No announcement yet.

TM Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We attack the game with "brute force" against teams that are supposedly "weaker" than us and did not play with any serious or disciplined tactic. Every player thinks they are better on an individual level and because of that we fail to play well as a team. TM needs to humble itself in front of EVERY opponent and act as if on an individual level the other players (on the other team) are just as good, if not better than them. I say this only because it has been these sorts of mentality that has lead to TM's greatest wins. Whether it was against South Korea or Argentina in the WC , we played best when we play as a team. I know what I am saying may sound obvious and even somewhat stupid, but if you look back at almost every major upset loss TM has had in the past few years, it has been because we have arrogantly put our players abilities above the opponent's and because of this have "relied" only on individual sparks of talent to win the game.

Point being; tm has to play more like a team and take its opponents more seriously. Every time we play a "weak" opponent we struggle or only win because of a few sparks of brilliance but that mentality won't take us far if we are only going to view big teams as SK or Japan, or WC teams. We got to see all teams as "big"

Comment

CQ has no motivation, And ando as well as ashkan suck now.

Comment

People just look at team names and the FIFA rankings. Oman is no joke. They're a great team and played beautiful football today for long stretches. Why don't we ever give our opponents credit? Why do we always blame our players for losses instead of congratulating the other team's performance?

We're in a transition phase right now with a lot of young new faces. It's best we get it out of the way now during the first stage of qualification. Let's not forget that the first round of qualification hasn't been a cakewalk since at least WC2006 qualifiers. Has everyone forgotten 2004? how we were INCHES away from not making it to the WC2006 final round of qualification? It took a miracle - convincing hashemian to return to the team - and hashemian's beautiful performance in Doha to take us into the final round of qualification. And what happened then? despite almost crashing out in the first round, we won the easiest qualification to the world cup in TM history, qualifying with a game to spare!

Relax people, this is the best time to work out growing pains. From my perspective, we have reason to be excited. Our team will be a great mix of experience and youth. Dejagah, Gucci, Haghighi, Hosseini and Teymourian leading the youngsters - Sardar, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatollahi, Pouraliganji.

What I'm really hoping is that CQ is able to uncover one more star for us.

Comment

Actually, Oman are stronger than Qatar and Bahrain. And we tied both in the last WCQ (we even got happy when we tied Bahrain in stoppage time)

Comment

we were poor today, but look, poand was poor but got the draw, even australia lost, and germany lost, the key is to play till 90th min and try to score and not lose, if you dont lose is the key

Comment

We need to bring back Ansarifard, Davari, and Beitashour to get better results.

Comment

We saw a lack of depth today that hurt our team. Our players are all emotional, and it is important to recognize this. They play based on how they are feeling that day. We were lacking any real competition for our players on the bench today. All of the starters today feel that their spot is safe. Azmoun played a lazy game, and we saw Gucci play some lazy games when there was nobody challenging his #1 position. When we had Jahanbakhsh, Gucci, Ansarifard, Davari, Beitashour, etc. in the line-up, our starters seemed to play with a fire under their butts. Today, there was nobody on the bench that was knocking on the door.

We need to avoid having a team of established starters and a bench full of guys who are either too young to play, or are clearly not ready. Call up guys who are immediately challenges for the top spot, and you will see a difference in the effort our boys put in.

Believe me, if Ansarifard were on the bench today, Azmoun would be running people over to score. Who was really on the bench today to make Sardar look over his shoulder that he may lose his spot? We saw the products of a thin line-up today. Our starters were solid choices, but the remainder of the squad needs improving. I 100% advocate calling up Gucci, Ansarifard, Jahanbakhsh, and Beitashour next time. Davari wouldn't be a bad option, despite him not playing. It give Haghighi the feeling that he's not the only Euro goalie riding the bench on the team. They can compete, and bring the best out of Biranvand who will likely surpass them both.

This is a learning experience, and hopefully we have less injuries and a solid lineup in the games next month. We need a full and strong list of 23. Not 11 starters and a revolving door of 12 other players. Everyone in the starting 11 should fear for their position. Less lazy and lethargic play will be seen that way.

