Rahman Rezaei's heavy criticism of CQ and TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    What's going on here? I don't get what you and ali alipour are getting at?
    Neither do I. I think he's upset because I made a good counter point. I assume he's trolling now.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
      Neither do I. I think he's upset because I made a good counter point. I assume he's trolling now.
      Well in fairness to ali alipour he has admitted in the past on PFDC to having man boobs which earned him the nickname of Mash Manboobi.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        Rezaei before criticizing CQ: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-past-35-years. Voted best tm defender in 35 years
        Rezaei after criticizing CQ: bad defender, doesn't know anything, embarrassment etc
        well if you look at their names, you will see none of those people who voting for him said he was a bad defender here, just look at their names lol
        Originally posted by rugs View Post
        Yeah man, so wierd bro.... Because all those who voted must be the same who are criticising him.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
          If your father is from there then you should especially educate yourself about the region. Masjed e Soleiman is situated in the Zagros mountains, which is not a desert. there are farmers in that region with cattle, which means these animals have to graze grass. In case you didn't know, sheep and cows can not survive in the desert. And yes i have lived in Khuzestan for some years, so you could say i know the region pretty well. I thought you where some ignorant Tehrani guy, but you're even worse since you have roots from Khuzestan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagros_Mountains

Good job associating the word ignorant with the adjective Tehrani. That will make a lot of people happy here...
          "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

I like it when people or media put pressure on CQ to deliver better. But criticizing tactics in an interview is rather useless. I don't doubt RR knows football. But they should have have him go over a real clip so he can show where TM defense fails to convert from defense to offence.

The bottom line is all the negativity brought up are promoted by Iran media with cheap interviews and no value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

I was very young during the 2006 World Cup, but I will not forget his ultimate blunder against Mexico. If he had not made that stupid pass, it could have been 1-1 because up to that point there was no real danger coming from the Mexicans. We basically gifted them the game in the final 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                I also didn't see any heavy criticism. Only the hashieh part..

As for the defending, I don't think he contradicted himself. He was saying how TM can defend very well when they don't have to make the play. So whenever we let the opposite have the ball and make the play in the midfield and choose to play reaction football, or counterattacking, we can defend really well. Mourinho would say whenever we park the bus .

However when we are the ones who must do the playmaking, controlling the ball and push upfront with the whole team as the opposite team chooses to park the bus, we are very weak on defending. There's too much space behind our defenders and/or too much space between our defenders and midfielders (the more important part). Then he goes and says that when we have to defend a turnover/counterattack (with not that many people behind the ball) we still defend zones instead of going to man marking.
                So yes, against stronger teams that we look up to, we defend really wel, but whenever we feel like we're superior and try to control the game our defence goes weak.

Then there is the fact that we choke in important games underperforming every time and thus going to park the bus mode or just fail miserably. In the friendlies however you see that we also can control the game or play to our full potential. I think all of us agree on this part and the choking isn't a new problem but one that we have for decades now.
                Also he said that you'd see Iran play to it's full potential whenever they fall behind in a official game, again something we have all seen happen. The reporters brought u the fact that he's contradicting hisself, because of the fact that we haven't won any game when we have conceded a goal. However, I don't think their criticism is right, as we have seen too many times, Iran falls behind against a team that is (on paper at least) weaker than them, start play real football and score a goal, but then fall back into their choke mode or what ever it is when they're tied.

So all in all I don't think he said anything contradictory or strange, except the hashie part on QC, which I think was uncalled for.
                The facts that he summed up are problems that we've had for decades now, so I don't know if CQ is to blame for that, but I do know that he also hasn't entirely fixed it.
                Great points, totally agreed. I thought that this argument of his about our defending was pretty spot on.

Comment

Just remember this scene.

Comment

He made some decent points but still sounded a bit off when he made them. He unfortunately doesn't seem quite coherent overall

Comment

For every mistake Rezaei made in his TM career (maybe 2-3 big ones at most), he played 10 solid matches where he saved our asses.

So those smart people that come and say that it's stupid to justify the points he makes by his successful career can also mention that it is equally as stupid to single out his worst mistakes as a player to show that you disagree with him.

If only some of you can set aside your unconditional love for our NT coach and listen to Rezaei's points in an objective way, it would be a good start. Every coach in the world is criticized, and CQ is not an exception, he is a great coach but not perfect, freedom of speech goes in both ways like in every part of the world. Don't be so narrow-minded, people.

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                        He unfortunately doesn't seem quite coherent overall
                        It was very hard to listen to. I hope he never becomes a full time analyst.

They could've brought someone who can at least form proper sentences. This guy was one run-on sentence after another.
                        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Rahman Rezaie,
                          The player that is arguably responsible for the single, most embarrassing incident in Iranian football is now criticizing a world class coach.
                          Just a reminder Rahman rezaie,

- This Oman team that you think we should beat easily actually dominated Iran in the Asian games that you represented.They led Iran 2-0 and we only tied the game in added time with some real luck and a major officiating blunder that ended up helping Iran.

- This oman team that you think Iran should roll over now days, dominated you and Iran TM that included the likes of Ali Daie, Karimi (in his prime), Mahdavikia (in his prime), Kaabi, Gol Mohamadi, Kazeminan etc.

- Oman put so much pressure on you and Iran in that game that you blew your top and slapped your own teammate in the middle of the game and should have both been Red carded.

Stop the drugs
                          Check into a rehab center
                          leave football alone, your days as a footballer are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
                            - Oman put so much pressure on you and Iran in that game that you blew your top and slapped your own teammate in the middle of the game and should have both been Red carded..
                            Yadesh bekheir

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              Yadesh bekheir

exactly.....
                              Now this stupid has-been is jobless with no income and what better way than to criticize NT coach.....
                              that seems to get you a job these days...
                              just look at Mayeli Kodan.

Comment

In all fairness, everyone should be free to express their thoughts and what's in their mind, as freedom of speech is something that our country desperately is in need of. Likewise criticizing such speech shall also be tolerated.

Having said that, watching this interview, turned annoying as soon as he made a false claim, for he couldn't back it up with facts and proofs, despite being asked so several times by both hosts. He falsely claimed CQ insulted the people of Iran, by saying so he directly implied that CQ has blatantly made some insulting comments towards Iranian people, which warrants a public apology by CQ etc.

As soon as he made that baseless claim, I said to myself what a loser, you should be free to criticize anyone, including CQ, however to present such big lie on a public international TV is bizarre and shameful, for warrants an apology by him to both CQ and people of Iran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X