Great prospect for LB at TM - Aliyari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great prospect for LB at TM - Aliyari

I just finished watching WAFF final with our U23 team victorious in their final stint at this region and championship. The best way to leave the region for another - leave on a high.

But most of the game I was more focused on a certain zone on the pitch and specifically a particular player: the LEFTBACK, Aliyari.
    Up to the minutes 70-72 he had a near flawless game, showing very good marking, tracking back, top physical attributes to go toe to toe with any physical challenge and come out on top, great aerial ability, good speed, ... .

Although after min 72, he had a couple of slips and mistimed tackles, but nothing that would be difficult to iron out and fine tune.

The most important thing is he showed a good defensive sense primarily for a post that TM traditionally has had big voids and problems at. His youth energy promises a top class LB for us if we handle his career carefully and nourish him at both club level as well as int'l level.
    Another bonus is his height which gives us a bit more safety on crosses coming in for far post from our right flank. He showed he commanded the air on far post crosses and didn't give any quarter to the opponent. Something that a shorter LB would find hard to match.

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Mansourian got Aliyari & Motahari practically for Free.!

Beside what you mentioned he has strong Free Kick. He is a cool kid and is getting better that's important.

He is more offensive minded hopefully CQ will not use it against him.

Here his goal against Al shabab Saudi.

The lad is definitely worth investing on and I sincerely hope CQ calls him up for an extended trial period.

Btw, this Omid team has other top prospects like Mohammad, Cheshmi, ... who are very talented. But I wanted to keep the thread focused on the LB position.

milad mohamadi is another although he likes to push up like Ehsan..!! i think he is more the type that suits CQ's up&down the wing attacking n defending style..!! although he is a bit undersized and physically weak compared to Aliyar..!

aliyaar is Strong, big and athletic and seems ready to make the jump too, but he looks more suited as a CB..!!

Comment

Akhbari, Mohammadi, Cheshmi, and Motahari impressed me the most throughout the tournament.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Mohammadi brothers are amazing. Especially Milad.

Comment

Again, lets keep the thread focused on the left back problem.
          Ty all

@ BL. Well, bro, I understand Aliyari's general attributes and physique suits a CB also. But if he's used at LB and he shows a very decent and good showing there with good sense of marking and tracking that's more suited for a fullback, then why not try him out in this post? We already have plenty of good prospects for CB already.

Seeing the shortage of quality LB's (if we leave out the idiot in gutter second div), we basically have only a mere handful who can be tested. Jamaati is just recuperating from injury and I'm hoping he'd regain his form. Mahini (don't know what form he's in lately. But a couple of years back he was decent when used on the left) has conscription issues.
          So when we see someone like Aliyari, I say we jump at the chance and groom him for the job.

Comment

These guys need to move to Europe as soon as possible even it's some 2nd tier league like Greece, only then they can blossom into decent players with the European sense of modern football. The longer they stay in IPL, less chance to maximise their potential.

Comment

Akhbari is amazing. He bought us a 100% goal today against Syria with just extending his leg. most GK would have conceded that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                Akhbari is amazing. He bought us a 100% goal today against Syria with just extending his leg. most GK would have conceded that goal.
                He saved a decent header toward the end also. It bounced and but he managed to control it.

Comment

I agree, Aliyari is good. They should move him up to the senior team. Hopefully there won't be any amateurish conflicts between Khakpour and the senior national team.

The best time to invite Aliyari would be after the U23 Asian Cup.

Comment

Aliyari is a great talent but I think that he is not ready for TM yet. He barely plays for Naft as well, when on the other hand Mohammadi is the same age and is the key player of Rah Ahan, and has shown how he could handle big caliber players (like in his trial with Sturm especially vs Zenit and Hulk).

They are kinda different types of LBs, Aliyari is much more physical and a better defender (kinda reminds me of a more talented Lord Hashem Beikzadeh) while Milad is better going forward. For me Aliyari is definitely one to watch but right now I really want Milad Mohammadi to be given more chances with TM.

Comment

Mohammadi plays as a defender or left mid in rah ahan?

Comment

He kind of reminds me of Ahmad Alenemeh from the Daei era. Strong, fit, and a good stride in his run.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          These guys need to move to Europe as soon as possible even it's some 2nd tier league like Greece, only then they can blossom into decent players with the European sense of modern football. The longer they stay in IPL, less chance to maximise their potential.
                          Sturm was stupid enough to reject Milad...they paid the price till now

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            Again, lets keep the thread focused on the left back problem.
                            Ty all

@ BL. Well, bro, I understand Aliyari's general attributes and physique suits a CB also. But if he's used at LB and he shows a very decent and good showing there with good sense of marking and tracking that's more suited for a fullback, then why not try him out in this post? We already have plenty of good prospects for CB already.

Seeing the shortage of quality LB's (if we leave out the idiot in gutter second div), we basically have only a mere handful who can be tested. Jamaati is just recuperating from injury and I'm hoping he'd regain his form. Mahini (don't know what form he's in lately. But a couple of years back he was decent when used on the left) has conscription issues.
                            So when we see someone like Aliyari, I say we jump at the chance and groom him for the job.
                            i didnt know we have so many CB prospects..!!????
                            your right on many accounts in this post, but just yet, i dont see Aliyari capable of handing the necessary pace, nor the extreme work-rate required to play a wingback/Left back for CQ's TM..!!
                            His defensive tenacity, big frame, strength and to me seems better suited to a LCB position, which isnt nearly so reliant on quickfootedness, and high work-rate of running up and down the left wing in support of attack and backline for 90min+..!

To me, CQ's preferred (all-out defending/pressing and quick countering / wing and cross heavy attacking) tactics isnt quiet as reliant on strong, bruising physical Wingbacks as the pacy and pesty ones..!!(Pooladi was the rare combination of both, thats why he is sorely missed..!)

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                            Aliyari is a great talent but I think that he is not ready for TM yet. He barely plays for Naft as well, when on the other hand Mohammadi is the same age and is the key player of Rah Ahan, and has shown how he could handle big caliber players (like in his trial with Sturm especially vs Zenit and Hulk).

They are kinda different types of LBs, Aliyari is much more physical and a better defender (kinda reminds me of a more talented Lord Hashem Beikzadeh) while Milad is better going forward. For me Aliyari is definitely one to watch but right now I really want Milad Mohammadi to be given more chances with TM.
                            im more in agreement with this, although havent seen an IPL game since Mighty AK8's last appearances..!!

if for nothing, but more Option/depths down LFB positon, i think this mohamadi kid needs to be mixed in CQ's squad and given chance to learn and get used to his system of play..!!
                            but an Equally if not more important shortcoming to address is finding another, younger suitable CM/AM..!! so that we can move Ashkan closer to the bylines where he is much more comfortable and effective performer..!

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                              He kind of reminds me of Ahmad Alenemeh from the Daei era. Strong, fit, and a good stride in his run.
                              yea me too...! he even looks like a younger version of him..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X