Who is our best goal keeper option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    Just a friendly advice: Afat jan. I don't know how old you are but I think you are a little over sensitive when you discuss about your opinion on this forum. I have noticed this many times and even got into an argument with you once. You look like a good person, so if I was in your place I would try to just tell my opinion about the issue, and hear the other side view. If someone has an opposite view just give your reason calmly and respect the person. We don't need to attack other people because their opinion is different than us. If they attack you personally then you can either respond back or just ignore them. I try to analyze the person who is arguing with me, if his reasoning is fair even if opposite to my view then I try to engage in argument otherwise ignoring is the best strategy. (I don't know what was the case here but I hope you consider this humble advice, good luck).
    If you check the other thread, I didn't say anything personal to ali alipour. I posted a response to him, and I was quite reasonable. People on this forum cannot handle argument. They stoop to personal insults implying I'm crazy, or whatever. It's fine. Even here, I wasn't even talking to anyone, and I was told f*** this and f*** that by persiancheetah and you're giving me advice on how to act?

I think some people here are just in this mob mafia mentality where they hate CQ, hate certain players, etc. Anyone who says, "guys, wake up" is crazy and angry and everything else to disagree. Name one post where I cuss at a person, or pick them out personally. Please. I make arguments, and I'm getting tired of specific members spouting garbage and then when I respond with a footballing argument, they ask me to check my meds or some other childish response.

I find it funny that you're calling me out for acting immature though. Z Joon literally wrote me his life story of 20 pages a week or two ago when I accidentally responded to one of his comments. Where were you all to calm him down and call him immature and whatnot and question his sanity.

None of you do that, because it's a mafia mentality. You agree with Z Joon, mahestan, etc. on most things, so my 3 paragraph answers seem like the ravings of a madman, while Z Joon sounds like a poet to you.

I'm sorry I don't see eye to eye on this, but I will be making my opinion known on a forum asking for footballing opinions. If people think I'm harsh, that's fine. I don't cuss anyone out or anything. The way you started this by asking my age is obviously meant to degrade me in a similar way to someone being like "AFAT Jan please you're so angry, where are your meds."
    I know you're attempting to dress me down in a formal manner, but I don't appreciate it. How old are you may I ask? I feel like it is hypocritical behavior to jump on me when I'm having a footballing argument and not stooping to insults, yet you are nowhere to be found when Z Joon is literally arguing with himself and writing 10 page angry paragraphs. At least I'm not a hypocrite to be honest. You can think I'm 5 years old or whatever, but again, it really couldn't mean less to me how you would like me to speak here on PFDC. I'm following the rules, I'm not cursing, I'm not personally insulting any member.

Some members should come down from their high-horses, look in the mirror and acknowledge that picking on, insulting, and then attempting to shame a member who simply disagrees with many of you is sad and ridiculous.

Many of you have been acting like this for years, which may be why I am so harsh in tone. I used to be nice to some of you guys, and many of you (particularly Z Joon) stoop to low-brow, condescending insults.

I cannot be mister nice guy with my arguments, because when I was, I would get some "witty" response implying I am dumb for supporting whomever or whatever. So, I respond harshly now. That's my prerogative PersianLegion, and I won't be changing it for someone who has often disagreed with me in the past.

I've had quite a few members PM me and personally tell me that they stopped posting here because of the bullying behavior on these forums. They tell me how many of you basically push your opinions on people and gang up on members who disagree with you.

Also, I noticed that when I posted the exact goal that we conceded to Oman being conceded by the world's greatest goalie ATM Manuel Neuer, nobody responded to the footballing aspect of it. Just called me crazy or whatever for sarcastically pointing out many member here's brushing aside of Haghighi after his mistake.

I think you should all examine and see how you deal with things that disagree with your line of thought. Instead of thinking the guy who points these things out that are contrary to you are crazy or angry or whatever, maybe you guys can respond with your footballing opinions?

I'd appreciate that in the future, but all I get is sarcastic and meaningless personal insults. Prove me wrong guys. How was Neuer's mistake different than Haghighi's???

