No announcement yet.

Ban players from TM who play in Qatar Stars League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imaging banning Ashkan and Ando right this second from TM regardless of their form. Impossible. I'm very much against our players playing in the arab leagues but its a reality we have to deal with. If they underperform for TM, CQ will eventually leave them out like he's done with Masoud. As long as any player delivers for the national team, they deserve a place even if they play in Qatar's 2nd division.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
      Imaging banning Ashkan and Ando right this second from TM regardless of their form. Impossible. I'm very much against our players playing in the arab leagues but its a reality we have to deal with. If they underperform for TM, CQ will eventually leave them out like he's done with Masoud. As long as any player delivers for the national team, they deserve a place even if they play in Qatar's 2nd division.
      I second that. I don't like that some players move to Qatar. But they are still delivering for TM standards, which is why they can stay for now.
      But I wouldn't be surprised if they get replaced the moment that there's an alternative available. The thing is, however, there is none yet.

Comment

If we go by what some think, how can we possibly expect our team to get past the group stage of a World Cup?

Facts are that having Arab league players in your team doesn't contribute to positive performances in any possible way. I can't think of a single team who made it far in a World Cup with a squad consisting of few Qatar Stars League players. That's reality too.

Comment

why should we ? i Think Qatar League is better then our League. They have better coach, better academy with better pitch, they have players like Xavi and so on..
          TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            If we go by what some think, how can we possibly expect our team to get past the group stage of a World Cup?

Facts are that having Arab league players in your team doesn't contribute to positive performances in any possible way. I can't think of a single team who made it far in a World Cup with a squad consisting of few Qatar Stars League players. That's reality too.
            Banning players such as Dejagah and Ando will possibly not even get us to the WCQ third round.

We need them for now as there is no alternative.

I'm more than willing to go with your idea once there is an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
              why should we ? i Think Qatar League is better then our League. They have better coach, better academy with better pitch, they have players like Xavi and so on..
              And yet they couldn't even get out of their group at Asian cup

Oh, look who topped that group. The country that has a worse league than qatar....

Yes they have a 35 year old almost retired player in their league. We can also do that, but we are better than to do gimmicky things like that.

IPL is the best league in west asia and top three in all of asia as far as talent goes.

Comment

Well I hate to say it but I wouldn't mind if Qatar names their league A****** Gulf too. This way Iranians are forced to get out.

Comment

For me, it comes down to this:

How many players have gone on to join a decent European team after QSL in the whole 40+ year history of the league?

How many QSL players have been featured in the last 8 World Cups?

How many QSL players have been been featured at the semi-finals of the last 8 Asian Cups?

The answer to all those questions is few, if any. Generally, players go to Qatar to end their careers, not to jump start them.

On that note, inviting players from QSL is not in the long term interest of our football program or players, because every spot taken by a QSL player, is bascially a spot taken away from a PGL player with potential (no matter how small) to move to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    Well I hate to say it but I wouldn't mind if Qatar names their league A****** Gulf too. This way Iranians are forced to get out.
                    Never wish for such a thing! or

Comment

lol this is the stupidest thread i have ever seen. xD lets ban women from entering our arenas as well. oh snap we are already that retarded

Comment

I'm totally fine with hosseini and montazeri being in QSL. I think we should only stop inviting people who show severe drop in form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Luckly so far all the players that did end up going to Qatar were either on the decline or already max out on their potentials. So if these players feel like going over to make some easy bucks, by all means. On the other hand they still have to be able to perform at top level for the nation. So I don't think we can put everyone in one basket and say should they be invited or banned. This should analyzed within the team and decided individually.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Either ban them or call up Jabbari again, who's doing much better than all the Iranian players over there

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              Either ban them or call up Jabbari again, who's doing much better than all the Iranian players over there
                              Didn't Jabbari retire from TM? Who retires after we have qualified for the World cup.. Still today it is beyond me why he would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                Didn't Jabbari retire from TM? Who retires after we have qualified for the World cup.. Still today it is beyond me why he would do that.
                                Yeah he retired internationally, and ironically he's been playing better than all of our players in the QSL every single season

Comment

Working...
                                X