Comment

I dont think we need to worry about "not advancing", coz we will. no doubt.
                  But the worry is there has been one too many sub par and low quality performances that usually get covered and hidden by narrow wins (where many fail to recognize the piss poor quality of the opponents).
                  Here's the thing. when we struggle so against such weak opponents, then we can be sure we'll find things much MUCH more difficult against top asian teams in the next round.

lets not hide behind defeating the likes of guam or india or ... . That gets us nowhere

time to rethink our tactics and strategy. What we're doing right now is clearly not incisive or decisive. when something doesnt work properly, sensible people try to change things. CQ has to rethink his strategy. He shd see it clear as day. Better change things now while we face weaker teams, than be forced to change when we face the top teams with the qualification on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    I dont think we need to worry about "not advancing", coz we will. no doubt.
                    But the worry is there has been one too many sub par and low quality performances that usually get covered and hidden by narrow wins (where many fail to recognize the piss poor quality of the opponents).
                    Here's the thing. when we struggle so against such weak opponents, then we can be sure we'll find things much MUCH more difficult against top asian teams in the next round.

lets not hide behind defeating the likes of guam or india or ... . That gets us nowhere

time to rethink our tactics and strategy. What we're doing right now is clearly not incisive or decisive. when something doesnt work properly, sensible people try to change things. CQ has to rethink his strategy. He shd see it clear as day. Better change things now while we face weaker teams, than be forced to change when we face the top teams with the qualification on the line.
                    Our players were fine in AC, I just feel like this team lacked fitness and good focus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Players were fine. But our team tactics and performance was certainly not

Comment

Overall: This was a very poor performance by us as a team. The most frustrating thing was that they beat us to the ball 100% of the time. Wether it was in the air, or on the ground, every single exchange they got the ball first. Then they had a quicker counter, and we barely were able to do anything with all the speed we had. Poor passing from our players.

Indiviudal points:
                        - Haghighi seemed out of place a few times today but i dont think the goal was his fault or that he was truly tested much 5/10
                        - Hajsafi has once again proved why he is not a defender and how it is a waste to have him there, however he had a good assist 6/10
                        - Ghafouri is extremely fit and fast, his defending is decent, but his crosses work maybe 5% of the time 4/10
                        - Montazeri played smart and was fine today 6.5/10
                        - Hosseini saved us with a goal and was okay today 8/10
                        - Ando is playing very poorly in the past few games. He is not calm at all, and cannot complete simple passes, his marking is off, and so are his tackle. Only his hustle has remained. 5.5/10
                        - Ebrahimi has not impressed me, and i feel that he is too short for this position 4.5/10
                        - Dejagah has lost all of his quickness and his dribbling is not a threat anymore. He has done a good job playing the free player role however 6/10
                        - Amiri was poor today and did not do too much 4/10
                        - Taremi had hustle but didn't contribute much offensively 6/10
                        - Azmoun was fairly invisible this game as well 5/10
                        - Torabi was to rushed and didn't complete simple passes 4/10
                        - Alishah and Rezaei N/A

I don't make excuses but i am sure the heat did have an effect on our players. However, it didn't seem like they were running out of gas, they just couldn't create anything offensively. Look at the plays Oman made, we had 2 shots the whole 90 minutes, barely did anything inside their box, and they put us under threat for majority of the match. I don't know why our team can't beat oman but this was a poor game. We are lucky to come out of it with a draw, and I hope we can start to fix some of the problems against Japan and from this point on as offensively we are not strong at all right now. I am sure Reza and JB will help with this a bit, but as a team we still need to do a lot more.
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I watched the match highlights just now and was totally disgusted. It felt like observing a bunch of amateurs. What exactly is CQ doing as far as coaching this team?! It did not appear there was any system in place. As I said before, CQ needs to be fired immediately... Iran is wasting its time hoping any improvements will come under his reign.
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

^ Everyone is afraid of the domestic alternative to CQ. I think we should go to WC with a different coach if we qualify.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

So sad Dejagah is playing in Qatar since over a year now. At 29 he should be in his absoloute prime right now and be our star player, playing in EPL or Bundesliga... But its clear his form has dropped after moving to Qatar. I know he earns lots of money there but its not like he was earnung few pounds or euros until last year. Im sure ge could have moved to Qatar or UAE after WC2018, then being 32 years old.

Comment

Did we get a replacement fitness coach btw or do we still not have one?
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
                                X