Nobody will answer, another mafioso will come by and say, "AFAT11, you're crazy!!" I'm over that response. At this point, I see through this bully behavior and I receive enough support through PM, so I know it's just you guys. You've silenced a lot of your opponents on PFDC, but I am here to stay. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      That's my prerogative Camran

I knew my name would eventually turn up

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post

I knew my name would eventually turn up
        I thought it was you because of the picture of the girl as the avatar. Change that to PersianLegion who I've also disagreed with on many things. Too many of you have pictures of girls as your avatars too

Comment

I think that Afat writes pretty intelligently and he isn't emotional as well during his posts. He is a great poster and I enjoy reading his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
            I think that Afat writes pretty intelligently and he isn't emotional as well during his posts. He is a great poster and I enjoy reading his posts.
            Thanks man. I think people mistake my sarcasm and jokes with anger. I like to make jokes to show how dumb some people here sound sometimes with their arguments, and then I get told to calm down after persiancheetah responds to me like he's going to blow a gasket. It's just the way it is. People don't like alternative opinions that make them look foolish.

Comment

As much as I disliked Rahmati's childish character and his hesitations on aerial balls, I have to admit his performance in last few games (including the one against PP) has been fantastic. Too bad he can't play for TM.
              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Rahmati has always had relatively very good reflexes, its his positioning and exits that were absolutely horrible.

Rahmati could have been a keeper for a big team had he gotten proper coaching.
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Accept it or not, Rahmati is best keeper in this country since Abdezadeh, he is not perfect, he makes mistakes and some stupid mistakes like each keeper BUT he shuts the door for his team when is matter, well most of the time.. There is not even competition in Iran for him, not even close, inviting this guy make any other keeper around him better.
                  What he did was stupid and IMO he was punished enough for that. I totally understand coach decision in that time but as we talk this guy is simply best in Iran, i mean Esteghlal game plan is simple: Lets Rahmati save our a$$ and hope score on counter. Esteghlal could have been at best a mid table team like last year without Rahmati.
                  People does some stupid things during their career, no one is perfect, let turn the page and maximize in our potentials!

Comment

Rahmati is definitely the best iranian goalie in and outside of iran. But he has attitude and grassrolling problems and he will be nearing 35 by 2018. Wouldnt be a bad idea to call him up in a do or die game in the next round but for now its probably better to play goalie with potential like beiranvand or mazaheri.

Comment

No Grassroller should ever wear an Iran TM shirt

Comment

I'm hoping this was not directed towards CQ cause that would surely not help his case. He did have a great game though as he often does but even Rahmati is extremely inconsistent, unfortunately we dont have a top goalkeeper right now in our football and we haven't pretty much had one since Oghab.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                          If you check the other thread, I didn't say anything personal to ali alipour. I posted a response to him, and I was quite reasonable. People on this forum cannot handle argument. They stoop to personal insults implying I'm crazy, or whatever. It's fine. Even here, I wasn't even talking to anyone, and I was told f*** this and f*** that by persiancheetah and you're giving me advice on how to act?
                          I think some people here are just in this mob mafia mentality where they hate CQ, hate certain players, etc. Anyone who says, "guys, wake up" is crazy and angry and everything else to disagree. Name one post where I cuss at a person, or pick them out personally. Please. I make arguments, and I'm getting tired of specific members spouting garbage and then when I respond with a footballing argument, they ask me to check my meds or some other childish response.
                          I find it funny that you're calling me out for acting immature though. Z Joon literally wrote me his life story of 20 pages a week or two ago when I accidentally responded to one of his comments. Where were you all to calm him down and call him immature and whatnot and question his sanity.
                          None of you do that, because it's a mafia mentality. You agree with Z Joon, mahestan, etc. on most things, so my 3 paragraph answers seem like the ravings of a madman, while Z Joon sounds like a poet to you.
                          I'm sorry I don't see eye to eye on this, but I will be making my opinion known on a forum asking for footballing opinions. If people think I'm harsh, that's fine. I don't cuss anyone out or anything. The way you started this by asking my age is obviously meant to degrade me in a similar way to someone being like "AFAT Jan please you're so angry, where are your meds."
                          I know you're attempting to dress me down in a formal manner, but I don't appreciate it. How old are you may I ask? I feel like it is hypocritical behavior to jump on me when I'm having a footballing argument and not stooping to insults, yet you are nowhere to be found when Z Joon is literally arguing with himself and writing 10 page angry paragraphs. At least I'm not a hypocrite to be honest. You can think I'm 5 years old or whatever, but again, it really couldn't mean less to me how you would like me to speak here on PFDC. I'm following the rules, I'm not cursing, I'm not personally insulting any member.
                          Some members should come down from their high-horses, look in the mirror and acknowledge that picking on, insulting, and then attempting to shame a member who simply disagrees with many of you is sad and ridiculous.
                          Many of you have been acting like this for years, which may be why I am so harsh in tone. I used to be nice to some of you guys, and many of you (particularly Z Joon) stoop to low-brow, condescending insults.
                          I cannot be mister nice guy with my arguments, because when I was, I would get some "witty" response implying I am dumb for supporting whomever or whatever. So, I respond harshly now. That's my prerogative PersianLegion, and I won't be changing it for someone who has often disagreed with me in the past.
                          I've had quite a few members PM me and personally tell me that they stopped posting here because of the bullying behavior on these forums. They tell me how many of you basically push your opinions on people and gang up on members who disagree with you.
                          Also, I noticed that when I posted the exact goal that we conceded to Oman being conceded by the world's greatest goalie ATM Manuel Neuer, nobody responded to the footballing aspect of it. Just called me crazy or whatever for sarcastically pointing out many member here's brushing aside of Haghighi after his mistake.
                          I think you should all examine and see how you deal with things that disagree with your line of thought. Instead of thinking the guy who points these things out that are contrary to you are crazy or angry or whatever, maybe you guys can respond with your footballing opinions?
                          I'd appreciate that in the future, but all I get is sarcastic and meaningless personal insults. Prove me wrong guys. How was Neuer's mistake different than Haghighi's???
                          Nobody will answer, another mafioso will come by and say, "AFAT11, you're crazy!!" I'm over that response. At this point, I see through this bully behavior and I receive enough support through PM, so I know it's just you guys. You've silenced a lot of your opponents on PFDC, but I am here to stay. Deal with it.
                          This is a conspiracy mentality thinking everyone is against you because they have different opinions. The fact that you think I belong to a mafia like group of people is totally wrong. I am an independent thinker and because of that I get a lot of chastises by certain people. I am not here for a popularity contest as well. If you have noticed I have lost and gained favors back and fort because some people disagreed with me to the point to give me negative rep and some others may loved what I say and gave me back rep power. Some people who were totally agree with me on most of my political/social/footballing opinion might think I betrayed them somewhere else when I picked the other side of argument, which is wrong. You can ask Zjoon, Kiarash, Zamboor, and many others who I tend to agree with on some areas about this.

