Fifa 17 Iranian League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
    Idk about South Korea but I'm pretty sure China and Turkey have a lot of copyright problems
    Well China isn't exactly in the game now are they? And Turkey has LOTS of support for their league and numerous star players in their league. Also I don't think their copyright problems are that major.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      Well China isn't exactly in the game now are they? And Turkey has LOTS of support for their league and numerous star players in their league. Also I don't think their copyright problems are that major.
      Well, actually, EA recently made a deal with China to add their league to the game, and they even got the licences for 4 teams and are planning to get licenses for the whole league. Also, a lot of my Steam friends who are from Turkey say that most people in Turkey pirate games. Not to mention almost every game made has Chinese language support. If they didn't put that in to appeal to people in China, why else would they? And the main reason most games in Iran are pirated are because the originals are hard to find there, and that once again is because of sanctions. So it's perfectly possible that EA might look to Iran to sell their game, especially after seeing what a football crazy nation they are. I mean, for God's sake, even Netflix has said they are looking to broaden their horizons into Iran. Now who would have thought of that?

Comment

I've seen threads for FIFA 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 to vote for our football league to be in EA's next edition of FIFA.

I have voted each time as I did now, and have told others to vote as well.

One time I believe we were first with most votes.

But, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

My question is, why are we an option for people to vote since we don't sell anything copyrighted? Why is our league an option? They should remove us from the list because it is a big waste of our time. They'll never add us to the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
          I've seen threads for FIFA 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 to vote for our football league to be in EA's next edition of FIFA.

I have voted each time as I did now, and have told others to vote as well.

One time I believe we were first with most votes.

But, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

My question is, why are we an option for people to vote since we don't sell anything copyrighted? Why is our league an option? They should remove us from the list because it is a big waste of our time. They'll never add us to the franchise.
          Well, I don't think the poll is made by EA. And plus, even the Afghanistan league is on the list, so I don't think being on the list is exactly a big deal. It's getting a lot of votes that matters. But then again, you're right, our league probably won't be added anytime in the near future, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Well, actually, EA recently made a deal with China to add their league to the game, and they even got the licences for 4 teams and are planning to get licenses for the whole league. Also, a lot of my Steam friends who are from Turkey say that most people in Turkey pirate games. Not to mention almost every game made has Chinese language support. If they didn't put that in to appeal to people in China, why else would they? And the main reason most games in Iran are pirated are because the originals are hard to find there, and that once again is because of sanctions. So it's perfectly possible that EA might look to Iran to sell their game, especially after seeing what a football crazy nation they are. I mean, for God's sake, even Netflix has said they are looking to broaden their horizons into Iran. Now who would have thought of that?
            You can pirate games from anywhere in the world, question is do the STORES sell pirated games too? I strongly doubt Turkey does that and as for China, it's a large ass country so I think they can still make a hefty profit and perhaps a deal that they'll hunt down stores that sell copyrighted games in China. Iran you could buy fake CDs like you could buy guns in US.

Comment

You can pirate games from anywhere in the world, question is do the STORES sell pirated games too? I strongly doubt Turkey does that and as for China, it's a large ass country so I think they can still make a hefty profit and perhaps a deal that they'll hunt down stores that sell copyrighted games in China. Iran you could buy fake CDs like you could buy guns in US.
              Well, I'm sure the main reason for that was that the real authentic copies of the games weren't available to begin with. Maybe with the removal of sanctions, that'll change.

Comment

In order to offset pirating many companies provide discounted games specifically for that market to fight piracy. Thats what they do in China, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  In order to offset pirating many companies provide discounted games specifically for that market to fight piracy. Thats what they do in China, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia...
                  Might explain why EA are putting Chinese teams in their game, assuming Kiam isn't bs'ing.

Comment

Well, I'm sure the main reason for that was that the real authentic copies of the games weren't available to begin with. Maybe with the removal of sanctions, that'll change.
                    Okay I wasn't aware of that, now that I think about it I don't remember the official games ever being present in stores. Perhaps this could be astart, but thing is the official games are gonna be stupid expensive in Iran so I don't know if enough people would buy it for EA to see potential in the Iranian market.

Comment

the fact that indian league has most votes is really, really sad considering its the weakest league of all the ones mentioned

Comment

Okay I wasn't aware of that, now that I think about it I don't remember the official games ever being present in stores. Perhaps this could be astart, but thing is the official games are gonna be stupid expensive in Iran so I don't know if enough people would buy it for EA to see potential in the Iranian market.
                        Well, like Nokhodi said, they may reduce the price in certain countries so it sells more. Better to make less money from a country than no money at all. And no, I'm not "bs'ing" the Chinese League thing. EA got the licenses for 4 teams, and they want the rest of the league too. You can search it up

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          the fact that indian league has most votes is really, really sad considering its the weakest league of all the ones mentioned
                          It's just because there are so many Indians in the world that they have more people to vote for it XD

Comment

1. India, if I remember correctly, made a serious attempt to crack down on copyrighted products in their country.

2. Lots of people in India are willing to buy EA's games which equates to $$$$$ for them so strength so far is completely irrelevant.

3. It does help they've had numerous marquee signings in their league which neutral consumers would be attracted to since they can play with the likes of Pires, Trezeguet in FIFA which is nostalgic for them. Don't know how many of them are still playing in the Indian league but there are still numerous big names there I believe. All these factors give EA reason to put their league in the game. $$$$ talks at the end of the day. EA doesn't give 2 shits about the quality of any leagues, they care about demand and ONLY demand

Comment

1. India, if I remember correctly, made a serious attempt to crack down on copyrighted products in their country. 2. Lots of people in India are willing to buy EA's games which equates to $$$$$ for them so strength so far is completely irrelevant. 3. It does help they've had numerous marquee signings in their league which neutral consumers would be attracted to since they can play with the likes of Pires, Trezeguet in FIFA which is nostalgic for them. Don't know how many of them are still playing in the Indian league but there are still numerous big names there I believe. All these factors give EA reason to put their league in the game. $$$$ talks at the end of the day. EA doesn't give 2 shits about the quality of any leagues, they care about demand and ONLY demand
                              This is true. But EA have legend cards which pires and trezeguet are already apart of. They are very high rated. Now their ratings would be like 70's or 60's . It wouldn't make sense. Ljunberg i believe played there as well and he has a legend card too

Comment

This is true. But EA have legend cards which pires and trezeguet are already apart of. They are very high rated. Now their ratings would be like 70's or 60's . It wouldn't make sense. Ljunberg i believe played there as well and he has a legend card too
                                Difference is, you can play with them without relying on UT. In offline friendlies, in seasons or etc all because they'd be officially part of the game unless they're not in the Indian league anymore. What I'm saying is that's why there's a good chance their league will eventually make the game. Quality has no say here, demand is all that matters.

Edit: So yeah just found out R. Carlos, Materazzi, Lucio, Mutu and a host of other notable foreigners are in the Indian league right now. Now they really have a case for EA.

Comment

Working...
                                X