kanaani-Ganji-Denisov
            Keisuke Honda-Ki Sung Yueng-Massimo Luongo
            Son Heung Min-Azmoun-Dejagah

Comment

Move to qatar already ya akhi.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^ Mr KC shoma khodesho narahat nakon ye harfi zad doostemon. Avale sobi roozet kharab nashe dadash!

Comment

TM is only for true Aryans! [emoji12]

LOL. Joking. Don't kill me!

Comment

Depends. If a foreign footballer has lived in Iran for over 5 years gaining an Iranian passport, shows affection for Iran and speaks the language, and has the qualities which could help our team I wouldn't mind it but I guess I am in the minority here.

Still, at the moment I don't believe third rate South Americans or Africans in the IPL are superior to our current players so we don't really need it.

Comment

Our "lowly IPL" defenders took on the worlds greatest South American attack and they did very well. We dont need third rate SA/Africans on our team. What we need is decorruption of IPL and name recognition in Europe. If our players who cant get out of Iran/Qatar can take on Messi and co for a full game with some adjustments and heavy corruption breaking, we can beat anyone with our own.

Comment

So let me get this straight. If a foreigner was raised in Iran for most of his life none of you would have a problem with him, correct?

Comment

So let me get this straight. If a foreigner was raised in Iran for most of his life none of you would have a problem with him, correct?
                          You are incorset.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            You are incorset.
                            Is that like your favourite word

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                              Let say if we allow foreigners, who do you think make our team better? I would add Son Heung Min (FW/RW/LW), Ki Sung Yueng (CMF), Keisuke Honda(FW/AMF), Omar Abdulrahman (AMF), Massimo Luongo (MF) and Vitaliy Denisov (LB) from Asia to our team.

So our line up would be

Beiro
                              Ghafouri-Kanaani-Ganji-Denisov
                              Keisuke Honda-Ki Sung Yueng-Massimo Luongo
                              Son Heung Min-Azmoun-Dejagah
                              Why Abdulrahman... I don't see all the hype about him.
                              For me, an Asian team to join us:
                              Honda
                              Son
                              Cahill
                              Kagawa
                              Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X