Now about you: Because I felt you were also an independent thinker but younger than me (precisely a teenager), I gave you a piece of advice, not to degrade you or get even with you over some old disagreement. But to help you have better arguments without heading for confrontation, or provocation and to present your idea in a refine manner. No matter how much information a person has or being right logically, if he/she seems impulsive or confrontational then he/she loses the argument before even starting. (this comes from my own personal experience)

Generalization, and over sensitiveness get us in confrontational arguments as well. (for example you have obviously mistook me for Camran when you were writing this comment.)

Anyway I wish you good luck and I never meant or mean harm or ridicule anyone even if they have insulted me. I have disagreement with number of people who got warning over insulting and name calling but I never reciprocate. That is my mentality. I won't hold you on another thread over some old argument.

I think it is a great thing to be an independent thinker but we should be familiar with concept of fair argument as well as keeping the argument as a dialogue not monologue, which means hearing other side fairly and analysed them reasonably, they might be wrong over something but that does not make them stupid also they may point to some issues that we never have thought about which is the benefit of a debate. This way it will be a win-win game. Getting new ideas and watching an issue from new angles is always in our benefit.

Finally, as much as you like this website all other members do and have the right to express their opinion without being called stupid or other names. So if you expect others to "deal with it" as "you put it that way", you also need to deal with their existence and disagreements.

Good Luck

Comment

I also agree that Rahmati is the best keeper after Abedzadeh retired, but he isn't an option anymore unfortunately/fortunately and it's better that way IMO.

Haghighi will probably be our keeper "short-term" but we will have to turn ourselves to Beiranvand and Akhbari for the future, I highly doubt that Haghighi will be our keeper in 2018

Comment

It’s pretty simple:
                              As long as Rahmati does not apologize he can’t be forgiven and does not deserve to be invited. When it comes to Rahmati the question is not "quality" - of course he is TM material - it’s simply only his attitude that is preventing him, nothing else.

So there is no reason to waste time on him until he admits his mistake - for now let's focus on other options like Akhbari, who so far had the most impressive saves of the season IMO.
                              Formerly known as Persianking!
                              Follow me @
                              instagram/iranscout
                              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                                and he will be nearing 35 by 2018.
                                35 is completely ok for a goalie!

Comment

Working...
                                X